One Synth Challenge #152: WhispAir by Full Bucket Music (Aiynzahev Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
WhispAir

--
Last edited by yplugins on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Time Is Up

The voting Site will be up later today.

Good luck to all participants! :tu:

BTW: Factory program #1 "Flutish" gives an example how to do a delayed vibrato with WhispAir.

If it weren't for a computer crash that destroyed 4 hours of work, I would have had this submitted earlier. Needless to say, I'm broken-hearted. Needless to say, whether this counts or not, I'd love some feedback. I put a lot into this one.
https://soundcloud.com/kylebenjamin/kyl ... cal-nature

OT - New Release v0.6.0-alpha of my Lua / Protoplug Volume Shaper "AmplitudeKungFu" is available now viewtopic.php?p=8252889#p8252889.
Additionaly check the readme.md here: https://github.com/huberp/ProtoplugScri ... /README.md
Main Features: State Saving, many performance improvements and under the hood some nice source code refactorings towards modularization. Upcoming Version will have a reworked form of the Catmull-Rom spline called "centripetal". And I have any more plans ... watch out ... and I'm thinking about porting it to ReadScript or even Juce/C++
AmplitudeKungFu 004 State Saving.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:33 pm OT - New Release v0.6.0-alpha of my Lua / Protoplug Volume Shaper
Hardly relevant to this forum which is for submissions and chat for the WhispAir challenge. As a beta for an unrelated fx plugin it does not even qualify for use in this challenge!

RichardSemper wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:43 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:33 pm OT - New Release v0.6.0-alpha of my Lua / Protoplug Volume Shaper
Hardly relevant to this forum which is for submissions and chat for the WhispAir challenge. As a beta for an unrelated fx plugin it does not even qualify for use in this challenge!
No disagreement about it being off topic, but I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed for use as an effect in the competition. Volume shaping below audio rate is allowed, and this is just a scripted way to automate that. I've frequently used custom JSFX scripts to transform my MIDI. Similar idea, different technology. If that's not allowed, then I'll stop doing it, and be sad. But I haven't to date received any pushback when submitting a track with "Custom JSFX x4" or some such in my plugins breakdown, and I don't see how Peter's Protoplug volume shaper is significantly different. Is it just that he's calling it an alpha of a plugin rather than a custom Protoplug script?
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

I only remember the prohibition on using complex envelopes (created including using Protoplug) as modulators in MSEG, for example in NoiseMaker. I don't think it would be banned as an alternative to STFU or EnveLover.

I am just going on the line from the rules:
"3rd party effects must be easily available freeware: this does not include plug-in betas, demos, magware or freeware that has expired, unless a special exception is made that month."
Given that it is a script for protoplug which is freely available I may be wrong in this interpretation. I have never used protoplug.
However - 'easily available' is arguable also since the script needs compiling, and is stated to be in beta stage. Do we have to know coding to be able to use it?

In any case spam from plugin developers is not desirable on this forum imo

MilksterX wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:34 pm
This confused me too. I ended up thinking of the modulators as amount knobs that can have their amount modulated by anything other than off or on. But when it came to envelope generators things got weird in the negative modulations. I also wanted to find an attenuated vibrato and ended up just using mod wheel in much smaller amounts to achieve that effect.
Yeah, most of the time I wasn't having issues using the modulators, but a few times I wanted to do something a little more complex the behavior was too immediately baffling for me to want to spend the time to figure out, so I just did some quick workarounds exactly like what you described so I could just keep on chugging.

I haven't used Protoplug either. All I know is it's scripted in Lua and uses a Lua JIT compiler for efficient execution. I think what this means in practical terms is you just need to load the script, and it does all the compilation internally. Presumably Peter could clarify the usage.

I always took that clause as examples of things that aren't considered easily available freeware, with betas being typically available for only a limited time or to a limited test user base. Far be it from me to tell you what the rules mean. I'm looking for clarification in part because of my own frequent use of custom JSFX scripts, which I view as just an algorithmic way to specify automation and MIDI data rather than full fledged plugins. As far as I can tell, the differences between this and Peter's volume shaper in its current form are not things which should matter. The underlying technology is essentially equivalent - it gives you the ability to load a script to do custom audio or MIDI processing. Whether you call the resulting doodad a custom script or an alpha/beta of a plugin seems to me a distinction without a clear difference.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

I agree it's more about being easily available freeware, and perhaps I overstated the case. It does seem pretty innocuous and there are other plugs doing much the same thing. I am certainly not looking to force a dq for use of it.
Further, be reassured that the rules allow for midi plugins and automation (below audio rate)
Just that there have been a large number of posts touting this as a plugin and giving updates about it, all of which seems quite off-topic for this forum.

:?: Do any of you know how much the archive of all OSC tracks weighs for all time :?:

I think its about 36Gb, 4770 tracks, 13 days non-stop play (around the clock).
Rough figures, and I am still missing a few tracks I think.

RichardSemper wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:31 am
Eauson wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:14 am The challenge started @ Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:30 pm
So, shouldn’t the time limit be 1 month later @ the same time?
About 30 minutes to go!

From the rules: Challenge to run from the 1st to the end of the last day, every month Timezone: UTC-8 time https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc-8
I know, I know
I’m just a bit baffled
The newest OsC is yet to be announced, yet submission is closed
There maybe a rule, yet it’s odd
Anywho, doesn’t matter, I’m just typing out loud :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Return to “Instruments”