Abyss released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abyss

PetVor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:32 am Ja, klar, das kann ich gerne noch optimieren. Was genau meinst Du mit "Schrift neben den Modulator Settings"? Meinst Du "RATE", "SMOOTH" und "LEVEL"?
Genau diese. Ja dann wird mich das echt freuen, wenn das besser lesbar ist. :tu:

Great synth. Love all the potential it has.

I'm having an issue with Abyss where some patches I just can't to respond to mpe pitch slide. Some patches do and some don't. When I hit init, it works again, but I can't tell what is preventing some patches from responding to mpe pitch bends. Anybody?

When you (right-)click the symbol of the "Glide" modulator you can select the mpe pitch bend range. When set to zero the pitch does not react to mpe pitch bend. When you set it to 48 the glide range is 48 quarter-semitones per octave, so the mpe glide exactly fits the notes on your keyboard. A glide range of 0 especially makes sense if you want to use this modulation input to modulate something else w/o impacting the pitch. The glide range is saved as part of the patch, and it is set to 48 in the init patch, hence it "worked again" when you hit init!

PetVor wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 am When you (right-)click the symbol of the "Glide" modulator you can select the mpe pitch bend range. When set to zero the pitch does not react to mpe pitch bend. When you set it to 48 the glide range is 48 quarter-semitones per octave, so the mpe glide exactly fits the notes on your keyboard. A glide range of 0 especially makes sense if you want to use this modulation input to modulate something else w/o impacting the pitch. The glide range is saved as part of the patch, and it is set to 48 in the init patch, hence it "worked again" when you hit init!
Got it thanks!

Kicking myself for not getting this in the Christmas sales. Just trying the 90 day demo and hoping for another sale.

ZincT wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:33 pm Kicking myself for not getting this in the Christmas sales. Just trying the 90 day demo and hoping for another sale.
you are in luck... is that the expression, Tracktion has several sales per year, don't know the next one.

and 90 day demo; full functional, everything you make with it, you can save. and when a sale arrives..

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:10 pm
ZincT wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:33 pm Kicking myself for not getting this in the Christmas sales. Just trying the 90 day demo and hoping for another sale.
you are in luck... is that the expression, Tracktion has several sales per year, don't know the next one.

and 90 day demo; full functional, everything you make with it, you can save. and when a sale arrives..
Yes, that's what I am hoping. :tu:

I expect that's why they do a demo like that and good on them for doing it. I wish others would do likewise.

while get used to the expansion of my Blocks ecosystem; i have now 2 Seabord Blocks and 2 Lightpad M blocks, chained together with DNA... Seabord blocks of course next to eachother; 4 octaves. strangely i must get used to it, i used the Lightpad M blocks for higher octaves, which is a different playing style, and sometimes i only use the Lightpad M Blocks, and i will.

so making patches, from scratch of course, i thought i take Abyss to experiment.

it is a patch with 3 sounds, and FM. all modulation is MPE. i wanted a more complex patch, but i liked this one, to play it.
after i recorded this in the DAW (of choice...), i tweaked the preset a bit. why not? after-the-fact.

so one instance of Abyss (and only Xenoverb as a send for an annoying bode drone like sound...), i like patches that can create many different sounds.

this patch or other patches can be extended, but why not also take the easy road......

well...

the power of Abyss, Sound Brut;

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/bxzz
Last edited by WasteLand on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 pmso one instance of Abyss (and only Xenoverb as a send for an annoying bode drone like sound...), i like patches that can create many different sound.

this patch or other patches can be extended, but why not also take the easy road......

well...

the power of Abyss, Sound Brut;

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/bxzz
That is a nice patch indeed :tu:

Still hoping we get mono/legato some time for bass and leads.

UncleAge wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:50 pm That is a nice patch indeed :tu:
thanks!! :wheee:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm Still hoping we get mono/legato some time for bass and leads.
would be great, perhaps set the number of voices + legato.

and MTS-ESP....

Option to add our own samples + looping in a future update?

SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:15 pm Option to add our own samples + looping in a future update?
looping? it aren't samples. but that does not mean looping can be a thing. but in a way it already loops, when you hold a key, it 'loops', like a single cycle 'wave', or as an 'oscillator'.

but still; looping? how do you see it within Abyss, and i think in this thread there is some mention about.... but the developer himself can answer what Abyss is, and will not be...

Abyss is now at 1.2.5.
What is new? Just fixes?

Return to “Instruments”