IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

So. I seem to got it all working, but I was hoping it would be possible to swap oscillators around with different synths. All I'm seeing are the oscillators the preset is already using or 'empty'. Is this a demo limitation or are there more options if I upgrade?

Can I for instance swap out the Galaxy for a Bully oscillator?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:13 pm
V Collection n is obviously circuit modelled synchs rather than sample based so its a different thing, but great value (especially now!) and is far more flexible and programable. UVI Vintage Vault is probably closer (65 instruments) or even Kontakt 6 stuff (also currently 50% off and you get a ridiculous amount of sample based instruments).
I recently got Komplete, and have barely scratched the surface. Retro machines MK II is an obvious starting point, but Analog Dreams, Super 8, FM8, and Modular Icons all look relevant. I'm thinking that I shouldn't even think about buying new stuff until I've explored what I've already got.

There have been some server-side fixes so authorization should be smooth but if you have issues please try the steps below, these should get all of your sounds unlocked for you.

1) Open Syntronik 2 or SampleTank 4
2) Open the Custom Shop
3) Click your User Name in the Custom Shop's upper right-hand corner
4) Select "Restore My Purchases"
5) All sounds should now unlock

If you have any issues beyond that, IK Support can assist.

Also, for those who chose Syntronik or Syntronik Deluxe in the group buy and do not see the Syntronik 2 MAX Upgrade pricing of 149.99 you can put the Syntronik MAX Upgrade Crossgrade or full in your cart and a coupon will be auto-applied there to bring it down to the proper 149.99 level. Apologies for the system issue that isn't allowing the upgrade to be selected directly for you.

I also made sure the M1 native line items were added where appropriate so it is clear. It should be shouted from the rooftops but I'll accept it on the Specs pages, in IK Product Manager, etc. :D

Did the unauthorize/re-authorize and now my synths show up, but what is the rationale behind not being able to edit older presets?

zhiguli8 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:35 pm Did the unauthorize/re-authorize and now my synths show up, but what is the rationale behind not being able to edit older presets?
Old presets used the previous versions of the synths (note that the existing synths were upgraded too) and the previous engine which is incompatible with the new advanced and [much-]improved editing section.

So this would mean that all the Syntronik 1 samples etc previously in the SampleTank 3 folder will now be in the SampleTank 4 folder instead?

For some reason my Syntronik Deluxe libraries don't show up in my Custom Shop profile - a couple of singles I got for free do though. This means 'Restore my gear' doesn't work for me. It only unlocks the extra freebies I have. I have put a ticket in.

lotus2035 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:08 pm So this would mean that all the Syntronik 1 samples etc previously in the SampleTank 3 folder will now be in the SampleTank 4 folder instead?
I'm just installing 2 max and I'm ending up with DUPLICATE samples from syntronik 1 ( inside the sampletank 3 folder ) and the new syntronik 2 folder ( so that's about 74gb of duplicates )

Obviously this is for compatibility - I'm guessing if you don't need syntronik 1 for old projects you can remove them from the old location

Would have been nice is the syntronik 2 installer was clever enough to use the existing syn 1 sample content location and just add the syn 2 specific samples in the syn 2 location - but it'd be a pile of extra coding

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:21 pm There have been some server-side fixes so authorization should be smooth but if you have issues please try the steps below, these should get all of your sounds unlocked for you.

1) Open Syntronik 2 or SampleTank 4
2) Open the Custom Shop
3) Click your User Name in the Custom Shop's upper right-hand corner
4) Select "Restore My Purchases"
5) All sounds should now unlock

If you have any issues beyond that, IK Support can assist.

Also, for those who chose Syntronik or Syntronik Deluxe in the group buy and do not see the Syntronik 2 MAX Upgrade pricing of 149.99 you can put the Syntronik MAX Upgrade Crossgrade or full in your cart and a coupon will be auto-applied there to bring it down to the proper 149.99 level. Apologies for the system issue that isn't allowing the upgrade to be selected directly for you.

I also made sure the M1 native line items were added where appropriate so it is clear. It should be shouted from the rooftops but I'll accept it on the Specs pages, in IK Product Manager, etc. :D
Oh yea indeed that works, so 149€ for the update, even with the group buy freebie. I mean come one, that's pretty fair, for comparison:
- UVI vintage vault regular / bf upgrade: 299 / 199
- Arturia V Collection regular / bf upgrade: 199 / 99

So nice in the middle. Now if that's worth it for you, but considering I got S1 as a freebie, I'm really tempted now.

flori89 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:43 pm Oh yea indeed that works, so 149€ for the update, even with the group buy freebie. I mean come one, that's pretty fair, for comparison:

So nice in the middle. Now if that's worth it for you, but considering I got S1 as a freebie, I'm really tempted now.
Not sure I'd put a rompler into the middle of either of these products. Apples and Oranges really...

seagate2019 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm
flori89 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:43 pm Oh yea indeed that works, so 149€ for the update, even with the group buy freebie. I mean come one, that's pretty fair, for comparison:

Not sure I'd put a rompler into the middle of either of these products. Apples and Oranges really...
I‘m not quite sure what you mean. Vintage Vault and Syntronik are pretty much the same, down to the file size.

And the V Collection is emulated, but with highly variable results as some people say. I only own analogue lab and the presets are really hit or miss and the CPU usage is through the roof, while Syntronik is quite OK.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 am Not trying to join the chorus here, but damn if IK's Product Manager isn't slow. Ten minutes for a gigabyte out of 83.7GB for Sample Tank. I've got a pretty dammed fast connection, for most servers I've downloaded from ten minutes or less for the entire 83.7GB file. Good thing they aren't spending all that money they make charging customers for "expired" downloads on hookers and blow instead of upgrading their servers... :hihi:
Yes, but it costs so much money to run those servers apparently! So much that they have to CHARGE you if you want to redownload something after six months (or however long it is). Somehow Image Line allows free downloads of thousands of GB worth of FL Studios every single day. Who pays for that? Those servers must be SO expensive... (sarcasm). (Clue: go and look at hosting services and see how much it costs for x amount of bandwidth per month. It is a drop in the ocean compared to the money IK is making from sales.)

Why would anybody buy Syntronik or Syntronik 2? Weren't Best Service Titan and Titan 2 bad enough? Why would you want to fill up your hard drive with tens of GB of samples when you can just buy a decent synth VST and use presets that load instantly, and then buy more soundbanks as you like, and easily tweak the existing presets? You can't do that with Syntronik or Syntronik 2.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:40 pm
zhiguli8 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:35 pm Did the unauthorize/re-authorize and now my synths show up, but what is the rationale behind not being able to edit older presets?
Old presets used the previous versions of the synths (note that the existing synths were upgraded too) and the previous engine which is incompatible with the new advanced and [much-]improved editing section.
You couldn't make it up, could you...

For example, the 'Galaxy' soundset (or whatever you call it) for Syntronik 2, based on the Andromeda (which is supposed to be 'amazing', but isn't - Zebra 2 and any number of other VSTis are just as good if not better):
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nts-galaxy

49.99 Euros.

Over 5 GB of content
Over 10,000 samples
79 instruments

See the last bit? SEVENTY NINE presets. WTF? Why would anybody buy this? You can buy Spire for only £87.95 from Plugin Boutique right now:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 3187-Spire

Spire has 800 presets, and hundreds of affordable soundbanks available, and loads of free soundbanks available.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 am Absolutely no doubt in my mind that IK's bizarre discount system and confusing and not that great upgrade path hurts them more than it helps them.

That said, for me at least there are icing moments. The Sample Tank native M1 support is a better announcement than the extras in Syntronik I have a garbage $199 upgrade for. I bought everything they make in the last 25 for the price of one sale, so I didn't expect any great discount because their tier system is geared against discounted products, but the fact that I can run all of the SampleTank libraries in SampleTank making them M1 native is a huge plus. Didn't expect that so quickly after the sale, so kudos where it's due. :party:
+1. Now, TrackS and Amplitube M1 support for Christmas!!!! :hyper:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Instruments”