DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

sj1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:46 pm
moss wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:22 am
sj1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 pm I note that if I go to the Controller page in BItwig and turn off the DBM controller, it seems to go back to native mode just fine.

When I simply exit BItwig though, that doesn't happen.
That's bad and sounds like it is still not fully fixed. Can you ensure that you are really running 4.1.3?
Thanks for your replies Jürgen.
Could you please both send me your logfiles (in C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_NAME%\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio BitwigStudio.log and engine.log)?
PM me.

Hello Jürgen,
I've just bought a Launchpad Pro mkIII to use it as a sequencer and also as a launch clip inside bitwig. You did a great job on the integration of this device in bitwig and thanks for that. I know you did some videos on the topics and I will watch at them shortly. I have some questions, but one of them has been in my head for 2 days:

I use the sequencer, chord, notes outside of bitwig studio and it seems that is not the same layout when opening bitwig studio ? If not the same layout, why did you change everything ? I can learn both layouts if necessary but I was asking if it could be possible to only have the session impacted by your extension and keep the native layout for note, chord, custom, sequencer and projects ?

thanks in advance.

llgmusic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:34 pm I use the sequencer, chord, notes outside of bitwig studio and it seems that is not the same layout when opening bitwig studio ? If not the same layout, why did you change everything ? I can learn both layouts if necessary but I was asking if it could be possible to only have the session impacted by your extension and keep the native layout for note, chord, custom, sequencer and projects ?
The reason is that I support many controllers and these layouts are shared among similar ones (and have proven to be useful the way they are). Furthermore, the differences between the (many) Launchpad versions are huge as well and it is simply beyond my available spare time to start again from scratch for each of them.

Thanks for your answer Jürgen, I understand. :tu:

hi the akai fire is not lighting up colors on my template in version 4.1.4. I have to change the track color again to get it to respond after loading my startup template.

Thanks Jürgen for the great script! I'm using Launchkey MK3 and one thing baffels me though: The Device mode correctly detects the Bitwig devices and all is good, however I fail to control any VST plugins with it. Let's say I load Serum on a track and switch to Device mode on Launchkey. I get "Serum Optional[]" text on the controller display but all pots show "No parameter". If I switch the Launchkey into custom pot mode and try to send MIDI CC, Bitwig does not receive it at all; seems like all MIDI CC is filtered away.

As a sanity check I configured the Launchkey as generic MIDI controller in Bitwig setup, then the CC worked fine in Custom mode and I could control VSTs normally.

How I can control VST plugins with DrivenByMoss? Do I need to somehow manually configure the devices so that I can use them in Device mode or somehow disable the MIDI CC filtering?

Juho_L wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:03 pmHow I can control VST plugins with DrivenByMoss? Do I need to somehow manually configure the devices so that I can use them in Device mode
Anserwing to myself: Yes! Not the most intuitive feature, but the six dots symbol allows creation of controller mappings. Now I can configure how the plugins behave in Device mode which is fantastic! Although this does not explain why the MIDI CC does not work.

DrivenByMoss 15.4.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Fire
    • New: In Mix mode Mute/Solo 1 moves the play cursor to the start of the arranger loop and Mute/Solo 4 moves the play cursor to the end of the arranger loop.
    • New: In Mix mode the select knob does now change the play position.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Improved virtual faders for stepped values.
    • New: Always set values immediately to work around Bitwig catch takeover mode.
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Wrong setting label Use vertical zoom to change tracks but must be Use vertical zoom to change modes. Documentation was wrong, too.
https://youtu.be/0pDYYFti49E

Enjoy!

Thanks for the fire update. I noticed some settings have changed. Did you remove some settings like flip and so forth?
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

melodyz wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:57 pm hi the akai fire is not lighting up colors on my template in version 4.1.4. I have to change the track color again to get it to respond after loading my startup template.
Hi I fixed this by creating a new startup template. I am not sure what is being saved in these templates that causes inconsistencies.

melodyz wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:33 pm
melodyz wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:57 pm hi the akai fire is not lighting up colors on my template in version 4.1.4. I have to change the track color again to get it to respond after loading my startup template.
Hi I fixed this by creating a new startup template. I am not sure what is being saved in these templates that causes inconsistencies.
This is a long standing Bitwig bug. What you did is actually the correct (and only) solution to the problem.

moss wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm
This is a long standing Bitwig bug. What you did is actually the correct (and only) solution to the problem.
Thanks do you know why it does that? Why wont Bitwig fix it? I ask because I also have a long standing issue with my typing keyboard losing focus to play certain plugins notes after using something on Windows desktop or Outlook. It somehow steals focus from Bitwig and wont give it back. And then after a little clicking here and there and waiting it gives back control. It doesnt happen on all plugins but Uhe are repeat offenders. I think its another bug somehow tied up with Bitwig templates or something

melodyz wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:10 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm
Thanks do you know why it does that? Why wont Bitwig fix it? I ask because I also have a long standing issue with my typing keyboard losing focus to play certain plugins notes after using something on Windows desktop or Outlook. It somehow steals focus from Bitwig and wont give it back. And then after a little clicking here and there and waiting it gives back control. It doesnt happen on all plugins but Uhe are repeat offenders. I think its another bug somehow tied up with Bitwig templates or something
It is always up to priorities but I cannot comment for Bitwig.

I know what is the issue on the lights on the fire. The new colors from a jpeg create colors that will not show up on the fire. light yellows, light greys etc. Thats what is happening now. Any way to address that?

Hi on that new fire mode with the select knob, could we please have a setting that switching that mode between holding alt and turning the knob. switching it back and forth between track selection? Some of us might want to just use the select knob to select tracks to quickly change the track volume. (Although it would be cool if somehow we could control the volumes of the different tracks quickly on the perform screen)

Return to “Controller Scripting”