IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm SampleTank 4 has been updated and is M1 native
SampleTank 4.1.5 is now available. What's new:

• Added support for Syntronik 2 libraries
• Native support of Apple M1 processor
• AAX SDK update to 2.4.0
• General reliability improvements
Hmm. No mention of Native M1 in the Release Notes in the User Area:

What’s new in SampleTank 4.1.5

Support for Syntronik 2 libraries
General reliability improvements.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

ShawnG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:05 pm also FWIW, cause I'm not buying syntronik2 MAX for 149 dollars either, my upgrade price as a total studio MAX 3.5 owner is showing as $199
Thanks for letting me know. For those that upgraded to Total Studio 3.5 MAX at $99.99 or $249.99 that would make the total under $250 or under $400 for a huge amount of music production software so if anybody doesn't see the 149.99 upgrade definitely let me know.

flori89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:26 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 pm If they would have waited until early next year with the Syntronik 2 MAX release, I wouldn't have felt as fooled as I'm feeling now. But c'mon, releasing an update to their products less than two weeks after releasing their new bundle. Shame on me for falling for this, twice.
You get Syntronik 2 free if you have Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX. That would give you all of the new features/engine/etc and the upgraded sounds which is $/€199.99 on intro pricing for everyone else. Also note that Syntronik 2 is the latest and fully-supported version, which is why Syntronik 2 CS will host the current Syntronik instruments (as well as the updated SampleTank 4, both of which are also fully M1 native which is important to many Mac users).
That‘s the thing Peter, this sounds like if you have the old Syntronik 1 you will be able to use the instruments in S2 with M1 compatibility. That is not the case though, they show up as „unauthorized“. They work with the new ST4 of course (so M1 compatibility in any case), but the whole thing makes it look like you will be able to use S1 instruments in S2 without buying them again. And that is not the case.

I‘m totally fine with that, I‘m happy you updated ST4, but it‘s this type of misleading marketing that makes people angry.
It does host previously purchased synths. If the steps I posted previously don't help you please let the support team know and I'm sure they can get you up and running.

jamcat wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:11 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm SampleTank 4 has been updated and is M1 native

Both Syntronik 2 and SampleTank 4.1.5 are verified M1 native. I'll let the team know that the What's New I was provided does not state this but I and the testing team verified both are M1 native earlier today.

I'm offered Syntronik 2 Max for $149. Not a bad deal, especially because of M1 support. I'm not sure if I would want to upgrade, given that IKM has consistently given me the worst possible download and installation experiences.

Anyways, I've checked audio demos of the VS, DW-8000, Matrix-12 and Wave, and they sound highly unimpressive. The demos sound like they were recorded using the cheapest recording gear. It seems that Syntronik 2 was rushed out.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:36 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:11 pm

Both Syntronik 2 and SampleTank 4.1.5 are verified M1 native. I'll let the team know that the What's New I was provided does not state this but I and the testing team verified both are M1 native earlier today.
I'm not doubting they're M1 native. I just think it's odd that the release of native M1 support for SampleTank 4 is so quiet. No news about the SampleTank update on the IK homepage at all. No mention of native M1 support in the release notes in the User Area. I wouldn't have even known there was a SampleTank 4 update, much less native M1 support, if it wasn't for this random thread on KVR.

Where is the infamous IK marketing team?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 pm It seems that Syntronik 2 was rushed out.
It is an odd time to launch, just before BF when everything is super cheap and competition so fierce for plug in bargains….you can get a lot of great stuff right now for 150 bucks…and probably better to come by the weekend…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:34 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 pm If they would have waited until early next year with the Syntronik 2 MAX release, I wouldn't have felt as fooled as I'm feeling now. But c'mon, releasing an update to their products less than two weeks after releasing their new bundle. Shame on me for falling for this, twice.
You get Syntronik 2 free if you have Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX. That would give you all of the new features/engine/etc and the upgraded sounds which is $/€199.99 on intro pricing for everyone else. Also note that Syntronik 2 is the latest and fully-supported version, which is why Syntronik 2 CS will host the current Syntronik instruments (as well as the updated SampleTank 4, both of which are also fully M1 native which is important to many Mac users).
That‘s the thing Peter, this sounds like if you have the old Syntronik 1 you will be able to use the instruments in S2 with M1 compatibility. That is not the case though, they show up as „unauthorized“. They work with the new ST4 of course (so M1 compatibility in any case), but the whole thing makes it look like you will be able to use S1 instruments in S2 without buying them again. And that is not the case.

I‘m totally fine with that, I‘m happy you updated ST4, but it‘s this type of misleading marketing that makes people angry.
It does host previously purchased synths. If the steps I posted previously don't help you please let the support team know and I'm sure they can get you up and running.
Peter it seems very wrong (and kinda shady) to add the “basic” Syntronik 2 version to the newly released Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle so close to release of each other. Isn’t the point of owning the Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle to have ALL the current MAX versions of Software? Total Studio 3.5 MAX is not really a MAX bundle if it only includes “some” of the MAX software is it?

For example the Fame reverb is included in 3.5 MAX and is not yet released, why wouldn’t you guys announce Syntronik 2 MAX with Total Studio 3.5 MAX and include it?

I’ve used IK for years but this move seems really anti consumer….

Both Syntronik 2 CS and the latest Sampletank 4 CS see all my Syntronik Deluxe libraries as unauthorised.

jasco wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:20 pm Both Syntronik 2 CS and the latest Sampletank 4 CS see all my Syntronik Deluxe libraries as unauthorised.
Same for everyone I think, CS doesn’t seem to be working yet as a host.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jasco wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:20 pm Both Syntronik 2 CS and the latest Sampletank 4 CS see all my Syntronik Deluxe libraries as unauthorised.
Same for everyone I think, CS doesn’t seem to be working yet as a host, you can only play the included free instruments

Peter, will the original Syntronik sample content that's already on my hard drive work in Syntronik 2, or will I need to download updated versions of those files to work with the new engine? I couldn't be sure from reading the thread. Thanks.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm I really just don't understand the appeal of this product. Why didn't they just sample the raw waveforms then let you run those through the various synth engines a la Omnisphere? And let you mix and match! Example: run some Moog waveforms through an Oberheim filter and some Roland envelopes...

This one is totally lost on me. Even as a freebie in the last group buy I passed right over it.
It does let you choose different filter models, if memory serves. It’s been a while since I’ve used it.

The point of this isn’t about being an Omnisphere, it’s a ROMpler with very basic sound editing abilities. It’s more about getting a taste of a bunch of classics with a lot of very good and usable presets. I don’t use it that often, but sometimes when I want to throw something quick together, it’s great to be able to get a classic synth sound without having to think too much about it. It sounds very good to me and while I do love creating patches from scratch, sometimes I just want to have someone do the work for me. That’s what Syntronik is for.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 pm I'm offered Syntronik 2 Max for $149. Not a bad deal, especially because of M1 support. I'm not sure if I would want to upgrade, given that IKM has consistently given me the worst possible download and installation experiences.
Yeah, I went to install Syntronik on my new machine and I was told I had to buy a download voucher. All the files are on my old PC, but it’s a pain in the ass to drag it out and make the transfer. You’d think they’d give you more than one download… but here we are. I sort of feel like abandoning IK. I used to be such a fan, but since the Custom Shop, it seems like they are just so heavily hard selling all the time… like others have said, it’s a terrible customer experience.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:34 pm

I don’t know Peter, so far not a single person in this thread said this is working, everyone seems to have the problem that they show up as unauthorized. I did the steps you posted plus a reboot for good measure and it didn’t change anything.

It’s OK though, it works in the new ST4 version, that’s enough for me personally.

Return to “Instruments”