Novation Sound Collective (NI Massive + Ozone Elements)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:06 am I don't think it's the size but the choice of colors and contrast. It's not easy on the eye, feels like a mishmash. It needs a more cleaner interface, wish it was skinnable. 😟
Looks like it's about 976x531 give or take a pixel or two. I can see the gui if I get my face right up to the monitor so for me it is about the size but yea being skinnable wouldn't hurt.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Have you tried setting Windows display (scale and layout section) to 125%?
It would be cool if someone like satYatunes could make a larger sized skin, or maybe Plugmon.

No I'm not going to faff about with scaling for one plugin. All the other plugins I use on a regular basis can be resized to taste so no problem there.

But I agree a satYatunes skin would be nice but I don't see a skin or resources folder for MiniMonsta so it would require hacking the .dll or for GForce to work with a skin designer and that doesn't seem likely at this point.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nice to see this in my Novation account. I'd never even checked that before, so thanks thread! I think Minimonsta still has a nice character even compared to some newer moogs.

Unfortunately GForce made this in collaboration with Ohm Force so the chances of GUI or other updates are quite low from what I've heard from them.

e@rs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:03 pm Now, that's a GIFT! Thank you, Novation, GForce and sprnva! :clap:
Yeah I think this is the first freebie (from Focusrite) that I've actually gotten excited about.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:06 am This tutorial by Dave is easy to follow and the sound he makes here is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpb96pkzh40
Nice, thanks for sharing that.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:24 pm I didn't felt that way, for me it was easy as a breeze to activate.
Same here. Not sure what some people had issues with.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:06 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:37 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 pm I was really surprised how much CPU it takes, for such an old synth. I mean, it's not as heavy as some of the newer stuff, but, quite a hog considering the age. :)
Yes that caught me off guard as well. Considering it hasn't been updated since 2014 I can only image it would be pretty hard on many of the CPUs from that time period. No problem running it today.
Aliens wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 am Also very usable gui at 1920:1080
It's almost unusable at 1920x1080 here but my eyes aren't what they used to be. I'd love to make some patches for MiniMonsta but the gui makes it just too unpleasant to work with for me and I have so many alternatives to occupy my time.

Still it sounds good and I appreciate the generosity of all involved especially since it's still on sale for $129.99 at Sweetwater.
I don't think it's the size but the choice of colors and contrast. It's not easy on the eye, feels like a mishmash. It needs a more cleaner interface, wish it was skinnable. 😟
I respect your opinion but I disagree, I think the color scheme is suitable for long periods of use. The GUI size is the issue for me, but I'll manage.

This month’s exclusive Sound Collective community giveaway is Yum Audio’s LoFi Pitch Dropout – a fascinating effects plug-in that emulates tape errors. Normally sold for £65/$90, LoFi Pitch Dropout is free to download for Sound Collective members from 5th August 2021 to 7th October 2021 (4pm BST), and comes with a 25% discount code to redeem against any product in the Yum Audio range.
Image Image Image Image

Today should be out the new one or am I wrong?

Yeah, I was waiting for today (7th of October) but they changed the date on the novation page. New one should be at the 28th now.
Same with the Focusrite promo

Ohh I was checking all day long yesterday; thank you!

This month both Plugin Collective and Sound Collective offers land on the same day. So they've given the same offer to both:

This month’s exclusive Plug-in Collective community giveaway is Fuse Audio Labs’ FX plug-in Bucket-500 and VPRE-2C, for Mac and Windows. Normally sold for £39.00/$49.00/€44.00, Bucket-500 and VPRE-2C are free to download for Plug-in Collective members from 28th October to 16th December (4pm GMT), and come with a 50% discount code to redeem against any product in the Fuse Audio Labs range.
Image Image Image Image

Thank you

Not working for me.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”