Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:07 pm
recursive one wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:49 am
Samiver wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:43 am Bit of a noob question but am I right in assuming you need to own a virus synth to export the banks or is there a way to find the banks online and import them to viper?
Viper imports Virus banks in .mid format, you don't need an actual Virus.

There's a lot of free Virus banks here (you need to sign up), also you may buy some online
https://www.virus.info/downloads/6/Sounds-and-Patches
i registered but no download possible yet :/ do you need to register a Virus hardware?
It looks like it works fine without registration. You don't see all the downloads?

edit, nevermind, you do need to be logged in to download

boriskarloff wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:52 pm I'm impatient guy. I don't want to wait till summer for the sale so I just bought it. Thanks Adam for your enthusiastic effort and for the great result! 😊
Mario
Imo Adam deserves support on this and the price of Viper is more then fair. Its an awesome synth emulation that has its own (virus) sound which is the oppposite of many newly released synths. This easely could be sold for the same price as Sylenth1.

Guys dont wait for sale just to save few bucks. Its a 1 man company you would be supporting :-)

adamtrance wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:26 pm Yes I plan to create a free Reverb plugin from the reverb in Viper, I just need to add more features for it. Its not as simple as stripping it out. Also, I need to finish a couple of soundbanks first that I started, and then I can spend time on the reverb ;)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:hug: :party:

Thank you for all the kinds words and support! You have no idea of the painstaking insanely boring/hard job this virus import was. Anyway, I am happy to see that there are no comments about any crashes so far, so hopefully I managed to fix that last big issue!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Samiver wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:43 am Bit of a noob question but am I right in assuming you need to own a virus synth to export the banks or is there a way to find the banks online and import them to viper?

There's a lot of free Virus banks here (you need to sign up), also you may buy some online
i registered but no download possible yet :/ do you need to register a Virus hardware?
It seems there's something wrong with their site now, I can't seem to login, even after password reset.

Did you manage to sign up successfully, can you login now?

Anyway I don't remember registering my hardware, I bought it second hand even without a box I think.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

From last 10 years I had 3 Viruses TI2, but sold them everytime, because lot of problems with TI integrations (arp sync issues, lags, hanging tones, crashing etc...). I was very happy, when I saw some guys working on Virus Emulator (Osirus). Then I found Adam´s "baby" and I thought: "OK, it´s try to replicate Virus sound and even, it can import TI patches now, so I´ll give him shot. Yesterday I bought Viper and did A/B test (Viper vs. Osirus) and I´m quite impresed! Actualy, didn´t expect as so much accuracy, quality and autenticity! The timbre and character of TI sound is definetely there. Noticed only two major audible differencies:
1.Filter: Virus has more roughness (dirtiness...some sort of noise or aliasing) in filter. Sounds more agressive and punchy. Viper has smoother and rounder filter character.
2.Envelopes: Virus has snappier (quicker) envelopes with some "plucky" attack (really audible in filter envelope).
And then some differencies in low mids (Virus has more presence)...but, it can be easy corrected with EQing and saturating in your DAW. From yesterday I have big respect to Adam´s work. He did really great job and Viper sounds incredible! :clap:

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:05 am
boriskarloff wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:52 pm I'm impatient guy. I don't want to wait till summer for the sale so I just bought it. Thanks Adam for your enthusiastic effort and for the great result! 😊
Mario
Imo Adam deserves support on this and the price of Viper is more then fair. Its an awesome synth emulation that has its own (virus) sound which is the oppposite of many newly released synths. This easely could be sold for the same price as Sylenth1.

Guys dont wait for sale just to save few bucks. Its a 1 man company you would be supporting :-)
Fully agree!!!
For this price this synth have no competitor...

Hi
Just to let you know that Cubase 11 Pro blacklisted the latest version of Viper (Windows 10). I forced to enable it but is is now in red.
Fernando (FMR)

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:05 am
Mario

Yes, exactly. I have really a lot of great plugins and there is no need to buy another one but yesterday I felt like I have to reward Adam's effort into this plugin. Especially the import function. :tu:

Just came to say that awesome update! Thank you Adam! :party: :party: :party:

Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:07 pm i registered but no download possible yet :/ do you need to register a Virus hardware?
i registered....but, you are supposed to actually own a virus to get access (no pun intended) to the downloads. however...i tried to do that and its broken. i have an indigo and all i get is an error msg telling me my s/n is not valid. i mean...its the number on the sticker they put on the thing, so im pretty sure its valid and they just arent maintaining things over there very well.

unfortunately...it seems they have realized more people have guitars than want expensive synths...so all their time and effort is being put into kemper. the virus is pretty much dead.
ImageImageImage

recursive one wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:34 am

It seems there's something wrong with their site now, I can't seem to login, even after password reset.

Did you manage to sign up successfully, can you login now?

Anyway I don't remember registering my hardware, I bought it second hand even without a box I think.
I just checked the Access site again. It seems that it was temporarily broken, now I can login into my account and download the free sounds.

I also checked the details of the account, indeed it seems that I never registered my Virus. Registering the serial number gives you access to posting in some forum sections otherwise locked but you can get the dowlnoads without it.
Last edited by recursive one on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I'm still getting 'User account not activated' at the Virus Website.

Are there any other download patch/bank locations?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Komplete Kontrol issue:

User NKS works fine, but parameter changes do not get updated on the hardware controllers (Komplete Kontrol/Maschine MK3). Changes/automation are visible in the plugins. I don‘t have those experiences with other plugins (e. g- Sylenth), so this is an integration/display issue.

Viper works fine and stable, that‘s most important.
For all those of you who get the blacklist error inCubase Pro - just remove the 32 bit dll from your Viper folder, so it won‘t get scanned.

recursive one wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:50 pm

I just checked the Access site again. It seems that it was temporarily broken, now I can login into my account and download the free sounds.
sweet...thanks for posting this...i had given up. working now.

:tu:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”