Confusion about Synthmaster 2 UI

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just purchased Synthmaster 2 (downloaded 2.9.11) and I'm a bit confused about the features and UI theme ...

First, Synthmaster 2's UI themes all look pretty dated, except for the white theme but I also see varying SM2 screenshots on the web where the theme looks much different (and more modern). Also, I don't get any piano roll to appear in my SM2 instance.

Example: On the product page image it shows this modern blue theme: https://static.synthmaster.com/sm_image ... _xt_m1.jpg but it's nowhere to be found in the SM2 theme presets.

Synthmaster One's UI looks more modern. I understand this is somewhat of a newer but lighter version of SM2. However in this video from Venus Theory https://youtu.be/i320JmSu1BU he talks about SM2 but the UI of it looks like a modern version of what I got in SM2. What gives?

Thirdly, is there any place where custom SM2 themes can be downloaded? I also don't understand how themes relate to presets. Do they change with different presets? So far I haven't come across any of such.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

sys2074 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:33 am Example: On the product page image it shows this modern blue theme: https://static.synthmaster.com/sm_image ... _xt_m1.jpg but it's nowhere to be found in the SM2 theme presets.
Hi,

did you check out the user manual ? you can change the current skin by right click -> "Change Global Skin". The following blue skin is THE default skin, unless you changed the skin while demoing (please delete the config file to reset it: {my documents folder}\SynthMaster\Config)

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.39.38.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:40 am did you check out the user manual ? you can change the current skin by right click -> "Change Global Skin". The following blue skin is THE default skin, unless you changed the skin while demoing (please delete the config file to reset it: {my documents folder}\SynthMaster\Config)
Hi,

nope, if I right-click and chose the Default Skin this is what I get:
snag_220211_0000.png
snag_220211_0001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

Found the issue ...

Not sure why but downloading from your website's User area the latest link gave me an outdated version initially (synthmaster29windowssetup.zip, ~320MB). I downloaded the latest and re-installed and works now as expected.

Yeah, it should :) you probably downloaded version 2.9.8. I guess it's time to remove that from our user area.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

The default skin is the best imo. If the purple could be changed to a different blue, it would be perfect! Is there anyway to change the purple colour??

I would like to see dates attached to versions so you know automatically the most current revision. That way, if there's an issue with one, you could also be then be able to go back to one that you knew worked.

You don't see dates in your user areas?
I think since 2020 or definitely by 2021 they have added dates.

rsp
sound sculptist

Guess it's been a while since I've used that then. lol

Return to “KV331 Audio”