A brief update on the future of Variety of Sound plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Snake oil? So I am imagenig the delay lines and reverb tails?

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:29 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:45 pm
Michey wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:03 pm Why no one is talking about XTC mkII ?
I don't talk about it because I'm sure no one wants to hear what I really think about it. :shrug:
Tek never really cared for VoS plugins. He never really got them. He all but called them snake oil. He just couldn't work out how they worked. He questioned if they even worked at all.
Well, BTH, with SOME Bootsie plugs, they were indeed very subtle (exp. @44.1kHz) so one had to actively listen VERY hard in order to discern.

As of now (I don't know whether it's because I'm @ 96kHz or is it the algo's that progressed - or both) the effect is VERY apparent, from the very first moment you insert it (taking a look at the doctor reveals the reason + the Mojo knob is doing some weird $hit). that was the reason I was surprised no one talked about it. must be having (way) too many tools nowadays...

Michey wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:03 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:21 am The new Thrillseeker and Ferric are just beautiful processors. The saturation on Ferric is unmatched IMO - instant vibe on a mix.
Why no one is talking about XTC mkII ? it is out for 3 days now and, well .... "silence of the labs" ? :neutral:
Well, everyone can have their own experiences with it. :wink:

I can only say about Thrillseeker mk I that this is the only "exciter-saturator"
that can do a very pleasant mid-sound change. Almost all other exciters like
to sound bright and harsh, even very expensive ones, but Thrillseeker mk I
not. Thrillseeker mk II will certainly be similar to mk I, maybe a little better.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:29 amI own all the Gentleman's Editions by the way of Tokyo Dawn Records' plugins, where Herbert and Vlad both work along with Fabien
VoS only worked on the saturation part of TDR SlickEQ, AFAIK.

Michey wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:03 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:21 am The new Thrillseeker and Ferric are just beautiful processors. The saturation on Ferric is unmatched IMO - instant vibe on a mix.
Why no one is talking about XTC mkII ? it is out for 3 days now and, well .... "silence of the labs" ? :neutral:
My studio is still in boxes waiting to be unpacked in my new house!

Ive tried the previous 64-bit releases, and FerricTDS is nice, but like XTC, these types of plugins take quite a while to really test properly on various material unless you dedicate a lot of time for pure plugin testing... I prefer to try them in actual projects. XTC is definitely on my list :tu:

I did like the original XTC, after a long time looking for a 64-bit replacement I picked up Spectre.

Although I mostly use that in de-emphasis mode, so maybe there is room to bring this back...

I'm only waiting for SlickHDR, as it's very effective and also unique plugin. :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:48 am I'm only waiting for SlickHDR, as it's very effective and also unique plugin. :tu:
Yep, its very very nice, but one can overdo it easily if not accustomed to more smaller moves. I did first and flattened but transient enhanced the tests :clap: :oops:

It really works wonders by giving a small amount of HDR on some sources, but again it was so long time ago I would have to re-evaluate it nowadays with new ears and equipment.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I could never get good results out of Slick HDR. It had an interesting concept but it always felt like a product still in the alpha stages to me.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

tesslaSE mk 2 is out!

It's easy if you know how

This is brilliant. It's a shame it's getting overshadowed by all the BF/Cyber Monday sales.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Looks great, a bit bright in design, but you did that intentionally. It's imaginative and impressive imo.

With it’s 2021 remake, TesslaSE mkII sticks to exactly that by just polishing whats already there. The internal gainstaging has been reworked so that everything appears gain compensated to the outside and is dead-easy to operate within a slick, modernized user interface. Also the transformer/tube cicuit modeling got some updates to appear more detailed and vibrant, while all non-linear algorithms got oversampled for additional aliasing supression.
Fantastic! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Between VoS and Analog Obsession we're getting spoilt!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Effects”