Bought my first Slate Digital plug in but ....

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Mix26
KVRer
4 posts since 16 Oct, 2016

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:53 pm

no matter what, I cannot get it to activate in Ilok. I even bought a dongle but doesnt seem to see it. Any help would be appreciated. I follwed all the videos and directions I could find.

resynthesis
KVRian
581 posts since 17 Sep, 2007 from Planet Thanet

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:05 pm

Have you put in a ticket?

Robmobius
KVRAF
3653 posts since 10 Sep, 2010 from A shit hole (Ireland).

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Talk to their support, they are very quick.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens

MadDogE134
KVRian
716 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:50 pm

if you have your account all set up with ilok. ilok software installed and the dongle is in you should be able to look at it through the ilok software itself. as i recall slate digtial automatically sends the license to your ilok account. if all went well you should be able to see the license in the ilok software after you have logged in. from within the ilok software manger you will have to activate the slate digital license. once that is done and if license info is still not seen then you may have to reset your DAW plugin 'blacklist' if it has one.

cheers

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind

Mix26
KVRer

Topic Starter

4 posts since 16 Oct, 2016

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:20 pm

I can see the license in Ilok but just can't activate it. I got a 3rd gen dongle ready in the usb port. But when I try to activate it there are no locations to choose from. Doesnt matter if cloud session is open or closed. 0 of 2 activations used. Guess I will have to contact Slate Digital.

MadDogE134
KVRian
716 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:07 pm

oh ok... yeah contact slate and see what they tell you. maybe something wasn't completed. good luck cheers

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind

sprnva
KVRAF
2117 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:41 am

Does the dongle show up in the iLok Licence Manager in the left panel? If not then it's not seeing your dongle. That would mean either the dongle or the USB port isn't working.

Here's how it should look with one machine location and two dongles:

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”