IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 pm So far, nobody has rebutted anything I said, but apparently I'm wrong about it all. That's how KVR work. Each new VST gets its own fanboys who can't face any criticism of it, as if it's there sister or something...
Not at all but if I'm correct you mentioned some paltry presets number, which was not even close to the amount you get, so I personally didn't think it was worth it to engage, since IMO if you criticize something it should be important that your numbers are right. :shrug:

BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 pm Yes, I wonder who is "angry" about it...

So far, nobody has rebutted anything I said, but apparently I'm wrong about it all. That's how KVR work. Each new VST gets its own fanboys who can't face any criticism of it, as if it's there sister or something...
internet fight.PNG
Chill Jill. I don't think anyone is defending anything other than one another's right to have an opinion. It's all good...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I’m confused. Do you need to do the very large Syntronik 2 Max and the individual instruments download? I upgraded from the full version of 1 to 2 Max.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Nope - The Max contains the individual instruments (samples + presets) too. You'll see the individual instruments being downloaded & installed one at a time by the progress bar in the IK Product Manager

mcbpete wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:12 pm Nope - The Max contains the individual instruments (samples + presets) too. You'll see the individual instruments being downloaded & installed one at a time by the progress bar in the IK Product Manager
Thanks. That’s so confusing. As usual, IK makes things difficult for their customers for no particular reason.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Here’s my quick take on v2 Max. In terms of sonic quality and preset quality, it’s really the best ROMpler around for classic synth sounds. Shame they didn’t add a few drum machines, but I guess we’re all set with things like that.

I generally like the UI, though I doubt I’ll do a huge amount of tweaking. That’s what full emulations are for.

The presets are good, but I feel they’re a bit repetitive. When you think about how much that can be done with a Microwave oscillator, it seems like they left a lot out. Are there a lot more samples that are unused? I’ll need to explore.

Effects are great, which is to be expected.

So, I feel that for my $100 (after Jam Points) I’m happy. My only real complaint is that they ignore polyphonic aftertouch. I mean, if you’re sampling a CS-80…
Zerocrossing Media

It says 200GB for the Max version, does anyone know if the installed samples can be kept on an external drive? That would be rough for my main drive. Thanks.

seangm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:22 am It says 200GB for the Max version, does anyone know if the installed samples can be kept on an external drive? That would be rough for my main drive. Thanks.
On Windows you can add several paths where it "looks" for its samples.

dermage wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:36 am
seangm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:22 am It says 200GB for the Max version, does anyone know if the installed samples can be kept on an external drive? That would be rough for my main drive. Thanks.
Good to know thanks.

seangm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:50 am
dermage wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:36 am
Good to know thanks.
Yes, in the installation manager you can directly tell it where to install it. Remember though to also move the installation files to a backup drive so you don't run into the 180 days download problem.

BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 pm
Meester Smeeeth wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:22 pm I’m not too bothered about syntronik, I don’t really use it much myself but I can’t understand why anybody could be angry about it. There are plenty of modelled alternatives there’s literally no point complaining. Just buy what you like and ignore what you don’t.
Yes, I wonder who is "angry" about it. And we mustn't post anything negative about any products at all, ever, otherwise somebody might end up not buying them, which would be awful.
Who would buy Syntronik 2, and why? I posted up examples of the feeble number of presets you get, for a shedload of money, and a lot of hard drive space, and none of it sounds any better than any number of actual synth VSTis out there, which you can also do much more with (i.e. edit the presets much more than Syntronik 2 could ever allow you to.)

So far, nobody has rebutted anything I said, but apparently I'm wrong about it all. That's how KVR work. Each new VST gets its own fanboys who can't face any criticism of it, as if it's there sister or something...
I mean that's your personal opinion, what's there to rebute? If 200GB of content and 5.000 presets is "feeble" what is there even to discuss? Plenty of people also don't really care for deep sound design options, I have Falcon for that. Omnisphere is basically only used as a giant preset library by 95% of the people.

Your opinion is your opinion, S2 isn't for you, so buy something else. VV3 is still on sale for 349€: https://www.uvi.net/vintage-vault-3-upgrade-sp.html

Last day, so you better hurry.

Can I delete the syntronik 1 content from the ST3 folder after installing Syntronik 2?

New install, no important projects used syntronik 1 (got it recently)

Syn2 can load the instruments from the Syn1 library, but does not otherwise use the Syn1 library. So if you do not need Syn1 at all you can remove the Syn1 library folders and files. Personally I would copy it to a back-up disk, to avoid any future 180 days problem.

Remove the path from Syn2's Sound Content path list too.

Syn2 includes the Syn1 instruments, upgraded to use the Syn2 engine (and are .st4i instrument files), so you can edit them on the Edit page. "The Edit Panel is only available for new Syntronik 2 presets including the new presets created for the 22 original Syntronik synths. "
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

So just to be absolutely clear about host automation in Syntronik 2:

I have Syntronik 1 Deluxe. No plans to upgrade to 2 yet. My understanding is that if I install Syntronik 2 CS, all the existing sounds from Syntronik 1 will be playable in it exactly as they are now (not upgraded I know, but that's fine), except that I'll now be able to automate their parameters normally in my DAW instead of using MIDI learn. Can anyone confirm that this is how it works?

If so, this is really great. I like the Syntronik interface, but I only play the sounds via SampleTank at the moment because of the lack of proper automation in Syntronik 1.

machinesworking wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am
BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:56 pm So far, nobody has rebutted anything I said, but apparently I'm wrong about it all. That's how KVR work. Each new VST gets its own fanboys who can't face any criticism of it, as if it's there sister or something...
Not at all but if I'm correct you mentioned some paltry presets number, which was not even close to the amount you get, so I personally didn't think it was worth it to engage, since IMO if you criticize something it should be important that your numbers are right. :shrug:
You're not correct. " so I personally didn't think it was worth it to engage" LOL. I quoted the feeble number of presets in the Andromeda expansion, straight from IK's website. I can post a screenshot if you like. How typically KVR. You can't even read basic numbers properly, and use that as a reason for me being somehow 'wrong'. LOL!

Return to “Instruments”