Question about Sampler and Drum Machine

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So here I am having a lot of AKAI sample ISO files and most of the converters (Extreme Sample Converter - avoid chickensys) and while I can load most of them in Ableton Sampler and Kontakt I am looking to find a way to load these in Bitwig Sampler.

I am not expecting industry to adopt yet another sampler standard although it would be awesome to be able to purchase WaveAlchemy drum samples ready in kit presets for Bitwig Drum Machine.
Obviously I can create my own kits.

What I am asking is perhaps there is some converter made by someone or something similar which could convert from:
Battery, Live, Kontakt or Halion into the Bitwig Sampler or Drum Machine?

How are you doing it ?

Just load your Drum Rack in Ableton with your samples and save the project.
Open that project in Bitwig and your Drum Rack is ready.

Of course, the samples from the Ableton's Packs (Ableton proprietary format) do not work that way, they need to be consolidated first. Anything else is fine.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:46 pm Just load your Drum Rack in Ableton with your samples and save the project.
Open that project in Bitwig and your Drum Rack is ready.

Of course, the samples from the Ableton's Packs (Ableton proprietary format) do not work that way, they need to be consolidated first. Anything else is fine.
Thank you! Any tip is more then welcome. I am actually finding forum places to be great resources to learn Bitwig. Have a great day.

:tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

kmonkey wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:06 am I am not expecting industry to adopt yet another sampler standard although it would be awesome to be able to purchase WaveAlchemy drum samples ready in kit presets for Bitwig Drum Machine.
Obviously I can create my own kits.

What I am asking is perhaps there is some converter made by someone or something similar which could convert from:
Battery, Live, Kontakt or Halion into the Bitwig Sampler or Drum Machine?

How are you doing it ?
I'm doing it the tedious way... I preview kits in Battery then if I want them in Bitwig for projects I need to share, I'll go through and map the samples into Bitwig Drum Machine.

I don't do this all that often. And mostly I don't use a full kit, but build up something custom.

Not the best method for sure.

Return to “Bitwig”