Plugin Alliance BS vouchers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:02 pm
LeVzi wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:51 pm
fese wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:00 am Yep, in the mail there is an asterisk at the price, and a note in the small print:
“Local VAT taxes may be added, only if required by law in your country. “
So they’re technically not doing anything wrong here… marketing and advertising, it’s not pretty, but not illegal.
No, there is not. I am talking about the email they sent out, the asterix refers to the plugins that are NOT part of the deal, because it says ANY plugin 29.99 *

So I click the link to get a plugin and at checkout I get VAT slapped on it. How come Waves say 29.99 and it IS 29.99 ?
Because WAVES is top customer oriented!
I’d rather pay VAT than WUP
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:08 pm To me this isn't a Plugin Alliance issue. It's nice when some companies will cut their price to offset any taxes, but that's a relatively new trend and literally takes money out off the sale (i.e. less going to developers) while offering a larger discount to customers in higher tax areas in order to skirt sales tax (VAT) by charging less. 20% of $80 results in less tax than 20% of $100. This isn't or shouldn't be the rule. There are two certainties in life: death and taxes. VAT is the latter. I don't think getting angry at Plugin Alliance or posting about it on KVR is the right forum. Or at least, go to the Hyde Park sub-forum for a debate on tax policy.

Just my two cents...as stupid as anyone else's. ;)
In most parts of the world, it's normal for prices to include VAT. It's just the US where there's hidden fees everywhere (VAT, tips...)

Of course, that's a challenge when selling internationally, but it's still standard in the EU despite varying sales taxes.

Everyone in EU & UK expects to pay VAT on purchases. Its a nice bonus when its not charged (online), but not expected. YMMV.

Just picked up bx_crispytuner for $35.99 (inc.VAT). Seems like a decent deal to me.

If we try, I'm sure we can find a bunch of other things to blame on PA. Like the rising utility prices. The vouchers should also really work on my electricity bill.

2.5 degree global temp rise by 2080, thanks Dirk!

pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:53 pm
dblock wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:41 am I like their cheeky way of using word "any" to give an impression that actually they mean any plugin while in reality it's selected pool of plugins in promotion.

I have a habit that when I see "*" in a headline, I'm instantly pressing trash bin icon.
To be fair, they never said "every" so there's really nothing cheeky about it.
One of the definitions of 'any' is 'every'. 'Any' is used here as a typical marketing hook.
The difference between any and every is that any is at least one while every is all of a countable group, without exception. Where in the world did you see that one of the definitions of any is every? You need to check that my friend. If you're doing a card trick, you say "pick a card, ANY card, it doesn't mean pick 52 cards. If you said pick EVERY card, that would mean 52 cards.

dblock wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:24 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:41 am I like their cheeky way of using word "any" to give an impression that actually they mean any plugin while in reality it's selected pool of plugins in promotion.

I have a habit that when I see "*" in a headline, I'm instantly pressing trash bin icon.
One of the definitions of 'any' is 'every'. 'Any' is used here as a typical marketing hook.
The difference between any and every is that any is at least one while every is all of a countable group, without exception. Where in the world did you see that one of the definitions of any is every? You need to check that my friend. If you're doing a card trick, you say "pick a card, ANY card, it doesn't mean pick 52 cards. If you said pick EVERY card, that would mean 52 cards.
i think his point is
pick a card, any card, except that one!

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:31 pm pick a card, any card, except that one!
My response is not addressing you specifically, but this is a totally fair thing to do. So they just offer 97% of their catalogue for $29 + VAT instead of EVERYTHING? Most of the excluded plugins are just recent releases or their premium stuff.. possibly there are other agreements behind the scenes, as PA are multiple companies. I mean they still do want to earn money after all. And everyone knows, with patience you can pick up those as well for a very low price. While their MSRP is obviously completely laughable, there is plenty of things that are totally worth $29 + VAT. Like you can pick up the BYOME + TRIAD bundle for example.

Also I think complaining about their vouchers is pretty ingenuine. There are only very few companies that actually let you stack vouchers with other vouchers and with sales. And people are encouraged or at least allowed to trade, share and sell them (even in their official FB group). You can use the vouchers on the transfer fee (making license transfer essentially free) and even on the third party offers... I picked up the Acon suite for $24+VAT like that. So I think their voucher game is as fair as can be.

I think there are legitimate criticisms against PA. Like some technical issues with plugins that are not addressed or how they apparently remove any non-praising reviews from their website. But I haven't seen any legitimate criticism brought up here so far...

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:31 pm
dblock wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:24 pm

i think his point is
pick a card, any card, except that one!
yep, pick any card...of the cards we make available to you. Pixel IS right in the sense that any applies to every plugin at that discount price but "within the permitted group" so I do see what he's getting at. Semantics at this point but to get back on topic, I don't think anybody realistically expects to get a somewhat recently released $300 plugin for $29. Maybe this time next year though.
Last edited by dblock on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:53 pm One of the definitions of 'any' is 'every'.
To be more precise, 'any' is a member of the set {every} which would be the set of all members within the sample space.

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:56 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:53 pm One of the definitions of 'any' is 'every'.
To be more precise, 'any' is a member of the set {every} which would be the set of all members within the sample space.
Ok, I'll buy that.

gondii wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:52 pm

but this is a totally fair thing to do.

totally :tu:

i was just trying to clear up what i thought pixel was getting at, not giving any agreement to it :)

i might see it different, if the email said any, then when you got to the website, you click one and it says except that one!
but the email stated there was a caveat, which is normal, its very rare for any company to offer newer stuff in such sales. just because a few choose to, doesnt mean everyone has to.

and i have no issue with being charged vat, its how the vat is used my issues happen ;)

Just consider the difference in meaning if your friend says "I will have sex with anyone at the party" vs. "I will have sex with everyone at the party."

and i have no issue with being charged vat, its how the vat is used my issues happen ;)
Like re-decorating Boris' flat for example ... :roll:

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 pm Just consider the difference in meaning if your friend says "I will have sex with anyone at the party" vs. "I will have sex with everyone at the party."
There ya go. Every might make you walk differently. :lol:
Last edited by dblock on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”