Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

You guys need a shot of honesty. The real world is so much much stranger.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:19 pm I'm not the one pushing sandstorm and animals into the world am I? I'm not the one who's lyrics go "bitch money money bitch nikka suck my dick money money, I'm a gangsta" am I? I'm not the one pushing the expected copy cats on you. I only introduce what's lasted.
You only make outrageous claims, and derail every thread with meaningless attacks on what you think are established icons... you're essentially a conspiracy theorist, and it just, gets, old. There are medications that can help, but I'm sure you haven't even taken the covid vaccine, so there's no help there.

Mostly try to take care of yourself, chasing windmills on KVR isn't doing that, I've tested that theory out. :hihi:

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:56 pm calm yourselves. turn off your interwebz, and get some history. make sure what you throw into the world is worth throwing, because it sticks with you for life. You will be judged (not by me), so ask yourself if you are here for the now, or the long term. Stop throwing spaghetti at the wall. It never sticks for long. make what ever you want, but spend on the real.
My dad was a musician that played a "real" instrument. I can recall when he first saw the Beatles and proclaimed that they were the end of Western civilization. No rock & roll in his house, LOL!!!

Ha! It's all a matter of perspective! Getting old sux!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:57 am
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:56 pm calm yourselves. turn off your interwebz, and get some history. make sure what you throw into the world is worth throwing, because it sticks with you for life. You will be judged (not by me), so ask yourself if you are here for the now, or the long term. Stop throwing spaghetti at the wall. It never sticks for long. make what ever you want, but spend on the real.
My dad was a musician that played a "real" instrument. I can recall when he first saw the Beatles and proclaimed that they were the end of Western civilization. No rock & roll in his house, LOL!!!

Ha! It's all a matter of perspective! Getting old sux!
LOL yeah it's a classic in philosophy classes.

''The children now love luxury; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are tyrants, not servants of the households. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize over their teachers.'' -SOCRATES

For me, EDM is not "bad" or evil. It did seem to shoot its wad early though and is mostly just shallow, tedious and boring now. Another idiom demanding to be its own genre.
(I kind of felt the same way about classic rock back in the seventies though.)

With all this new development, I feel something great should be coming soon. At least, that's the direction I've been seeking in my compliations.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:05 am

LOL yeah it's a classic in philosophy classes.

''The children now love luxury; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are tyrants, not servants of the households. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize over their teachers.'' -SOCRATES
Actually by Kenneth Freeman for his 1907 Cambridge dissertation:

“The counts of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise. …

Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters.”

But Socrates would have agreed!

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/01/misbehave/
바보

A real quote (according to Plato anyway):

Condemned to die, Socrates had this request concerning his children:

“Still I have a favor to ask of them. When my sons are grown up, I would ask you, O my friends, to punish them; and I would have you trouble them, as I have troubled you, if they seem to care about riches, or anything, more than about virtue; or if they pretend to be something when they are really nothing, - then reprove them, as I have reproved you, for not caring about that for which they ought to care, and thinking that they are something when they are really nothing. And if you do this, I and my sons will have received justice at your hands.”

Wasn’t a big fan of self-esteem apparently! But yeah, I like Pigments 3.
바보

Back to our good Pigments….

In case some thought Pigments was capable of only few synthesis methods, check this: great stuff https://youtu.be/tkh4lNbEHnc

Guys i dont get yet the cross modulation. How is it possible to influence e.g. the position with wavetable section on the granular part? I wanna try some wicked drones but without the wavetable sound.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

fyi (that's in re multimodefilter with greyedout Engine/ModOSC):
arturia replied
they now can reproduce the problem and are working on it :-)

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:36 pm Guys i dont get yet the cross modulation. How is it possible to influence e.g. the position with wavetable section on the granular part? I wanna try some wicked drones but without the wavetable sound.
Not sure, If I understand your misunderstanding. :)

If you want to cross-modulate the granular-engine, you're out of luck. As of this update, there is no parameter in the sample-section that can be modulated, no modulation destination.

If you want to cross-modulate a Wavetable-Engine with the Granular/Sample-Engine, then you can modulate Freq Mod, Phase Mod, Phase Distortion and Wavefolding. You can't cross-modulate Postion.

From what I have found so far, the most out-there sounds come from this CrossMod-Setting: Engine 1 with Harmonic Engine, Engine 2 with Sample-Engine, Granular-Engine selected. Then load a drone and use CrossMod in Engine 1 for Ratio.

jsp1979 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:15 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:56 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:36 pm As a current Pigments owner, when I sign in to my Arturia account, I see the "Crossgrade to Energy Triad Bundle" for $29.99 under "My Special Offers".
Thanks for that info. So it seems, once again, that their system is not acknowledging that some people already own Pigments. They should really fix that.
I sent Arturia an email about the price issue. I received a quick response which said that it would be relayed to the appropriate departments. We'll see, I guess.
I'm one of those current users who are not getting the Triad crossgrade offer. Perhaps this is because when I bought Pigments that was already a crossgrade? My offer is for $49 for Pigments + Triad.

teilo wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:52 am
I'm one of those current users who are not getting the Triad crossgrade offer. Perhaps this is because when I bought Pigments that was already a crossgrade? My offer is for $49 for Pigments + Triad.
If you are a current Pigments owner, the upgrade to 3.5 is free, but the Triad is not included. That offer is a special for first time buyers.

No, what we’ve mainly been discussing is we’ve seen some Pigments owners offered the chance to get the triad presets for just $29, it’s an offer not consistently made to all owners.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:47 am No, what we’ve mainly been discussing is we’ve seen some Pigments owners offered the chance to get the triad presets for just $29, it’s an offer not consistently made to all owners.
$29 is what I see offered. Suggest contacting Arturia customer support if you do not. They are probably not watching this discussion.

Return to “Instruments”