MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I normalized audio file, pulled down all the gains on racks and master, still blew my ears and speakers. Is there a way to be sure audio always goes through master fader?

after i record clip into live Matrix and convert it that clip into audio sequence , i had to reassign that clip onto different key in note action to be able to trigger it from MIDI controller . in beta 9.0.35 . seems like a bug ?

dreammachine_nl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:57 pm Late to the party :party: ; I just downloaded MuLab 9 App!

In the 9.0.35 App, I found a bug wrt to the Audio Track's Monitor switch. It should have 3 options: Off, Monitor When Enabled, Monitor Always. Monitor When Enabled (red) doesn't work correctly: it always monitors the Audio Recorder's input (like Monitor Always, green).
You're right, a bug indeed. Will be fixed in the next M9.0.36.
Another bug wrt the Project Audio Input module inside the Composer modular area: although, by double-clicking it, it shows the 'Select Audio Inputs' window, it doesn't put through any audio from the selected inputs. Instead this modules behaves exactly the same as the regular Audio Input module inside the Composer modular area. It even makes an input pin appear on the Composer module; it probably shouldn't do that.
Same goes for the Project Event Input inside the Composer modular area: it is indistinguishable from the 'normal' Event Input and behaves exactly the same (pin and all).
True again. Will also be fixed in the next M9.0.36.

Pls note that it is not supported to have project IO or polysynth IO inside the composer modular area. That bug allowed that but if you added such IO to the composer modular area then pls remove those IO modules from the composer(s) in your projects/presets to avoid incompatibility complications.

Both bugs are consequences of the intense code reworks between M8 and M9.
Thanks for spotting & reporting these!

robert_p wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:15 pm Hi, Is there any way to display Program Change message on the automation lane? I can see that all 128 cc controllers and plugin parameters are available for use, but Program Change works only with the list editor.
No, background reason is that Program Change events are not really regarded as curve values.
Anyway, i can imagine in some cases it could be handy to be able to see/edit them there too.
Taken note on the (long) wishlist.

ruffindajungle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:53 pm I normalized audio file, pulled down all the gains on racks and master, still blew my ears and speakers. Is there a way to be sure audio always goes through master fader?
Eventhough there indeed is some built-in default routing for new racks, essentially you have to ensure that yourself by applying the relevant routing. Could you find the audio path that caused that unexpected high volume? If so then evaluate how you can improve the audio path so to avoid that situation. Feel free to elaborate on this case if you think MuLab really makes a mistake somewhere. Hope your ears are ok. Please take good care of them.

Bako wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:34 pm after i record clip into live Matrix and convert it that clip into audio sequence , i had to reassign that clip onto different key in note action to be able to trigger it from MIDI controller . in beta 9.0.35 . seems like a bug ?
When you convert a clip, it creates a new clip of the new type. So if you had note action mapped clip A and then convert it to clip B then you may indeed want to update the note action map, as that's not automatic in M9.0.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I found the solution that works for me, so It’s not a big problem: I connected the MIDI Event Generator to the 3rd party MIDI Converter inside the MUX to transform CC-0 msg. to Prog Change message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

humanboeing wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:21 pm
mutools wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:14 pm Not sure what you mean, Freq Spectrum Analyzer animates fluently here. Pls elaborate, maybe using a screen video.
I'm having problems with Internet connection. Will make a vid once it gets back to normal.
I sorted out problems with connection and wanted to make a screen recording of it but with the latest Mulab version it works just fine :tu:

humanboeing wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:30 pmI sorted out problems with connection and wanted to make a screen recording of it but with the latest Mulab version it works just fine :tu:
Hidden feature of the "Start video recorder" is "fix my internet"?

pljones wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:19 pm
humanboeing wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:30 pmI sorted out problems with connection and wanted to make a screen recording of it but with the latest Mulab version it works just fine :tu:
Hidden feature of the "Start video recorder" is "fix my internet"?
Nooo it was something different :D
The quote reffered to a post in which I stated that the frequency spectrum analyzer stutters in Mulab plugin.

Thx for the update on this humanboeing. Maybe that GUI stutter was when having many/intense VST editors open at the same time? Anyway, good to hear it's ok now.

Note zone mapper module shows 17 output pins but the zones can be mapped only to 16, it's bug right?

humanboeing wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:19 am Note zone mapper module shows 17 output pins but the zones can be mapped only to 16, it's bug right?
No, that's not a bug.
Please see https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mu ... dules.html and search for "Note Zone Mapper":

"This module lets you define key zones and each such zone can be assigned to one of the 16 event outputs. So, for example, zone C3 to B3 goes to output 1, C4 to B4 goes to output 2 and C5 to B5 goes to output 3. These event outputs will only send out the note events.

The very last output will bypass any non-note events like pitch-bend etc.
That way you have precise control to what should happen to these events.
For example you can also connect it to all outputs so to send thru pitch-bend."

I found a weird behaviour when changing devices between MuVerb and MuEcho, the replace function preserves connections in modular area (which I think is how it should be) but the connections are lost when you switch devices through the front panel preset browser. Moreover, the module visible in modular area does not update its name even though the device itself is changed. Tested on latest Reaper release with latest Mulab Plugin version.

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:05 am
Bako wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:34 pm after i record clip into live Matrix and convert it that clip into audio sequence , i had to reassign that clip onto different key in note action to be able to trigger it from MIDI controller . in beta 9.0.35 . seems like a bug ?
When you convert a clip, it creates a new clip of the new type. So if you had note action mapped clip A and then convert it to clip B then you may indeed want to update the note action map, as that's not automatic in M9.0.
no . i don't create new clip just convert recocorded clip into sequenced clip .its same clip .if you mean by (it creates a new clip of the new type ) its all happening under the hood then i understand

Return to “MUTOOLS”