RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:39 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:50 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:38 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm
zeph wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 am
bobsled wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:53 am Has anyone else had problems getting the Friction package to install? It downloads fine here just like all the other packages but hangs at the last bit.
I am getting the exact same problem!!!!!!

Please can Inertia Sound Systems fix and advise!!!!
bobsled contacted us on support, so what we suggested is this:

Friction is the biggest one of them all (335MB~), so make sure you have enough space to download and uncompress it. I tested it over here and it downloads/installs properly.

Please try having clean space available and try shutting the DAW down and re-downloading it.

We're trying to make sure that it’s not an issue on the software.
the download went very slow, and ended with "inst", so not installed, enough space (72gb), i shall try it again. but not today.. other things..

mainly i made my own presets.. if you load a sample via the icon, not drag & drop, didn't do drag & drop, my own sample, on a different harddrive.
i was surprised my presets weren't saved. i copied the sample to the data directory in the user folder (i guess you can make also your own folders, to structure it..), then it could be saved.

i lost 2 presets that way (i could have transferred the wav file while still in the DAW, user error, but still)... but i guess i managed to revive them, made more presets...

must map it, didn't notice until now, no modulation.. so automap, or nektar panaroma p1 or MCU (or and/and/and). so i can automate. no prob i like automation.

every plugin, has their own way of working with presets, in the end i can work with all.. why mention it? perhaps it can help..
We might need to reach out to you about this, thanks for bringing it up!
still problems with loading samples into Granulizer 2, they won't save, i must manually copy & paste the sample in the sample folder for users.

a bit of a workflow killer.

also, i prefer; user defined location for presets. i don't mind, that the preset folder also contains the samples. i organize them quite well, but still... to consolidate them, is in my view a good thing.

but 'consolidating' does not work... without that workaround..
Hello,
sorry to hear that...
What is your OS?
This may be an issue of wrong folder permissions. Do you have write access to the presets folders?

Automatically copying the audio file in the same folder as the preset xml file, is minimizing the possibility of loosing the source audio used for that specific preset and make the plugin Presets as portable as possible.

Regardless, we are working on giving the user the freedom to choose whether the audio file used will be copied to the presets folder when a preset is created or not.
Best

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Hello,
sorry to hear that...
What is your OS?
This may be an issue of wrong folder permissions. Do you have write access to the presets folders?

Automatically copying the audio file in the same folder as the preset xml file, is minimizing the possibility of loosing the source audio used for that specific preset and make the plugin Presets as portable as possible.

Regardless, we are working on giving the user the freedom to choose whether the audio file used will be copied to the presets folder when a preset is created or not.
Best
hello!

windows 10 21H1 (and the version before that..)

i have write access to the presets folders, or i couldn't drop the .wav file in data folder, without a pop up window. then i can write the preset, the .wav is present, the .xml file is written.

the consolidating part, as i call it, is my preference, also for portability; 2 systems.. and yes, even if have a strict policy (...); a dedicated sample directory, etc. they don't move, something can go wrong, i can do something wrong..

delta-v audio spacecraft does it in the same way, no problems.

i shall check it with another DAW.

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 am

Hello,
sorry to hear that...
What is your OS?

Best
hello!

i have write access to the presets folders, or i couldn't drop the .wav file in data folder, without a pop up window. then i can write the preset, the .wav is present, the .xml file is written.

the consolidating part, as i call it, is my preference, also for portability; 2 systems.. and yes, even if have a strict policy (...); a dedicated sample directory, etc. they don't move, something can go wrong, i can do something wrong..

Hello!
The logic around that does not require you to drop the audio file in the data folder beforehand.
Assuming you have GRANULIZER2 loaded in your DAW, you drop the audio file on the wave area of the plugin, then you tweak its parameters and decide you want to save a new preset. Doing that through the plugin will automatically copy the audio file to the data folder at the location its supposed to be, and no further action is required.
Is this something that you have already tried and did not work?

Regarding the custom samples location. This is something that we are strongly considering to enable in a future release. This will be a specific non default setting, in order to cover users who have a similar sample and preset base structure to the one you mention.

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:09 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 am

Hello,
sorry to hear that...
What is your OS?

Best
hello!

Hello!
The logic around that does not require you to drop the audio file in the data folder beforehand.
Assuming you have GRANULIZER2 loaded in your DAW, you drop the audio file on the wave area of the plugin, then you tweak its parameters and decide you want to save a new preset. Doing that through the plugin will automatically copy the audio file to the data folder at the location its supposed to be, and no further action is required.

Regarding the custom samples location. This is something that we are strongly considering to enable in a future release. This will be a specific non default setting, in order to cover users who have a similar sample and preset base structure to the one you mention.

Let us know about that! We would really love to solve this issue for you!

Best!

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:09 am Hello!

hello, again, yes i already thought that, but it didn't work.

but now i stumped, it works, in 3 DAW's, i have more, but this is enough to check it; Cubase pro 11, bitwig studio 3.3.10, Reaper 6.2x, mostly Reaper would act up in these cases.

it works as described, i thought it was an aggresive setting of my virusscanner, no.... (which i turn mostly of when working with DAW's).
it really in my memory, it refused to write even the .xml...
i already mentioned this when i bought it, and after a time, i thought, well this is a worflow killer, and i mentioned it again.

or i am confused, that on my other system, this is a problem.

custom sample locations; yes is an idea. but mainly custom preset/sample location.
it is now located in documents. i have a preset folder on another drive, for all plugins, that allow it, nicely ordered, and not on the boot drive..

perhaps i wasn't clear; the folder plugin presets, fully, that it can be located on any drive you want. the consolidation is in effect, in that case. and no space waste on the boot drive (and when you must reinstall windows or other OS; only set the directory, and all is back...).

so, strangely, no problems, i know my stuff, but i can make mistakes or didn't see it, but used the same way, as before.. so... only thing, i remember i didn't do... INIT, me thinks...

no. or did 21H1 fixed it? o don't anymore, it was a real problem, i can't get that i made an error, because it is straightforward. or my memory is failing, what isn't strange...

o well thanks for the response! it works.... :dog: :dog: :dog: :scared: :scared: :scared:

EDIT: and a great granular, gives so different results, than my other granulars, and i have a lot now...
but still stumped, why it works now, last week, it refused. maybe me, certianly me? but it is fool-proof... so.. well.. exuent me...

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:44 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:09 am Hello!

hello, again, yes i already thought that, but it didn't work.

but now i stumped, it works, in 3 DAW's, i have more, but this is enough to check it; Cubase pro 11, bitwig studio 3.3.10, Reaper 6.2x, mostly Reaper would act up in these cases.

it works as described, i thought it was an aggresive setting of my virusscanner, no.... (which i turn mostly of when working with DAW's).
it really in my memory, it refused to write even the .xml...
i already mentioned this when i bought it, and after a time, i thought, well this is a worflow killer, and i mentioned it again.

or i am confused, that on my other system, this is a problem.

custom sample locations; yes is an idea. but mainly custom preset/sample location.
it is now located in documents. i have a preset folder on another drive, for all plugins, that allow it, nicely ordered, and not on the boot drive..

perhaps i wasn't clear; the folder plugin presets, fully, that it can be located on any drive you want. the consolidation is in effect, in that case. and no space waste on the boot drive (and when you must reinstall windows or other OS; only set the directory, and all is back...).

so, strangely, no problems, i know my stuff, but i can make mistakes or didn't see it, but used the same way, as before.. so... only thing, i remember i didn't do... INIT, me thinks...

no. or did 21H1 fixed it? o don't anymore, it was a real problem, i can't get that i made an error, because it is straightforward. or my memory is failing, what isn't strange...

o well thanks for the response! it works.... :dog: :dog: :dog: :scared: :scared: :scared:

EDIT: and a great granular, gives so different results, than my other granulars, and i have a lot now...
but still stumped, why it works now, last week, it refused. maybe me, certianly me? but it is fool-proof... so.. well.. exuent me...
Great it worked for you!
Cheers!

PIB Collab@2x.jpg
Hello All

We're making GRANULIZER 2 & INSTINCT available through our friends at Plugin Boutique! Exclusive discount! 🚨
Available until July 25th, 2021.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

We're celebrating Thanks Giving with our friends abroad! So, we're doing a 60% discount on GRANULIZER 2 & INSTINCT!

Black Friday 2021@2x.jpg

Available from 26th of November until the 6th of December!

https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/blo ... iday-2021/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For those buying at pluginboutique - do you get a licence to register with the original developer? Or is all handled at the PB end like some other plugins?

chrisstiles wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 am For those buying at pluginboutique - do you get a licence to register with the original developer? Or is all handled at the PB end like some other plugins?
When you buy our plugins through PluginBoutique, you get a voucher that you can redeem on our end:

https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/acc ... le/redeem/ (you need to create an account on our website, if you don't have one.).

And you authorize them as usual through our us.

and greatly recommended, even within an arsenal of granular synths/effects, it has a special place and character.

chrisstiles wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 am For those buying at pluginboutique - do you get a licence to register with the original developer? Or is all handled at the PB end like some other plugins?
Don’t forget that if yo buy from a retailer like PB, the developer gets much less to further develop the plugin… Especially if the price is only some cents less… (for me it looks like 25 cent)

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 pm We're celebrating Thanks Giving with our friends abroad! So, we're doing a 60% discount on GRANULIZER 2 & INSTINCT!

Black Friday 2021@2x.jpg

Is Granulizer 2 compatible with macOS Catalina and Big Sur? Thanks in advance.

morphex wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 pm We're celebrating Thanks Giving with our friends abroad! So, we're doing a 60% discount on GRANULIZER 2 & INSTINCT!

Black Friday 2021@2x.jpg

Is Granulizer 2 compatible with macOS Catalina and Big Sur? Thanks in advance.
It's been thoroughly tested in 10.15 - Catalina (most of the development happened in machines running it).

As for Big Sur, we haven't received any issues yet. The trial version is pretty open, so feel free to download it and see if it's giving you any issues before committing to it. We are more than happy to tackle issues as users report them.

As for M1 architecture, we're currently testing it. Right now it runs through Rosetta 2.

Cool, thank you for responding. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”