Behringer daw

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
ShawnG
KVRian
987 posts since 27 Apr, 2005

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:27 pm

If they could make a good clone of Logic Pro X so I could run it on windows, I'd not hate it...

vertibration
KVRian
586 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 am

This thread too funny man.....

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88198 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 am

VitaminD wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm
Maybe they can buy a defunct DAW and modernize it? Something like Cakewalk Project5 or Synapse Audio Orion
did they have a connection with energyxt at some point or did i dream that?

i hope it wasn't a dream because that would be boring!

User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
4769 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 am
VitaminD wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm
Maybe they can buy a defunct DAW and modernize it? Something like Cakewalk Project5 or Synapse Audio Orion
did they have a connection with energyxt at some point or did i dream that?

i hope it wasn't a dream because that would be boring!
You didn't dream that :lol:
At some point in time , energy xt 2 was bundled with behringer audio interfaces , around 2008-2010
I have no idea if they actually acquired the i.p.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

User avatar
EdgarRothermich
KVRist
209 posts since 19 Jan, 2009 from West Hollywood

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:34 pm

I'm very skeptical about the Behringer DAW. Modern DAWs have over 1 million lines of code. I doubt they can pull that off in that short time unless they really cut corners.

The only advantage is that it will be new code. The same way that Studio Once could implement features much faster. Pro Tools and Logic Pro have so much legacy code where developers have not idea how it works because parts were written by team members that are not longer on the team. That makes it much more vulnerable for any unforeseeable bugs or weirdness.

BTW, do we really need another DAW. What is there that other DAWs don't deliver? How well is Luna doing?
Edgar Rothermich
(iMac5K, 32GB)
YouTube Videos https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Books for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, GarageBand and FCPx http://DingDingMusic.com/
My Instagram for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools https://www.instagram.com/edgarrothermich/

fedexnman
KVRAF
2907 posts since 4 Jan, 2005

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:48 pm

itanever wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:42 pm
cryophonik wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm
I think the better question is what will Behringer call their DAW that they copy? They seem to be pretty bold in naming their hardware synths after the original synths they've copied, so maybe...

LiveAble
ProLogic
OneStudio
PTPro
Reapair
If it ain't Butwig, I ain't gettin' it. Nuh-uh.
BishWig

DubLifeSD
KVRian
512 posts since 29 Jul, 2009 from San Diego, CA

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Studio Juan?
Pro Stool?
AbeLincoln Live?

Ok, that's enough eggnog....

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
2158 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:29 pm

vurt wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am
around the corner with behringer can mean "several years from now if ever".
Well, product release cycles can be very quick when you jack everyone else's designs and slap your name on it! :party:

bungle
KVRAF
1781 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 pm

jens wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 pm
bungle wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:35 am
It doesn't exist, don't fall for Behringers "Lets announce now, so they don't buy competitors products" BS.
I have nothing against Behringer over all, a lot of musicians could not afford to make music or play live without them, and I do have some of their gear myself, but one rule of thumb with Behringer, if it isn't available now, it DOES NOT EXIST.
Just for the record: none of what you say here makes any logical sense.
Yeah?
Must have been taking lessons from your posts.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

bungle
KVRAF
1781 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm

VitaminD wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm
Maybe they can buy a defunct DAW and modernize it? Something like Cakewalk Project5 or Synapse Audio Orion
They should have bought Nanostudio 2.
The developer gave up on it about two weeks after releasing it, it is very very good too, sadly.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

jens
KVRAF
21412 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 am

bungle wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 pm
Yeah?
Must have been taking lessons from your posts.
Most certainly not. It'd have been smart, insightful, concise and eloquent instead then (i.e. everything your post wasn't). :razz: :hihi:

v1o
KVRAF
3106 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:35 am

It didn't take Universal Audio many many years to bring Luna to market. There are Youtubers that have switched over from Pro Tools to using UA Luna as their daily driver. Software development and the associated tools are on another level these days compared to when Pro Tools, Sonar and Logic were many years ago.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Danilo Villanova
KVRian
622 posts since 30 Apr, 2018

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:45 am

DubLifeSD wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 pm
Studio Juan?
Pro Stool?
AbeLincoln Live?

Ok, that's enough eggnog....
Studio Juan is the only acceptable option in my opinion 😂

User avatar
Double Tap
KVRist
390 posts since 9 Jun, 2020

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 am

cryophonik wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm
I think the better question is what will Behringer call their DAW that they copy? They seem to be pretty bold in naming their hardware synths after the original synths they've copied, so maybe...

LiveAble
ProLogic
OneStudio
PTPro
Reapair
Maybe a Cakewalk rip-off?
They could call it Bake-off.

Benutzername
KVRist
488 posts since 23 Jan, 2008 from Hamburg, Germany

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:07 am

Double Tap wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 am
cryophonik wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm
I think the better question is what will Behringer call their DAW that they copy? They seem to be pretty bold in naming their hardware synths after the original synths they've copied, so maybe...

LiveAble
ProLogic
OneStudio
PTPro
Reapair
Maybe a Cakewalk rip-off?
They could call it Bake-off.
I'd prefer Bunrun or Breadsaunter.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”