An Invitation to Soundpaint

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I probably wouldn't buy another sampled synth, as I already have IK Syntronik taking up a huge amount of drive space. And plenty of VST synths that hardly use any disk.

But I think there is still a good use case for sample libraries of real instruments.

And also with the capability for layering them with "found sounds" to create hybrid soundscapes. That will probably be of most interest to composers of cinematic, TV, and game soundtracks.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

PRKid wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:38 pm Just got to play with Soundpaint a bit last night, per many of the comments above, not impressive (as hyped) at all. My Korg Volca Drum synth sounds better on the drums then the Orange 808 UDS, and, I have a lot more control of that device which many times is referred more as a "toy". Only item that sounds pretty good is the '75 Soul Guitar (for only $20 as a freebie to Soundpaint). The Bundle is ridiculous for only a $10 discount.
I just realized this myself, even with two more expansions added. Total price individually is $370, if you buy all as a bundle it is $360. It's more than ridiculous.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

whats with the banner ad?
forget about it till last minute?

youve got a product called soundpaint, did the name alone not inspire "colour" of any kind?

What a bunch of spoilt children.

agharta wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:15 pm What a bunch of spoilt children.
excuse me?
im asking about the banner, not complaining about anything.
ok, i made a joke about forgetting about it :shrug:

i would just honestly have expected something more rainbowy, to symbolise all the different sound colours, which is what i assumed the name was inspired by.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 pm
excuse me?

i would just honestly have expected something more rainbowy, to symbolise all the different sound colours, which is what i assumed the name was inspired by.
I think it was more directed at my post, maybe.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:26 pm
excuse me?

I think it was more directed at my post, maybe.
ah, in that case, thats fine! :)

:lol:

excuse me?

Not aimed at you, I'd have quoted you if it was and I did use a plural.
It was aimed at the ongoing petty sniping and moaning in this thread.
Yeah, it's sample based, it's not a virtual synth, get over it and move on to a different thread about something that does interest you.

10 bucks is 10 bucks you can still use it for something else :D

I still didnt find sadly a nice walkthrough. I am interested in only the sound designish, cinematic stuff. Would love to see and hear what results you can come up with morphing palindrome and something else.
I dont understand why people buy nowadays sample based synths which are available as full vst, for this price.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:07 pm 10 bucks is 10 bucks you can still use it for something else :D

I still didnt find sadly a nice walkthrough. I am interested in only the sound designish, cinematic stuff. Would love to see and hear what results you can come up with morphing palindrome and something else.
I dont understand why people buy nowadays sample based synths which are available as full vst, for this price.
Yeah, but 2.7% discount when buying a bundle? But I shouldn't complain, it just makes it easier to not buying anything.

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:18 pmYeah, but 2.7% discount when buying a bundle? But I shouldn't complain, it just makes it easier to not buying anything.
Eggsactly!
It is:
0. Not rainbowy
1. Not expensive
2. Not something else
3. Not bundle discounted
4. Not small in size
5. Not a lot of presets
6. Not explained enough
7. Not subtle marketing
8. Not what I need now
9. Not fixing my boredom
:party:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

as to 'why is it 8GB if it's really smaller samples' - the pure samples piano I'm using is 138GB, and it's the basic, not the full.

I'm out of space is all

agharta wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:54 pm Not aimed at you, I'd have quoted you if it was and I did use a plural.
It was aimed at the ongoing petty sniping and moaning in this thread.
Yeah, it's sample based, it's not a virtual synth, get over it and move on to a different thread about something that does interest you.
We can still question the prudence of a 48gb sample lib of something that’s been done better in a much more economic format, can we not?

@jancivil:
If you need 138gb for a single piano and its a basic version, the concept is probably flawed.
No matter how many samples its still samples

that's just like, your opinion, man.
not sure what it's based in since you have not supported it in any way.

I have something to show, tho

to be more precise and maybe even fair, a lot of it is samples of microphones and how it's placed in a specific space. It also deeply samples pedals behaviors and noises what occur playing a piano, sympathetic resonances, has a viable soft pedal, does half-pedaling with a continuous controller...
VSL Imperial, go on with your bad seff and dismiss, I should worry? In terms of information: Zero in, zero out.

But the_point is very rich sounding stuff in the realm of samples may use a lot more than 8GB to get there.
The other extreme is SWAM, and those files are in kilobytes.

Sound design... $50

https://youtu.be/NKQg2VpUVOs
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”