Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have seen people transfering Output Movement licenses but when I checked with them a few years ago that was not allowed - does anyone know the process now?

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am I have seen people transfering Output Movement licenses but when I checked with them a few years ago that was not allowed - does anyone know the process now?
They are mostly unused serial numbers. If not, Output license transfers are permitted only if you are in Europe. Perhaps something to do with law/regulations.

I am not in Europe and I tried to convince them a lot for a license transfer but they rejected it.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:51 am
fairlyclose wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am I have seen people transfering Output Movement licenses but when I checked with them a few years ago that was not allowed - does anyone know the process now?
They are mostly unused serial numbers. If not, Output license transfers are permitted only if you are in Europe. Perhaps something to do with law/regulations.

I am not in Europe and I tried to convince them a lot for a license transfer but they rejected it.
thanks and bummer as I also am not in Europe

is a weird approach - yes we can do transfers but only if we are forced to.

i wanted to transfer Trackspacer, and because i bought it during a sale, i need to pay 45€ in fees to WavesFactory if i sell it.
if i sell it for 40€ what it usually goes for, i actually need to pay.
if i sell it for 45€ basically gave it away, and it wont ever sell for 50€.

i'm not buying from wavesfactory anymore. :D

Does anyone know what Baby Audio's policy is? Zero mentions on their website, but I'm seeing plugins by them for sale 2nd hand.

I'm sure this has been discussed/answered somewhere but I'm having trouble finding an answer anywhere so would appreciate the help.

Does anyone know the situation with the Native Instruments bundles from Plugin Boutique? I'm guessing transfers are possible in some form but is it individual plugins or only the entire bundle?

Well, I can partially answer my own question having bought it in case it helps anyone else - you get one serial so the best case scenario is selling the entire bundle. Can't confirm if that's possible since it's showing as 'not transferable' at the moment, maybe since it seems like there's a 60 day period before you're given the option with NI stuff in general.

What's the deal with transfering everything insider Europe? I can sell every orchestral library, even those nfr, to another european person?

ciochi wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:53 pm What's the deal with transfering everything insider Europe? I can sell every orchestral library, even those nfr, to another european person?
I would love to know this - it would be worth setting up a credit card in Europe or some other mechanism if it is possible. I have a lot of kontakt libraries I would love to get rid of.

Mixbus 32C and XT-CC Plugin for $49 with FREE video tutorial w/multitracks

https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspr ... c-bf-offer
"Not only do we make the music...the music makes us"

Does anyone know whether Baby Audio allows license transfers?

Mumdad wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:44 pm I'm sure this has been discussed/answered somewhere but I'm having trouble finding an answer anywhere so would appreciate the help.

Does anyone know the situation with the Native Instruments bundles from Plugin Boutique? I'm guessing transfers are possible in some form but is it individual plugins or only the entire bundle?
I read somewhere at PB that free gifts added to your purchase can't be later transferred. So it depends how you acquired the software.

J4R1O wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:29 am I was about to sell my Wavesfactory Cassette license, but then found out this:
"NOTE: We cannot transfer licenses purchased at PluginBoutique."

Just wondering why...
Is this still true? I see two relevant FAQ entries on their support site, neither of which says that anymore.

Can I transfer my license?
Yes, you can transfer your license to another user. You’ll be required to pay the difference in price if you bought the plugin with a discount, plus €15 transfer fee.
Once the payment has been sent via PayPal to info at wavesfactory dot com you have to fill and send the form below with the required information.
Plugin Boutique purchases
Purchases made at Plugin Boutique are not linked to Wavesfactory and they won’t appear in your account. You will always be able to download the latest versions of our plugins in each plugin’s site. There’s no need to register the purchase.

I found elsewhere that Wavesfactory says if your license is the only thing on your invoice, they can handle transfer via Plugin Boutique, but if not then all the other purchases on the same invoice will be removed from your account. They blame it on PB. So practically speaking Wavesfactory plugins are difficult to sell, with a substantial transfer fee, and approaching impossible if purchased via Plugin Boutique, but maybe if you only bought that on your invoice might be possible. I know that the transfer fee keeps a floor on the price in the secondary market, but for the most part it means there is no secondary market. If you want to sell a license to one of their plugins, you're looking at recouping maybe $10-15 after fees, if you price it to actually sell competitive to their sale prices.

for Trackspacer if you bought on sale you're looking at 5$ cost, no recoup

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”