WhispAir

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
WhispAir

Last edited by hockinsk3 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK, cool, many thanks for looking into it Björn. That's what I've been doing, just trimming any duplicated notes a little when I don't want the filter to stay open into the next one. Cheers!
Last edited by hockinsk3 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hockinsk3 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 pm I don't think it's polyaftertouch-related, these chords are just drawn in, not played. I don't see an issue when just loosely playing chords from the keyboard because the chord notes will have a gap between them then. It seems to be just multiple notes triggering isn't working when one note end is flush against the same note repeated. A weird one, but easily resolved by just shortening the note lengths by a fraction. Could be Bitwig-related, but I've never experienced it before.
I reported another issue, nothing to do with what you reported (wich is I agree not the best envellope comportment for to play keys, but maybe we just need to get used to it...)

ElVincente wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:09 am we just need to get used to it...
This.

Full Bucket wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 am
This.
So be it :ud:
Would you consider taking a look a the P-At issue I mentioned ? For exemple assign it to vibrato amount, past 0.03 it becomes way to heavy. Same for oscillators frequency and amplitude. I think it needs to be scaled down...

I always take a look at things that folks report (although it is more safe to get my attention when reporting via mail). :tu:

Thank you very much :)

Full Bucket wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 am
This.
I've no problem with the workaround being to put a split second delay between all notes adjacent to each other, it was slightly annoying spending hours working on some patches, not sure if it's my synthesis understanding at fault or a 'feature' of Whispair's EGs though! I must admit in 30 years it's the first time I've experienced this issue, so sure I won't be the only one to assume multi-trigger should mean multi-trigger and not multi-trigger with a * next to it that adjacent duplicate notes are not supported.

You did not fully get my explanation above?

Yep, all is cool Bjorn, I'm just saying it's a note on/off envelope behaviour I've not really experienced before, but maybe I've just not noticed it in other synths or probably I'd typically not have quantized note length if played in live to notice it in other synths perhaps?

In your specific case I'd try to use the envelope with negative intensity so that the decay would take the part of the attack phase... hmmm, I think you already had this idea some posts above? :)

Version 1.0.6 is released!
https://www.fullbucket.de/music/whispair.html

Cheers, Björn

Version 1.1.0 is released - now with VST3 and native ARM/M1 Mac support.

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:02 pm Version 1.1.0 is released - now with VST3 and native ARM/M1 Mac support.

Cheers, Björn
Hi Bjorn would you be able to make a prophet 5 emulation plus your own take and enhancements inspired that's would be able to replace my Ni Pro 53 in sound and the light feel. .. I am more after the sound of the Ni take on the pro53 as it no longer able to activate it

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”