SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:47 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:34 pm Same problem, update didint fixed it
If I can reproduce the issue, I will fix it.
Installer "finds" default location itself but for some reason adds folder Synthmaster Player to install. After changing to the correct folder installer still installs to C Disk.

kv331 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:59 pm
on pc however:
the list still shows vst2 and vst3, but I can't load the vst2 one, just shows up in the list but nuendo can't load it, but it loads the vst3 one fine..
Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for reporting this. Could you install the update once again, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijutscyw01nvv ... p.zip?dl=0

(I am uploading to our server as well)

Bulent
Good here too.. (except that BT fm whatever it is called patched I mentioned before with no sound)

Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

installed the latest via in synth update like bulent said and so far no more probs.
thx bulent!

Just got my update here about an hour ago - and even with the latest update - and I installed this thing 3 times now - the installer is placing the dlls in the right spot but I see nothing (no VST2 OR VST3 or anything) appear in Studio One. Studio One appears to scan the dlls correctly - but they do not appear.

I have confimred with 100% certainty that Studio One is scanning my 4 specific VST locations correctly.

Can also confirm that using SM2 does not load either in Komplete Kontrol :
2022-04-28_14-17-36.png
More fixes needed - and lots of time wasted so far.

Cheers

VP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:27 pm
More fixes needed - and lots of time wasted so far.
You have a specific installation issue in your system. Make sure you install the dll's to the correct locations that the DAWs recognize. and make sure the DAWs did not blacklist our plugins.

We can not reproduce that behavior.
Last edited by kv331 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:49 pm
Installer "finds" default location itself but for some reason adds folder Synthmaster Player to install. After changing to the correct folder installer still installs to C Disk.
Just uploaded this new build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ood3fp9arpcs ... p.zip?dl=0

Are you still seeing the same behaviour in the installer? Thanks for your bug report, I was able to find "SynthMaster Player" references in the "SynthMaster" installer InnoSetup script, which was basicly due to copy/paste errors.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:40 pmYou have a specific installation issue in your system. Make sure you install the dll's to the correct locations that the DAWs recognize. and make sure the DAWs did not blacklist our plugins.
Respectfully disagree with your accessment as I have installed tons of plugins successfully - including your own Synthmaster 1 last week - that worked just great.

I will snag this latest update you just posted and try again.

But I have now cleaned the package off the machine three times now and even the 2.9 version (WITHOUT adding in the latest update) was still not installed correctly and could not be detected by Studio One.

To be 100% clear on what I am doing - I will try again (and add in your new package uploaded in the last 10 minutes) and screencap all my install screens - so you can see exactly where everything is being installed and what the outcome is at the end - even within Studio One.

Will return in 15 or so with an update.

Cheers

VP

Back after a full clean install of both the 2.9 main installer AND the very latest update - and ensured to have the installer use all the defaults suggested and still no joy:
2022-04-28_15-25-53.png
All I get in Studio one is Synthmaster 1.

I dropped and recreated the plugin list within Studio One twice and could see Studio One finding and scanning both the Synthmaster2.dll and Synthmaster2FX.dll files during the plugin scan. They were not added to the blacklist and they do not appear in the plugin manager window as above or in the Instruments area in the S1 browser.

Have never seen anything like it. I may actually ditch the SM1 install now too and start completely from scratch.

Cheers

VP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:30 pm
Have never seen anything like it. I may actually ditch the SM1 install now too and start completely from scratch.

Cheers

VP
Use the standalone app to check if it's throwing up an authorisation request, some hosts fail to scan plugins that are sat waiting for user input

If it is asking for auth, then auth in standalone, then go back to S1 and scan

NikkiA wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:52 pmUse the standalone app to check if it's throwing up an authorisation request, some hosts fail to scan plugins that are sat waiting for user input

If it is asking for auth, then auth in standalone, then go back to S1 and scan
Makes sense - but if I go to the "standalone" icons in the Start Menu - and click the one labelled Synthmaster (should be named Synthmaster 2 BTW) - nothing happens.

So then I trace the start menu shortcut and find the file it's referencing:
2022-04-28_15-58-18.png
And then double click this file - (checking that it's the latest copy I just installed (and it is)
2022-04-28_15-58-47.png
- and still nothing happens...so off I go to Event Viewer and now I see the issue:
2022-04-28_16-49-43.png
App crash on the Synthmaster2.exe file.

Not sure what else I can do now except uninstall this and see if the dev comes through. Shame tho - Synthmaster 1 was a breeze to install and worked great right off the hop. Whatever he did for that installer - you would think it would be the same for this one - but there is clearly some major problems here somewhere.

Kinda strange too that this executable has a version of 2.9.9.4 but maybe it's not in sync with the 2.9.12 release announcement?

I am not doing anything special or unique here - simply following the prompts and getting nothing working.

Cheers

VP

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:43 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:49 pm
Just uploaded this new build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ood3fp9arpcs ... p.zip?dl=0

Are you still seeing the same behaviour in the installer? Thanks for your bug report, I was able to find "SynthMaster Player" references in the "SynthMaster" installer InnoSetup script, which was basicly due to copy/paste errors.
Still installs in C:\

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:10 am Still installs in C:\
Ok let's try one more time, this is my final -tested- build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0d7alffkhyy4 ... p.zip?dl=0
Works at KV331 Audio

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:02 pm
Kinda strange too that this executable has a version of 2.9.9.4 but maybe it's not in sync with the 2.9.12 release announcement?

I am not doing anything special or unique here - simply following the prompts and getting nothing working.
The standalone version text might out wrong, you can disregard that. As long as file timestamp is recent, no problem.

Let's do a clean installation one last time:

1. Delete Program Files\KV331 Audio\SynthMaster folder
2. Delete My Documents\SynthMaster folder (backup your presets, waveforms, and SynthMasterLicenseKey.txt file. You are going to need the values in the license key file to enter into )
3. Delete Public Documents\SynthMaster folder
4. Install latest setup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtpmw46kaam7u ... p.zip?dl=0

Then, run the standalone SynthMaster2.exe

Expected result:
synthmasterstandalone.jpg
For reference, these are the hosts that we tested SynthMaster v2.9.12:

Standalone Windows
Reaper 6 Win/Mac
Komplete Kontrol Win/Mac
FL Studio 20 Win/Mac
Studio One 5 Win/Mac
Logic 10.7 Mac
ProTools 12 Mac
Ableton Live 11 Mac
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:37 am
Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:10 am Still installs in C:\
Ok let's try one more time, this is my final -tested- build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0d7alffkhyy4 ... p.zip?dl=0
it works!~thank you :)

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:04 am it works!~thank you :)
Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention :hug: :hug: :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”