Pixies - Where Is My Mind (cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Genetic_Junk
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2587 posts since 22 Dec, 2004

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:57 pm


User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
13127 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:11 pm

Did you use their original stems? Some of your parts sound exactly like the original.

Hewitt Huntwork
KVRian
1396 posts since 2 Jun, 2003

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:11 pm

In my opinion you've done a fantastic job on this. Congratulations!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1260 reviews each day!

Genetic_Junk
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2587 posts since 22 Dec, 2004

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:27 pm

Uncle E wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:11 pm Did you use their original stems? Some of your parts sound exactly like the original.
Nope, no stems. I did spend a good amount of time just analyzing the recording. Thanks for listening. :) If you want to hear my stems, I can upload them.
Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:11 pm In my opinion you've done a fantastic job on this. Congratulations!
Thanks very much!

User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
5795 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:38 pm

If the Pixies ever want to rerecord their greatest hits with more punch and clarity than the originals, they should hire you. Nice work!

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
13127 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 pm

Genetic_Junk wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:27 pm Nope, no stems. I did spend a good amount of time just analyzing the recording.
Great work. I saw them in 1989 and thought they were called The Pixies because they were little people. They played it that night.

User avatar
jonalyn
KVRist
364 posts since 24 Oct, 2008

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:04 pm

Amazing cover :clap: :clap:
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

yaroncmusic
KVRer
24 posts since 1 Jan, 2022

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:24 am

Great cover! I love that song

Chr!s
KVRist
84 posts since 22 May, 2020

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 am

Great work!

LocalTrack19
KVRist
257 posts since 4 Jul, 2020

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:16 pm

Well done! You have absolutely succeeded in capturing the spirit of the song, I love it!

Genetic_Junk
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2587 posts since 22 Dec, 2004

Post Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:03 am

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:38 pm If the Pixies ever want to rerecord their greatest hits with more punch and clarity than the originals, they should hire you. Nice work!
Thanks very much!
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 pm
Genetic_Junk wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:27 pm Nope, no stems. I did spend a good amount of time just analyzing the recording.
Great work. I saw them in 1989 and thought they were called The Pixies because they were little people. They played it that night.
Thank you. The first time I remember hearing this song was at the end of the film Fight Club. I've loved it since then.
jonalyn wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:04 pm Amazing cover :clap: :clap:
Thanks!
yaroncmusic wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:24 am Great cover! I love that song
Thank you. Me too.
Chr!s wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 amGreat work!
Thank you.
LocalTrack19 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:16 pm Well done! You have absolutely succeeded in capturing the spirit of the song, I love it!
Glad to hear it! Thank you for commenting.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
93681 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:48 am

brave move picking something so iconic, but definitely pays off :clap:

lovely cover 8)
advertise in this space.
call for rates.
555-wndrlnd

Danno
KVRist
431 posts since 11 Nov, 2003 from Vancouver. Canada

Post Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:04 am

Nice job!

User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
5114 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - The Mudway Towns

Post Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:30 am

Good cover
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

Return to “Music Cafe”