IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:31 pm Yeh, I changed the thread title to make it clear that buying the full version of Syntronic 2 does not get you the new synths as it wasn't clear to me....you have to buy them through the built in shop or buy the MAX version. They also show up as 'empty' holders in ST4 even if you don't want them!
I‘m going to assume the empty holders thing is a but that will be fixed. At least I hope so.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:50 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:12 pm There have been some server-side updates, please try to re-auth/restore again.
:lol:
Feels like someone almost broke out the ancient haha guy meme. Would have been more relevant at least.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:48 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:12 pm There have been some server-side updates, please try to re-auth/restore again.
Feels like someone almost broke out the ancient haha guy meme. Would have been more relevant at least.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=573633

you have anything you can add there at all? :)

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 pm If they would have waited until early next year with the Syntronik 2 MAX release, I wouldn't have felt as fooled as I'm feeling now. But c'mon, releasing an update to their products less than two weeks after releasing their new bundle. Shame on me for falling for this, twice.
You get Syntronik 2 free if you have Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX. That would give you all of the new features/engine/etc and the upgraded sounds which is $/€199.99 on intro pricing for everyone else. Also note that Syntronik 2 is the latest and fully-supported version, which is why Syntronik 2 CS will host the current Syntronik instruments (as well as the updated SampleTank 4, both of which are also fully M1 native which is important to many Mac users).

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm

No, because I can't add anything to works of fiction. I'm happy someone apparently wrote some IK fanfic but nobody here above me in my org chart line (of which there are three - a Director, his boss, then the CEO) has any idea where that person/site came up with any of that.

What IK Marketing tells you----

''Syntronik 2 - The new version of the Syntronik collection adds 11 legendary synthesizers''

What IK Marketing doesn't tell you----

You have to buy them separately if you actually want to use them!

Be funny if it wasn't so sad, at least A4 had some new amps and gear!
Last edited by SLiC on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm

No, because I can't add anything to works of fiction. I'm happy someone apparently wrote some IK fanfic but nobody here above me in my org chart line (of which there are three - a Director, his boss, then the CEO) has any idea where that person/site came up with any of that.
well, tbh, that was a fairly good addition :tu:
was just looking to end the speculation that inevitably happens and i believe that should do it 8)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 pm If they would have waited until early next year with the Syntronik 2 MAX release, I wouldn't have felt as fooled as I'm feeling now. But c'mon, releasing an update to their products less than two weeks after releasing their new bundle. Shame on me for falling for this, twice.
You get Syntronik 2 free if you have Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX. That would give you all of the new features/engine/etc and the upgraded sounds which is $/€199.99 on intro pricing for everyone else. Also note that Syntronik 2 is the latest and fully-supported version, which is why Syntronik 2 CS will host the current Syntronik instruments (as well as the updated SampleTank 4, both of which are also fully M1 native which is important to many Mac users).
But why do you release an update to Syntronik 13 days after releasing the Total Studio 3.5 MAX? I have never seen any other developer do this. It's like if Arturia would release V Collection 9, and a week later release 2-3 more synths which are not included in v9, so you would have to wait until they release v10 to be able to upgrade to the full bundle (unless you buy the new synths individually). I hope you understand why people are reacting, the timing is extremely bad.

And WHY do you have the same amount in EUR as in USD, especially when you also charge sales tax for people within the EU, but not for the people who pays in USD?
Last edited by starflakeprj on Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:45 pm Syntronik 2 MAX would be $149.99 for you. That's not crossgrade that's upgrade from Syntronik including bundled versions in Total Studio etc and free choices from the Group Buy. If you don't see that pricing let me know, please, thank you.
I purchased Syntronik Deluxe with Gear Credit, it's what I used as a buy in for the group buy. So I don't see the upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX for $149.99. I am seeing 199.99 for Syntronik 2 and 299.99 for Syntronik 2 MAX.

Also thanks to the group buy, I'm very close to owning everything from Sample Tank, Amplitube and T-Racks, but it appears that Total Studio Max or any of the other "MAX"-versions are also normal price for me (meaning crossgrade for owning something priced >$100). Could this be a mistake also?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:46 pm
ShawnG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm I like a lot of IK's stuff. I own total studio 3.5, and my upgrade price to it after jampoints was reasonable for what I got for it at the time. and it's not like I was clamoring for more syntronik modules, but this sort of weaselly behavior is nearly constant with IK, even NI will wait a proper amount of time before throwing more products out there after a Komplete launch. Whatevs dudes. IK does crap like this, but they eventually offer it for nothing, so I'll wait, no problem... not like I need more stuff, but it's a rare company that can piss me off by releasing something I'm not really interested in, making it seem like I'm entitled to it and then not having it be available anyway. Great Job!
You would get Syntronik 2 free. Per the news on our site. It should be available in your IK Product Manager.
right, It is. but it's just a new shell and a slight upgrade for the ones I already had. no new modules. For me, it's like a patch, which is nice in a way, but the marketing intentionally makes it SEEM like there's more of substance, and there isn't when you really look at it. so, combine that with the really short amount of time since the last time I upgraded my license, I gotta call it how I see it. Weaselly. Obviously Peter, I have sympathy for your position, and you are obviously not the one who makes these calls, not gonna get into an argument with you about it, but you know, pass it on.

also FWIW, cause I'm not buying syntronik2 MAX for 149 dollars either, my upgrade price as a total studio MAX 3.5 owner is showing as $199

gondii wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:00 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:45 pm Syntronik 2 MAX would be $149.99 for you. That's not crossgrade that's upgrade from Syntronik including bundled versions in Total Studio etc and free choices from the Group Buy. If you don't see that pricing let me know, please, thank you.
I purchased Syntronik Deluxe with Gear Credit, it's what I used as a buy in for the group buy. So I don't see the upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX for $149.99. I am seeing 199.99 for Syntronik 2 and 299.99 for Syntronik 2 MAX.

Also thanks to the group buy, I'm very close to owning everything from Sample Tank, Amplitube and T-Racks, but it appears that Total Studio Max or any of the other "MAX"-versions are also normal price for me (meaning crossgrade for owning something priced >$100). Could this be a mistake also?
Same thing happened with the A4 launch, a lot of us had bought all the packs separately (loyal customers) but be didn't get any help cross grading to A4 MAX despite owning most of what was in it, it just doesn't work that way with IK...you relay on sales and bundles for value and sometime you can get caught out with some in-between illogical pricing (wait long enough however and it will be cheap/free/bundled)

A great example of how it could (should) work is Kilohearts where you 'upgrade to everything' price reduces as you buy more stuff as you go along so you can buy when you want and you don't loose out when the big 'give away' sale come...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm I really just don't understand the appeal of this product. Why didn't they just sample the raw waveforms then let you run those through the various synth engines a la Omnisphere? And let you mix and match! Example: run some Moog waveforms through an Oberheim filter and some Roland envelopes...

This one is totally lost on me. Even as a freebie in the last group buy I passed right over it.
You have Uhe diva for that, since 2012. Also Omnisphere has analog synths waveforms too. Then aswel serum, synthmaster ect.

I think Syntronik's idea is dated because sampled waveforms do not mimic selected synthesizer. And then there are Diva, The Legend, Monark, Obsession and many other modern synths that can mimic analog synths.

*Sigh* yet another headache inducing release by IK. My brain is spinning.... Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX but then CS but then version 2 then new instruments but not really. Things don't work when they should and on and on....

Other than my TRacks5 plugins which I use all the time I'm done with IK. I can't remember the last time I called up ST3 or Syntronik.

If anyone wants to buy them send me a PM as you might get some upgrade offer out of the deal but I can't imagine the headaches and hoops I'd have to jump through to transfer the licenses and the sound libraries. Almost not worth the effort.

It's just sad to see a company bumble their way through one release after another. IK makes some good products but whoever is in charge of product deployment really needs to go.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm
That‘s the thing Peter, this sounds like if you have the old Syntronik 1 you will be able to use the instruments in S2 with M1 compatibility. That is not the case though, they show up as „unauthorized“. They work with the new ST4 of course (so M1 compatibility in any case), but the whole thing makes it look like you will be able to use S1 instruments in S2 without buying them again. And that is not the case.

I‘m totally fine with that, I‘m happy you updated ST4, but it‘s this type of misleading marketing that makes people angry.

Return to “Instruments”