Lazy developers exposed by Apple M1 transition (lack of native updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS 5

I don't think it's really a matter of being lazy. It's a matter of priorities.

Most developers, particularly larger companies, map out just about every minute of their development schedule 6 months to a year in advance, at least. Product under development could have a 3 to 5 year schedule.

So when some major platform overhaul comes along, developers have choose between working updates into an already tight schedule when they can, or putting everything on hold to push out updates.

I see a lot of people praising a few small developers who have only a handful of products, while wondering why larger developers with 10 times as many plugins are so slow, while their preferred boutique developer is so much more responsive. Perhaps now you can see why that is.

Some developers have prioritized 3rd party copy protection schemes like iLok Fusion over delivering for Apple users. They could have ditched iLok and delivered M1 versions long ago, but they have chosen not to, so they are subject to PACE's schedule.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:52 pm
jens wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:46 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 pm Dev kits have been out since june 2020. it's 2022.
Yeah no, 2 years isn't fast enough.
June 2020 to now is one year and seven months, which is not nearly two years
Actually, it is.... basically anything past zero to end point is 'nearly'.....but 19 out of 24 def counts as nearly....
What's your native language?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 am Pro Tools Expert is an Apple fanboi website, one of the absolute wankiest fanboi sites you will ever come across. Nothing he has to say or show is of any consequence whatsoever because his bias bleeds out of every line he writes or utters.
Jesus Christ...

What a bitter, angry soul you are. You hide behind an old Front 242 lookalike pic and a GRRRRRRRR. Go play with your grandkids and find some joy.

What you don't understand is that BONES was an early employee at Apple. If I recall correctly, I believe #99. All of the antagonism stems from the time BONES confronted Steve Jobs in an all-hands meeting for repeatedly parking in the spaces that were reserved for the handicapped. You see BONES has an affinity for the downtrodden. It's true I swear. Well Mr. Jobs didn't like being called to task by an employee and went on a scorched earth campaign that wiped BONES from the Apple landscape. Not only did the Apple security guards walk BONES from the building and unceremoniously bounce his ass off the pavement of Infinity Loop, Steve went so far as to personally take a dremel to BONES signature inside the case of the original Macintosh and debride it out of existance. It got ugly. It got personal. BONES has held a grudge against Apple ever since. That's what I heard. :hihi:

kidslow wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:15 am What you don't understand is that BONES was an early employee at Apple. If I recall correctly, I believe #99. All of the antagonism stems from the time BONES confronted Steve Jobs in an all-hands meeting for repeatedly parking in the spaces that were reserved for the handicapped. You see BONES has an affinity for the downtrodden. It's true I swear. Well Mr. Jobs didn't like being called to task by an employee and went on a scorched earth campaign that wiped BONES from the Apple landscape. Not only did the Apple security guards walk BONES from the building and unceremoniously bounce his ass off the pavement of Infinity Loop, Steve went so far as to personally take a dremel to BONES signature inside the case of the original Macintosh and debride it out of existance. It got ugly. It got personal. BONES has held a grudge against Apple ever since. That's what I heard. :hihi:
Hahaha! BONES™ origin story lore... it all makes sense now. We could set up a gofundme to help deal with the trauma... "it's not your fault...it's not your fault....it's not your fault"

jens wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:23 am
AnX wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:52 pm
jens wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:46 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 pm Dev kits have been out since june 2020. it's 2022.
Yeah no, 2 years isn't fast enough.
June 2020 to now is one year and seven months, which is not nearly two years
Actually, it is.... basically anything past zero to end point is 'nearly'.....but 19 out of 24 def counts as nearly....
What's your native language?
Why?

BONES wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 am If M1 Max was better than that, wouldn't Apple be putting them into their MacPros? But Apple are still only putting Xeons into the MacPro because those processors are on a different level to consumer grade CPUs.
You're just being obtuse now.
Apple said transition is going to take at least a couple of years and given the workstation update cycles (which is something you can legitimately criticise, unlike your pointless M1 rants), mac pro will be the last to get apple silicon chips.
Last update was 2019.

Do you even know what makes xeon "workstation grade" and not consumer?
BONES wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 am .... blah blah blah about workflows ...
people have different workflows and preferences, can't you please accept that already?
i have a separate live room for recording, because it's an actual studio.

In my case lack of fan noise means i don't have to bother with isobox or Machine Room, which simplifies my setup a lot.

I love these Apple bashing threads.
Real drama stuff, but completely objective and neutral as well.
Better than making love.

OP you seem to have no idea what you're posting about. Please change the seriously lame thread title.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:20 pm OP you seem to have no idea what you're posting about. Please change the seriously lame thread title.
No I’m not changing the thread title because it’s my honest opinion. You may disagree but that’s also just your opinion. :hihi:

Are you suggesting 100% of all plugin developers are never lazy and all of the plugin developers are working very hard to deliver updates as fast as possible to users?

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:36 pm Are you suggesting 100% of all plugin developers are never lazy and all of the plugin developers are working very hard to deliver updates as fast as possible to users?
I don't know about CrystalWizard, but, yep, I consider developers very hard working people. Not just their work, but, they spend their whole life learning things, basically. And, if they halfways learned something, something new surfaces, and they have to learn that. It's like, a whole life dedicated to learn stuff, and a lot of hard work. Earns my outright respect.

Spitting on all that, and calling them lazy on the other hand...

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 pm
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:36 pm Are you suggesting 100% of all plugin developers are never lazy and all of the plugin developers are working very hard to deliver updates as fast as possible to users?
I don't know about CrystalWizard, but, yep, I consider developers very hard working people. Not just their work, but, they spend their whole life learning things, basically. And, if they halfways learned something, something new surfaces, and they have to learn that. It's like, a whole life dedicated to learn stuff, and a lot of hard work. Earns my outright respect.

So 100% of all plugins developers are never lazy in your opinion? Wow..that is just not the world we live in my friend.

No matter what field you study you will find lazy people in every single one. Scientist, athletes, musicians, singers you name it. It’s incredibly foolish to think everyone at all times is always working hard and never lazy no matter what occupation they have.

And for the record I never said ALL plugin developers are lazy. I definitely don’t agree with that. But I do however think some developers are absolutely lazy.

This is why the scientific method and peer review are so important. One scientist may present a finding as true, then another scientist (or several) will come a long and check his work and find flaws and point out errors in his/her work.

Scientist are some of the absolute fastest to call out someone for lazy or unprofessional work, so I don’t understand why some of you seem to be under the impression that plugin developers are gods who are always hard working and never lazy. That’s not true for ANY occupation in this world.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:53 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 pm

So 100% of all plugins developers are never lazy in your opinion? Wow..that is just not the world we live in my friend.

No matter what field you study you will find lazy people in every single one. Scientist, athletes, musicians, singers you name it. It’s incredibly foolish to think everyone at all times is always working hard and never lazy no matter what occupation they have.

And for the record I never said ALL plugin developers are lazy. I definitely don’t agree with that. But I do however think some developers are absolutely lazy.

This is why the scientific method and peer review are so important. One scientist may present a finding as true, then another scientist (or several) will come along and check his/her work and find flaws and point out errors in his/her work.

Scientist are some of the absolute fastest to call out someone for lazy or unprofessional work, so I don’t understand why some of you seem to be under the impression that plugin developers are gods who are always hard working and never lazy. That’s not true for ANY occupation in this world.
Last edited by SoftSynthLover99 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

h2ogun99 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:24 am
BONES wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 am Pro Tools Expert is an Apple fanboi website, one of the absolute wankiest fanboi sites you will ever come across. Nothing he has to say or show is of any consequence whatsoever because his bias bleeds out of every line he writes or utters.
Jesus Christ...

What a bitter, angry soul you are. You hide behind an old Front 242 lookalike pic and a GRRRRRRRR. Go play with your grandkids and find some joy.
when signing up for KVR Bones should be on the ignore list by default.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:53 pm So 100% of all plugins developers are never lazy in your opinion?
This thread is called "Lazy developers exposed by Apple M1 transition". Which means that you call every developer lazy who didn't update his plugin to M1 native already.

Notice the difference to asking if I don't think that plugin developers can be lazy sometimes?

Apart from that, it's really not you who sets the standard in regard of what can be called lazy or not. So every plugin developer who didn't yet update his 20 year old plugin, which you love to use, to M1 yet is lazy for you? That really doesn't make any sense. Apropos sense. A bit more common sense, please.

Return to “Effects”