MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a thought, and maybe too early for suggestions/requests, but wouldn't it be an easier solution for colouring tracks/racks/sequences if colours were available directly in the Sidebar Browser as opposed to, or perhaps in addition to, the current Colour Palette system?

Here is a preview of a video that explains the new composer modularity.
Comments are welcome, video still is editable at this point.
More videos coming soon.

Edit: Video has been edited, new version more below.

https://youtu.be/0yiuXaMxGwk

Looks good. It's safe to say Mulab is the deepest of daws. Maybe as a future video feature, could you demonstrate joining one composer to another for midi control over the note action map? It's a most excellent selling point, one people should know about. It's fine if you don't, maybe I could do a demo video for it if you don't mind. Good day-

It would be nice to have a video, in which the new features can be seen in action, how they work together and what is possible. But perhaps some users will make these kind of videos.

Watching that video makes me think that the two icons for viewing the different modular structures should be different in some way in order to avoid confusion.

Hoanui wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 pm Watching that video makes me think that the two icons for viewing the different modular structures should be different in some way in order to avoid confusion.
Yeah, I've been thinking the same whilst working with the beta... I'd not want something that makes them too different: essentially they mean the same thing, they're just associated with different <programmer mode>objects</programmer mode>... At the moment, they're in the palette for the thing they're associated with and that's all the separatation they have. I understand why it's been done like that but... it's not easy to remember at a glance which is which, I have to go into hard thinking mode, rather interrupting the creative flow.

mutools wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:55 am Here is a preview of a video that explains the new composer modularity.
Comments are welcome, video still is editable at this point.
More videos coming soon.

https://youtu.be/0yiuXaMxGwk
Fantastic video! Only thing I would recommend is to show the submenu for setting a composer as the main module. Other than that, this video is brilliant!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Hoanui wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 pm Watching that video makes me think that the two icons for viewing the different modular structures should be different in some way in order to avoid confusion.
pljones wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:49 pm I understand why it's been done like that but... it's not easy to remember at a glance which is which, I have to go into hard thinking mode, rather interrupting the creative flow.
As a mnemonic: The one near the project button = project modular area.
I'm confident muscle memory will get used to it.
May be re-evaluated lateron.

Here is a 2nd version of the Modular Composer video, taken your feedback into account:

* Showing a concrete context menu with "Set As Project Main Module" instead of the text bubble.

* Better explained MuLab's modularity, which also better explains why there are 2 modular area buttons on a MuLab DAW project window.

Most prominent changes at 57" and 1'53".

Edit: Video has been edited, new version more below.

https://youtu.be/jZxBMfXb0OE

The concept is central to understanding the uniqueness of M9, but the important information is mostly spoken. Because many people do not process verbal information well, I suggest the visuals tell a story by themselves.

For example:
- Rather than have that series of screenshots flying by, add them one by one around the logo, large and long enough to identify.
- Show a screenshot to illustrate "any hybrid combination of these."

The "use MuLab 9 in the same way as Mulab 8" section should be earlier (0:29) and simpler, e.g. "when you open MuLab 9 you can instantly start to compose just like in MuLab 8 with each project having its own modular area. But in MuLab 9 the composer is also a module, so you can now use multiple composers." Then:

- Show a screenshot or a short demo to illustrate "some just laying a couple of loops while others playing more lengthy compositions"
- Show a screenshot or change part of the demo, to illustrate "more creative options and more flexibility."
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:29 am Because many people do not process verbal information well, I suggest the visuals tell a story by themselves.
Previously i thought so too but got quite some comments that there was a voice missing in the videos. So i guess it's about a good balance.
Show a screenshot or a short demo to illustrate "some just laying a couple of loops while others playing more lengthy compositions"
Ok, added a quick popup for "...playing a couple of loops..." and "...more lengthy compisition..." at time 0:37.

So here is a 3rd version of the Modular Composer video:

https://youtu.be/x4lwut2ivg8

Thanks you all for making this video better :tu:

I have a question regarding the previous name MUX - was it taken from electronics 'multiplexer'?

There is no real sensible explanation for that name, it's mainly just a name.
(maybe a blend of little irrational inspirations)

I just noticed that a selected module in the modular area isn't much different in colour from the background:
MuLabPalette.png
Non-selected modules are clear enough:
MuLabPalette2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, known issue, will be fixed in the next update. Thanks.

Return to “MUTOOLS”