One Synth Challenge #158: Surrealistic MG-1 Plus by Cherry Audio (MilksterX Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer

noitka wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:02 pm I saw that sonnybones left the challenge, so i voted new and unfortunately had to improve the list after I had heard some tracks with loudspeakers. Sorry for this!
No problem. You can amend your list right up to the end of voting. Do add some comments via Soundcloud if you can. Even it's only to say "Yes! I like this transition/chord change" etc!

dB

Phew! Done voting now. I can get on to this month's track...

empphryio wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:19 am I'm also using Brave and no ads. I thought it was that I have the pro (12 dollars a month) soundcloud but maybe it's just brave. Maybe both.
I have Pro too but just was using Chrome and have never heard an ad yet on Soundclound.

I am also sorry to everyone getting advertising on my track being pro means we can monetise it too if I am lucky I might have made a whole 8c back lol.

Have voted.

I believe, this is one of the rare occasion in the last few years of my OSC participation where I have given plenty of 5s and 4s.

As i don't (rarely ever) comment on OSC tracks, i feel it is necessary to explain how I go about awarding points in OSC.

I am a sucker for catchy tunes (regardless of the song's mixing or sound design). So, my reasoning behind awarding 5 or 4 points is based on the simple concept of Songs that touched a chord with me (with plus/minus near pro sounding mixing and sound designing). The remaining songs get 3 points (no 2 pointers from me, this time).

All the songs (multiple times over the last week or so) were listened using my year old el cheapo IEMs from Boult Audio on a Laptop.

Cheers!

Only took 8 days but....

VOTED

I must say of all the comps I've taken part in I really like the voting mechanism in OSC the best. Its really transparent and user friendly. Kudos to whomever designed that.
I like E-Dm but I like music with other chords too

doctorbob wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:12 pm
noitka wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:02 pm I saw that sonnybones left the challenge, so i voted new and unfortunately had to improve the list after I had heard some tracks with loudspeakers. Sorry for this!
No problem. You can amend your list right up to the end of voting. Do add some comments via Soundcloud if you can. Even it's only to say "Yes! I like this transition/chord change" etc!

dB
Yeah. I also intend to go back and comment on SC. I'll only have the bandwidth to do that on my 5* votes and hopefully I'll get to it this week.
I like E-Dm but I like music with other chords too

If you get annoyed by the ads (who doesn't?), I find that you can close down the SC session and re-open again via the voting page it then plays without the ad - no need to listen all the way through.

Hope it works for you.

dB

BrainBeatMusic wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:09 am
empphryio wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:19 am I'm also using Brave and no ads. I thought it was that I have the pro (12 dollars a month) soundcloud but maybe it's just brave. Maybe both.
I have Pro too but just was using Chrome and have never heard an ad yet on Soundclound.

I am also sorry to everyone getting advertising on my track being pro means we can monetise it too if I am lucky I might have made a whole 8c back lol.
If you had submitted first for Surge, you could have gotten 30k listens over a couple years. That might get you 8 cents.

Voted!

I have voted.

Thank you all for your kind and helpful replies. Due to the stunning ammount of submissions I was not able to comment under every piece, but I am deeply impressed by the large ammount of good tracks. It feels like I found a well trained and skillful community here, I'm already looking forward to the next challenge.
Cheers

J O

I have voted.
A lot of great material and a really fun experience, already trying something for the next challenge.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback and the coments.

I have voted and manage to comment on all the tracks despite Soundcloud blocking me from commenting (for making too many comments!). :)

Well done everyone and a warm welcome to all the newcomers. Hope some of you stay around for the next challenges. This is a good place to make music, get helpful comments and suggestions from fellow musicians. If you get to the top 5 (and claim a prize) , then that's a super bonus. :party:

Here you have the incentive to make a track and finish it (we are all guilty of not finishing tracks eh?), and also learn how to program a new synth each month, and get help with mixing and mastering. :D

All in all, a great place. :clap:

Finally, big thanks to Richard and Brian for keeping this challenge going. I'm sure we all very much appreciate the work that goes into maintaining everything. Stars, both of you! :tu: :clap: :clap:

dB

I'm afraid I'm done voting. I had to somewhat revise my votes, because I've been a little grumpy lately. That's also the reason I mostly refrained from commenting. Apologies for that...

Good day!
i took part in One Synth Challenge #158. Now i try to vote...but there are difficulties...i cannot connect via my email in voting...when i try via "the forget password function" is not sending a link to reconnect..when i try to make a new account nothing....i changed nrowser also...i logged in only 1 time, but with refresh function the tracks were no more visible to vote...in KVR PAGE i can log in normally...opinions?

tauma8 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:40 am Good day!
i took part in One Synth Challenge #158. Now i try to vote...but there are difficulties...i cannot connect via my email in voting...when i try via "the forget password function" is not sending a link to reconnect..when i try to make a new account nothing....i changed nrowser also...i logged in only 1 time, but with refresh function the tracks were no more visible to vote...in KVR PAGE i can log in normally...opinions?
The voting page does not work with your KVR login. You have to make a different account on that page. Also, before you ask, this month, the page seems to have a problem with firefox. Best use a different browser.

Return to “Instruments”