Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Max V2 V Collection X

Total Studio Max 3.5 is really good. Got it for €276 with Jampoints during the sale (plus 25% VAT because IKM).
Komplete 13 is also on sale and is pretty affordable if you have Kontakt (€226 + VAT for me).

But those are a bit different. V-Collection is a "pure" keyboard collection like Syntronik, but modelled instead of sampled. Even with the expanded control in Syntronik 2, it's still a ROMpler at heart, where as Arturia model every function of the original synth plus a few extras like additional envelopes, LFO's, FX etc.

Yeah, understood, but when you're working out what to get for your hard-earned cash, TSM is a great deal, whilst Syntronik 2? Not so much. :-)

Arturia V collection is also worth having even if you have TSM.

The IK B3 is modelled (as are MODO Bass and MODO Drum) and they're all excellent. I prefer the IK B3 to Arturia's. If I could have only one, I'd get TSM first, then AVC next time it's on sale :-)

Meester Smeeeth wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:05 am Syntronik is actually one of the least compelling IK products IMO due to the amount of space it takes up, limited amount of edibility and relatively slow loading times compared to modelled synths.
The only two synths I'm using from Syntronik are JX and Taurus emulations. One of the reasons why I don't use it often is slow loading time on my M1 Mac. Other sample-based instruments, like the UVI Synth Anthology, load much faster on the same Mac. If the loading time improved in Syntronik 2, I'd be interested.

MegaPixel wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm Arturia V8 Collection for €199
Maybe a silly question: but where are you seeing that price. Is it the upgrade from v7?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:02 pm
Maybe a silly question: but where are you seeing that price. Is it the upgrade from v7?
You need to own at least one Arturia Product to see that. If you grab Analoge Lite somewhere real quick then you will also get it for 199.

Chrisk-K wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:41 pm
Meester Smeeeth wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:05 am Syntronik is actually one of the least compelling IK products IMO due to the amount of space it takes up, limited amount of edibility and relatively slow loading times compared to modelled synths.
The only two synths I'm using from Syntronik are JX and Taurus emulations. One of the reasons why I don't use it often is slow loading time on my M1 Mac. Other sample-based instruments, like the UVI Synth Anthology, load much faster on the same Mac. If the loading time improved in Syntronik 2, I'd be interested.
I don't have Syntronik 2 full version, but I have tried Syntronik 2 CS (Your v1 instruments will work just as they did before and they work in ST4 which is now M1 native).

Syntronik 2 CS is worth a try. One of the new features for v2 is disk streaming but I don't think that the v1 instruments get that too. But as ST4 and Syntronik 2 CS are now M1 native they're faster all round anyway.

Syntronik is more like Arturia Analog lab then the whole V collection. Syntronik is like a best of analog just like Analog lab is. Analog lab is still a lot more versatile then Syntronik by a long shot and a lot cheaper to boot

flori89 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:06 pm
DarkStar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:02 pm
You need to own at least one Arturia Product to see that. If you grab Analoge Lite somewhere real quick then you will also get it for 199.
Thank you. I cannot see Analog Lite available anywhere. I do have an Arturia Account with the Analog Lab 4 demo in it.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

---
delete me
Last edited by turtletooth on Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

vertibration wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:48 pm V8......Lots of new things coming
You have any hints in particular?

davidka wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 pm
Hell no I dont.....

vertibration wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:48 pm
davidka wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 pm
Hell no I dont.....
Well, you've had your 15 minutes of fame :clap:

Arturia v8

I dont imagine why and who would buy syntronik that has mostly bunch of sampled Saw waveforms that take alot of space and whole insrtrument is ram and cpu intensive.

Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:18 pm Arturia v8

I dont imagine why and who would buy syntronik that has mostly bunch of sampled Saw waveforms that take alot of space and whole insrtrument is ram and cpu intensive.
I bought it and am highly satisfied. Really inspiring stuff.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:19 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:18 pm Arturia v8

I bought it and am highly satisfied. Really inspiring stuff.
I also have it.

Return to “Instruments”