All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my shroom bloom (doom bloom in the pic) has a second footswitch for "squeal like a bleeding pig".
not seen that in software.

(that's not it's official description/name, but it's what it does :love: )

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:48 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:34 pm I like the Knobs videos because of his style and sense of humor, not really the music.
He's really good at videography, the sounds mostly sound the same-ish to me. :shrug:
yeah i get what you mean
although there's few gear vid folk where the music is something id put on to listen to.

exceptions being those that do music separately, demo music often is just simple riffs i guess?

yeah certainly im not looking for new music to add to my iphone with those vids.

wonder if cptgone will add his modgrid pedal board.
or just say "look at everything, i have that" :lol:

pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:35 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:48 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:34 pm I like the Knobs videos because of his style and sense of humor, not really the music.
He's really good at videography, the sounds mostly sound the same-ish to me. :shrug:
yeah i get what you mean
although there's few gear vid folk where the music is something id put on to listen to.

exceptions being those that do music separately, demo music often is just simple riffs i guess?

yeah certainly im not looking for new music to add to my iphone with those vids.
total agreement on the videography though, and his style.
i like the toys (actual toys) he just has lay around the "device" meaningless, but gives his work something no one else had at the time he started. (seen a few imitators since mind).

jbraner wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:30 pm You're not wrong about "rare and desireable" either. They're going for up to £140 (GBP) on ebay. How much did they cost new? I'm sure it wasn't that much ;)
Ah, has the freqOut been discontinued too?

I paid €99 (Thomann, 2019 - I didn't know the cheaper outlet yet, it was my 1st pedal apart from a used EQ pedal I got 30 years ago) 8)

justin3am wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:12 pm
jbraner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:39 am
justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:47 pm All this talk of the Digitech Freq Out has my interest piqued there too. I wonder how it works and how it would respond to being in a feedback loop with something else... hmm.
It works really well here. I'm not sure what you mean about feedback loop - but it really wants to be the first pedal your guitar sees...
That just makes me want to abuse it more! When I say feedback loop, I mean routing it's output back to it's own input, through an attenuator. Doing this can change a pedals character, cause it to self oscillate or sometimes it can make the pedal go quiet. The results are often unpredictable but it can be a great way to get interesting sounds.
In case someone doesn't know yet, Death By Audio has a pedal for that: Total Sonic Annihilation.
The V2 version added a boost.

cptgone wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:04 pm
jbraner wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:30 pm You're not wrong about "rare and desireable" either. They're going for up to £140 (GBP) on ebay. How much did they cost new? I'm sure it wasn't that much ;)

I paid €99 (Thomann, 2019 - I didn't know the cheaper outlet yet, it was my 1st pedal apart from a used EQ pedal I got 30 years ago) 8)
Yeah - I don't think there are any Digitech pedals right now. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent, but you certainly can't get new ones anywhere in the UK.
I don't look in Thomann any more - since brexshit, I think you have to pay customs (and wait longer etc) now :-\
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:34 pm

Yeah - I don't think there are any Digitech pedals right now. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent, but you certainly can't get new ones anywhere in the UK.
I don't look in Thomann any more - since brexshit, I think you have to pay customs (and wait longer etc) now :-\
i think it's temporary, there's big supply chain issues for most electronic stuff.
and the b word didn't help matters, shops can't buy as many units per order, as they are more expensive now, so stock moves quicker...

bloody rubbish :(

jbraner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:34 pm

Custom costs are now included in the list price.
viewtopic.php?f=298&t=532321&p=8242595& ... ent8242521
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Oh, that's good to know - thanks ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:01 pm Just got mine today. I suddenly realized I could get physical products for a good price instead of always looking for software solutions.
have fun and let us know your thoughts on them all some time :)
Well the Big Muff sounds great. Sustain for days and very quiet operation.

The TC Electronic Drip pedal I got sounded very bad. I was disappointed until I swapped out the AC power for a 9V battery (which involved removing four screws from the side of the unit). Now it sounds like it should. :D It seems that the usual power supply I was using is not up to the task. :(

I broke a string. :x

I'm happy now with all my purchase (including the Echobrain and Thunderstorm). I'll definitely be looking at more TC Electronic pedals. They seem to be good value at the moment. Sometimes fingers are better than mouse movements.

Oh, and the Yamaha reFace cover I got is such a perfect fit. Very sturdy too. I'm really glad I decided to go with it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Rats! Literally. My Rat quest seems never ending (I first got a Poco Rat; then a 2nd one from b-stock, for my synths pedalboard; then JHS modded ones became available in Europe so I got one; then it turned out many clones sound better than the original from Poco; then Wampler released the mighty yet tiny Ratbane; and then...)

TIL JHS released a 9-in-one Rat called Packrat :cry: which doesn't include Big Ear's wonderful take on the Rat, the Woodcutter :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTLhtpwJNSQ

I can say I'm a big fan of the Browne Amps Protein. Getting some astonishingly good sounds out of it, imo. I am pretty sure the LED lights on it burnt a hole clear through to my brain when I mistakenly looked straight down on them unfortunately. Anyway, great stuff... :tu:

TC Electronic Wiretap Riff Recorder £24.99
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... gImdvD_BwE
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Guitars”