Behringer daw

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Benutzername wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:07 pm
Double Tap wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 pm
cryophonik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:53 pm I think the better question is what will Behringer call their DAW that they copy? They seem to be pretty bold in naming their hardware synths after the original synths they've copied, so maybe...

LiveAble
ProLogic
OneStudio
PTPro
Reapair
Maybe a Cakewalk rip-off?
They could call it Bake-off.
I'd prefer Bunrun or Breadsaunter.
ReasonAble Logic CakeTools Pro
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

It's a good thing that so far no DAW ever ripped off any other DAW - could you imagine e.g. Btiwig stealing from (say) Ableton Live? :o
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:31 pm It's a good thing that so far no DAW ever ripped off any other DAW - could you imagine e.g. Btiwig stealing from (say) Ableton Live? :o
LOL. Very true. You have to start somewhere, why not steal from the best. If they can execute the "inspired" features well who cares where they got the idea from.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

matrixo9 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:06 pm
cryophonik wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm
matrixo9 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm I really hope it's soon because I'm almost pulling the trigger on other days but seems silly when behringers is around the corner and is probably going to o copy logic or Ableton .
Do you currently own a DAW?
other daws i mean i have reason lite
If all your experience is based on Reason Lite, it would be silly to pull any trigger… It seems you don’t like it and want something better? There are free fully blown DAWs like Cakewalk or Waveform you can get for less than a smile. Waveform/Tracktion just an older version. Or try other lite DAWs you often get for free with magazines like Bitwig 8-track or Live Lite…
To be able to judge how good a DAW is you need some experience…
If Behringer ever releases a DAW, its might even be free but simply a copy of Mixbus which is based on Ardour which is open source and you can get that now for free or for 1$.
If I look at their portfolio, that is the only thing that makes sense and its not that interesting. They simply bundle it with their mixers…
In case you do like Reason Lite, there is a brand new open source DAW which seems to be a bit like Reason. Try it:
https://stargateaudio.github.io/

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:43 am
matrixo9 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm I really hope it's soon because I'm almost pulling the trigger on other days but seems silly when behringers is around the corner and is probably going to o copy logic or Ableton .
If all your experience is based on Reason Lite, it would be silly to pull any trigger… It seems you don’t like it and want something better? There are free fully blown DAWs like Cakewalk or Waveform you can get for less than a smile. Waveform/Tracktion just an older version. Or try other lite DAWs you often get for free with magazines like Bitwig 8-track or Live Lite…
If Behringer ever releases a DAW, its might even be free but simply a copy of Mixbus which is based on Ardour which is open source and you can get that now for free or for 1$.
If I look at their portfolio, that is the only thing that makes sense and its not that interesting. They simply bundle it with their mixers…
In case you do like Reason Lite, there is a brand new open source DAW which seems to be a bit like Reason. Try it:
I got reason 10 full now so I'm good but this looks sweet I'm gonn defo look at it

If it were just going to be based on something like Ardour, the Behringer DAW would already be out. No doubt they’ve discovered that software development isn’t as easy as it sounds. Especially something as complicated and encompassing as a DAW.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:43 am
got reason 10 and cubase ai so I'm all cool now
no longer waiting lol
tbh mate that stargate daw looks terrible
I can see it has a rack but its not like reason

I think it would be a good move for them to make a good, free, basic audio/midi recorder DAW, and then gradually add things with free updates. IMO that would be better than trying to come out of the gate with the king of the hill.
It would keep the company on people's radar, and generate a lot of good will towards it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”