SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

I was installing vst2. And choose my folder. But still the installer put the dlll in c:
Simple and repetive are my middle names

kv331 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:04 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:55 pm There is something wrong with the installer. It installs DLLs to C disk despite having selected different directory and doesnt show full plugin anymore. Instead i see this.
VST3 is installed to a fixed location on Windows, under Program Files\Common Files\VST3

VST2 is installed to the location that the user chooses.
i just installed the new revision, same problem, no new vst2 dll has been created in my chosen folder, there's no new dll installed anywhere, just the previous dll so synthmaster won't load, this is the first time i've ever had problems installing new versions of synthmaster

elv wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:25 pm I was installing vst2. And choose my folder. But still the installer put the dlll in c:
Testing this asap.

EDIT: I tested with both the full setup and the update setup on Windows. Chose different locations for the VST2 dlls, they installed correctly to the folder that I chose. Sorry guys, If I can't reproduce an issue I can't fix it :?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I said I wouldn't but alas..

on mac.. thank you.. for the renaming, and on mac only the vst3 shows as it should.

on pc however:
the list still shows vst2 and vst3, but I can't load the vst2 one, just shows up in the list but nuendo can't load it, but it loads the vst3 one fine..

it also seems to have a preferential folder for vst2 on pc... and even though I tell it my older folder that I liked, though it does install it there fine, if I try the installer again it ignores my folder of choice and shows its folder of choice as a default..
hope that makes sense

(I want c:\program folder\steinberg\vst\kv331 and it seems to offer c:\program folder\vst2\kv331 as its default)
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

thx bulent so far,

btw, i had the "little window" problem too. i just chose my preferred skin again via right click in the little window. it then resized to proper size and skin.^^

i rolled back to my lastest backup version til the problems got settled. ;D

zvenx wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:59 pm
on pc however:
the list still shows vst2 and vst3, but I can't load the vst2 one, just shows up in the list but nuendo can't load it, but it loads the vst3 one fine..
Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for reporting this. Could you install the update once again, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijutscyw01nvv ... p.zip?dl=0

(I am uploading to our server as well)

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Thanks, well good news and bad news.

The good news:
Only the vst3 shows now.

the bad news.

It loads fine in Cubendo 12,
then I choose my preferred default patch..
so far so good,

then I save a default preset in SB which is the way you can set up a default instance, patch, skin, size etc... and then trying any instance after that Nuendo crashed. (I emailed you the dmp although I know dumps on windows are not as useful as they are on macs).
Deleting the SB default.vst3 saved preset and it seems to be fine.. so it is just something about saving a default preset in Cubendo that it doesnt like.
rsp
sound sculptist

Using Studio One, on Windows 10, I opened a couple of past projects from 2-4 years ago that contained Synthmaster 2.9.12, and the plugin loaded correctly recalling the saved preset.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:51 pm Using Studio One, on Windows 10, I opened a couple of past projects from 2-4 years ago that contained Synthmaster 2.9.12, and the plugin loaded correctly recalling the saved preset.
:tu: loading older VST2 settings in DAW project files should work without any issues, and once you save the project it saves as VST3.
Works at KV331 Audio

zvenx wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:16 pm the bad news.

It loads fine in Cubendo 12,
then I choose my preferred default patch..
so far so good,

then I save a default preset in SB which is the way you can set up a default instance, patch, skin, size etc... and then trying any instance after that Nuendo crashed. (I emailed you the dmp although I know dumps on windows are not as useful as they are on macs).
Deleting the SB default.vst3 saved preset and it seems to be fine.. so it is just something about saving a default preset in Cubendo that it doesnt like.
rsp
I can confirm this issue with Cubase Pro 11 on Windows 11 using the latest SM2 VST3 update posted above. As zvenx described, saving a preset as default and then creating a new instance makes Cubase immediately crash.

Ups, again bad news: it seems the whole preset saving functionality on Cubase is now broken. Using the latest SM2 VST3, if you save a SM2 patch as vstpreset and then try to reload it, Cubase crashes. However, I can also confirm that vstpresets saved with previous SM2 VST2 versions load just fine, so maybe it is only the SM2 VST3 that is not saving vstpresets correctly.

Sahul wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:11 pm Ups, again bad news: it seems the whole preset saving functionality on Cubase is now broken. Using the latest SM2 VST3, if you save a SM2 patch as vstpreset and then try to reload it, Cubase crashes. However, I can also confirm that vstpresets saved with previous SM2 VST2 versions load just fine, so maybe it is only the SM2 VST3 that is not saving vstpresets correctly.
Could you install this update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbz4cbqyez8gu ... p.zip?dl=0

(I am currently uploading this on the server)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:32 pm Could you install this update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbz4cbqyez8gu ... p.zip?dl=0
That worked, no more crashes, thanks a lot! :clap:

kv331 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:45 pm
elv wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:25 pm I was installing vst2. And choose my folder. But still the installer put the dlll in c:
Testing this asap.

EDIT: I tested with both the full setup and the update setup on Windows. Chose different locations for the VST2 dlls, they installed correctly to the folder that I chose. Sorry guys, If I can't reproduce an issue I can't fix it :?
Same problem, update didint fixed it

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:34 pm Same problem, update didint fixed it
If I can reproduce the issue, I will fix it.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”