Abyss released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
capracan
KVRist
113 posts since 21 Feb, 2010

Post Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:34 am

PetVor wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:32 am
Ja, klar, das kann ich gerne noch optimieren. Was genau meinst Du mit "Schrift neben den Modulator Settings"? Meinst Du "RATE", "SMOOTH" und "LEVEL"?
Genau diese. Ja dann wird mich das echt freuen, wenn das besser lesbar ist. :tu:

Darkstring
KVRer
18 posts since 19 Oct, 2020

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:31 pm

Great synth. Love all the potential it has.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9447 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:44 pm

I'm having an issue with Abyss where some patches I just can't to respond to mpe pitch slide. Some patches do and some don't. When I hit init, it works again, but I can't tell what is preventing some patches from responding to mpe pitch bends. Anybody?
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

PetVor
KVRist
37 posts since 11 Aug, 2015

Post Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:31 pm

When you (right-)click the symbol of the "Glide" modulator you can select the mpe pitch bend range. When set to zero the pitch does not react to mpe pitch bend. When you set it to 48 the glide range is 48 quarter-semitones per octave, so the mpe glide exactly fits the notes on your keyboard. A glide range of 0 especially makes sense if you want to use this modulation input to modulate something else w/o impacting the pitch. The glide range is saved as part of the patch, and it is set to 48 in the init patch, hence it "worked again" when you hit init!

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9447 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:58 am

PetVor wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:31 pm
When you (right-)click the symbol of the "Glide" modulator you can select the mpe pitch bend range. When set to zero the pitch does not react to mpe pitch bend. When you set it to 48 the glide range is 48 quarter-semitones per octave, so the mpe glide exactly fits the notes on your keyboard. A glide range of 0 especially makes sense if you want to use this modulation input to modulate something else w/o impacting the pitch. The glide range is saved as part of the patch, and it is set to 48 in the init patch, hence it "worked again" when you hit init!
Got it thanks!
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Return to “Instruments”