IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Bombadil wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:11 pm +1. Now, TrackS and Amplitube M1 support for Christmas!!!! :hyper:
That will be another $199 each, thanks for coming!

I got the full Sampletank as a freebie. M1 native support now makes sampletank a lot more useable for me. The efficiency is significantly improved.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I’m not too bothered about syntronik, I don’t really use it much myself but I can’t understand why anybody could be angry about it. There are plenty of modelled alternatives there’s literally no point complaining. Just buy what you like and ignore what you don’t. There are far more plugins I don’t want than ones that I do want, and I can’t be bothered to tell you which ones I don’t like. :-) although to be fair it is quite cathartic to have a good rant every now and then. 😂

Sampletank as an AS native universal binary is great though and a surprising bonus. It’s far more responsive and the samples load really quickly now too. I’ve got enough stuff I like in ST4 to make it more than worth while.

I don’t really use Syntronik but have all the samples (and many more less used stuff) on an SD card for when I do feel like using it which is now no problem as my Mac laptop has an SD card slot again. I don’t care that people think it’s stupid that apple took it away. I have it again and I’m happy now.

I’m going to just take the positives out of this. I’m loving my MBP 14 with Logic Pro and every plugin that goes native just makes it better.

Hopefully T-Racks will be next from IK.

LFO8 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:25 pm Lol… Jesus wept..
and god the almighty laughed
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

seagate2019 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:13 pm
Bombadil wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:11 pm +1. Now, TrackS and Amplitube M1 support for Christmas!!!! :hyper:
That will be another $199 each, thanks for coming!
Huh? SampleTank 4 update is free. As is its CS version. As is Syntronik 2 CS. Both free versions run the previous Syntronik instruments... Maybe you're also in the USA and ended up celebrating a little early with the holiday cheer? Please post responsibly.

BenfordLaw wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:40 pm
zhiguli8 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:35 pm Did the unauthorize/re-authorize and now my synths show up, but what is the rationale behind not being able to edit older presets?
Old presets used the previous versions of the synths (note that the existing synths were upgraded too) and the previous engine which is incompatible with the new advanced and [much-]improved editing section.
You couldn't make it up, could you...
Don't need to make up facts. The existing Syntronik synths were also all upgraded and only run in the new engine. I didn't think it was that hard to follow but I'll make sure I post more clearly and let the team know that it may not be clear on the site if you looked over the information there (maybe even tried the product?) before telling everybody they don't need/want it.

Is there host automation or midi learn in the new version?

Meester Smeeeth wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:22 pm I’m not too bothered about syntronik, I don’t really use it much myself but I can’t understand why anybody could be angry about it. There are plenty of modelled alternatives there’s literally no point complaining. Just buy what you like and ignore what you don’t. There are far more plugins I don’t want than ones that I do want, and I can’t be bothered to tell you which ones I don’t like. :-) although to be fair it is quite cathartic to have a good rant every now and then. 😂

Sampletank as an AS native universal binary is great though and a surprising bonus. It’s far more responsive and the samples load really quickly now too. I’ve got enough stuff I like in ST4 to make it more than worth while.

I don’t really use Syntronik but have all the samples (and many more less used stuff) on an SD card for when I do feel like using it which is now no problem as my Mac laptop has an SD card slot again. I don’t care that people think it’s stupid that apple took it away. I have it again and I’m happy now.

I’m going to just take the positives out of this. I’m loving my MBP 14 with Logic Pro and every plugin that goes native just makes it better.

Hopefully T-Racks will be next from IK.
No idea, but thread bumps are thread bumps and people can make their own decisions regardless of whether someone with a beef with a company likes to roll through threads with opinions about products they never intend to even try and certainly don't intend to buy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad you like the SampleTank update that is M1 native. We did also update T-RackS but that is not an M1 native version at this time. We have had the update we released today ready for a while but we needed to get all of the proper approvals and testing done for the new T-RackS FAME Studio Reverb before we opened this update. I have relayed to the team that T-RackS and AmpliTube are the most sought-after for M1 native support, though I'm pretty sure they know that is the case. Doesn't hurt to reinforce it.

Double Tap wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:30 pm Is there host automation or midi learn in the new version?
Both MIDI learn and host automation are available in Syntronik 2. Sorry probably should have shouted that from the rooftops here.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:34 pm
Double Tap wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:30 pm Is there host automation or midi learn in the new version?
Both MIDI learn and host automation are available in Syntronik 2. Sorry probably should have shouted that from the rooftops here.
Thanks Peter, should have been in v1 already, but nevertheless will be testing 2cs now. This was The feature missing. But as 2cs is free it's a free update more or less, which is a good way to make me happy.

So syntronik 2 max is only available as standalone buy, eg not included in total studio max 3.5?
Imho a not so cool marketing decision, since I'd have upgraded now from total studio 2 max.
Missed money on ik's side.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm Huh? SampleTank 4 update is free. As is its CS version.
I suppose we will have to wait until we see those updates, I hope I'll be proven wrong, but I won't hold my breath.

As is Syntronik 2 CS. Both free versions run the previous Syntronik instruments...
Not if you got them in the Group Buy, at least it didn't yesterday when I installed it. But its a mute point as I've uninstalled all the Syntronik software now.
Maybe you're also in the USA and ended up celebrating a little early with the holiday cheer? Please post responsibly.
We don't do Turkey day in Australia, nor do I drink!
I am however bitterly disappointed in wasting a lot of my group buy on stuff that is now outdated so soon after the group buy concluded. I'm not even going to mention the out of tune CP70 library that no one at IK seem to care about.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:34 pm
Thanks - good to hear. I was struggling to figure out how at first but in Live you need to right click a parameter to bring it up.

EDIT: although do I get a prize for breaking it already? If you configure automation for a parameter in one instrument, then change to a different instrument and add a new parameter, it goes a bit funny - just had one crash, and one weird thing where Syntronik 2 thought it had assigned parameters, but they don't show up in the Live device window.

seagate2019 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:51 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm Huh? SampleTank 4 update is free. As is its CS version.
I suppose we will have to wait until we see those updates, I hope I'll be proven wrong, but I won't hold my breath.

As is Syntronik 2 CS. Both free versions run the previous Syntronik instruments...
Not if you got them in the Group Buy, at least it didn't yesterday when I installed it. But its a mute point as I've uninstalled all the Syntronik software now.
Maybe you're also in the USA and ended up celebrating a little early with the holiday cheer? Please post responsibly.
We don't do Turkey day in Australia, nor do I drink!
I am however bitterly disappointed in wasting a lot of my group buy on stuff that is now outdated so soon after the group buy concluded. I'm not even going to mention the out of tune CP70 library that no one at IK seem to care about.
Syntronik 2 loads up Syntronik 1 presets as does Sampletank 4. It took them less then 24 hours to respond to the issue. Peter provided the simple steps for those that had issues a few posts back.

Scotty wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 am
Syntronik 2 loads up Syntronik 1 presets as does Sampletank 4. It took them less then 24 hours to respond to the issue. Peter provided the simple steps for those that had issues a few posts back.
And earlier rather cryptic posts implied that v1 instruments wouldn't work if they where obtained in the group buy. Anyway, I've moved on...

Syntronik 2 crashes Live and Cubase , on Monterey. It loads but when you close the plugin screen it crashes. Didnt happen with version 1. Anybody else seeing this? Ive tried AU, VST2 and VST3.

Return to “Instruments”