Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ciochi wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:38 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:20 pm
ciochi wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:24 pm Does auddict allow license transfer?
They told me no - but I am unsure if that covers both instruments and samples
They also said it is stated on their site but I could not find it anywhere
I believe I have seen someone here reselling percx
I thought so too - I emailed them again for clarification but they have not got back to me - can you please try them and ask about percX and get back to us here if they respond?

On Vi-control they say it's no friendly. However in 2018 one user sold Drums of the Deep.

Hi Corrado,

Unfortunately our products not eligible for resale and the license is non-transferable as per the terms on our website, sorry about that.

That puts an end to the story.

Both Synapse Audio and TAL Software becomes NFR after license transfer. At least according to my experience. How to change this?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

ciochi wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:56 pm Hi Corrado,

Unfortunately our products not eligible for resale and the license is non-transferable as per the terms on our website, sorry about that.

That puts an end to the story.
did they show where it was on their website - I could not find it. When I go to https://www.auddict.com/terms-and-conditions I just get a blank page. I think they should allow resale if they are not making their terms and conditions available

It is a blank page on wayback machine too. I will contact them again

Does anyone know if the BABY audio allow license transfer?

becseigy wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:46 pm Does anyone know if the BABY audio allow license transfer?
Yes, they are allowing license transfer.
Just email BABY audio.

tomheavybeats wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:16 pm Wow Waves getting the Lawyers out for 35Euros they may lose out on! :hihi:

"Greetings Waves Client -

1. It has been brought to our attention that you are attempting to sell/transfer your Waves account via: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=554735

2. Please note that transferring your Waves account or offering it for sale is a violation of our policy.

3. You can refer to the following article which explains what you can do with your Waves account: https://www.waves.com/support/what-can- ... nt-account

4. We request that you remove the part about the sale/transfer of your Waves account from the listing above, as well as any other sale listings you have posted.

5. Failure to comply will force us to take legal action.

We may be contacted by email at ipp@waves.com

Thank you for your cooperation,

Waves Intellectual Property Protection Team"
Can anyone else confirm this from their experience? I was interested in selling my account, but then this post gave some doubts.

the spreadsheet no more updates?

First of all: great initiative!

Second, a question: anybody has any experience with selling Tone2 synths bought via Best Service?
Tone2 doesn't allow license transfers bought via 3rd parties but what if I just sell the codes I received in my Best Service account (or basically transfer my complete Best Service account because those are the only two products in there)? Problem is that with the Best Service code you'll get a key from Tone2 to activate the full version and there is where it could get messy...

No Info from MOTU on the Spreadsheet. This is from their website;

If I sell my MOTU product, how do I transfer ownership?
How to transfer ownership of your MOTU product.

If you own a MOTU product, hardware or software, and decide to sell it, you must contact our Customer Service department at 1 617 576 2760 to transfer ownership.

Only a registered owner can perform a transfer of ownership.

Please be prepared to verify your own registration information as well as providing the new owner's registration information.

The original owner will be required to approve the transaction through dated and signed documentation.

Technical support, upgrade pricing, and replacement CD's are available only to the registered owner of the product.

Note that you can not sell previous versions of our software if you have upgraded the software.

Virgiauskas wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:40 am
tomheavybeats wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:16 pm Wow Waves getting the Lawyers out for 35Euros they may lose out on! :hihi:

"Greetings Waves Client -

1. It has been brought to our attention that you are attempting to sell/transfer your Waves account via: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=554735

2. Please note that transferring your Waves account or offering it for sale is a violation of our policy.

3. You can refer to the following article which explains what you can do with your Waves account: https://www.waves.com/support/what-can- ... nt-account

4. We request that you remove the part about the sale/transfer of your Waves account from the listing above, as well as any other sale listings you have posted.

5. Failure to comply will force us to take legal action.

We may be contacted by email at ipp@waves.com

Thank you for your cooperation,

Waves Intellectual Property Protection Team"
Can anyone else confirm this from their experience? I was interested in selling my account, but then this post gave some doubts.
idk but lets just assume from a company like this its true. the easiest answer is for musicians to stop spending money with companies like this. waves is dead to me. A free market is all about consumers getting to decide. We decide each time we spend whether to be ok with license transfer policies or subscription models etc. Company policy would quickly change if noone bought the product. but once people start buying it again the policy changes just changes again. The harder answer is you can't change people.

2C Audio - charges the new customer 20% of the MSRP of the product being transferred and the licence becomes NFR.

Does someone know if the upper limit for Acustica transfers still is 100 euro or if that has been changed?

Could someone clarify: if I transfer a license for an Arturia product whether that transfer is for the latest version? I'm going to assume so because when you download the plug in you are, presumably, downloading the latest version, which you will then register with your transferred license.

thanks

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”