Blue Cat's Connector 1.1 Released (Incl. ASIO Driver)!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Connector

A free update for Blue Cat's Connector has just been released!

What's New For Blue Cat's Connector 1.1:
- New MIDI activity meter for send and receive.
- Free Windows ASIO slave driver for Connector: install the driver and use it in any ASIO-compatible app. Connect with the Connector plug-in anywhere and stream audio to and from the app directly.
- Fixed burst noise that could be heard randomly upon first reception.
- Fixed unexpected 1 sample-latency upon reception.
- VST3: fixed parameters update issues in some host applications.

Enjoy!

And here is the new Connector ASIO driver in action:

Question: I make videos where I screen-record my Mac with the native app, review plugins in Cubase, and record my VO and Cubase into separate tracks in Logic Pro (so I can fully edit and mix them later).

This is normally easy with my full Focusrite 8i8 interface, which has a Loopback feature that I can configure with the mixer.

However, I had to relocate and downsize to a Focusrite 2i2, which has no loopback, and the mixer is can't create any discreet I/O for this purpose. I'm stuck with input 1/2 for everything.

Can I use Connector to create a setup where I can record Cubase into Logic whilst recording my mic? I've kind-of got this going with Rogue Amoeba's Loopback, but it's tenuous at best. Thanks!

It should indeed work: just place an instance of Connector on Cubase's Master bus to send audio, and another instance on an aux in Logic to receive the signal. You can then record the aux onto a track.

Just make sure that you use the same buffer size in both apps to get the lowest possible latency.

One thing I assumed (hoped) Connector would be able to do was multiple Receivers for a single Sender signal. But tested this today and found otherwise (which the manual also seems to confirm).

I realize that may be tricky in general because of the network-based host:port single connection model, but maybe you could support multiple receivers at least for App mode? (I know there are IPC techniques that other audio plugins use that allow multiple plugins to tap into the same source signal).

Haven't tried it out but it's not listed as working so I'll ask, is it possible to use Connector with MainStage now? I've already bought Connector but I think figuring out whatever is preventing Connector from working with virtual instruments in MainStage would be a great project for an update. This would instantly make Connector a must buy for anyone owning a Mac since MainStage costs peanuts. :)

EricBarndollar wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:16 am One thing I assumed (hoped) Connector would be able to do was multiple Receivers for a single Sender signal. But tested this today and found otherwise (which the manual also seems to confirm).

I realize that may be tricky in general because of the network-based host:port single connection model, but maybe you could support multiple receivers at least for App mode? (I know there are IPC techniques that other audio plugins use that allow multiple plugins to tap into the same source signal).
It is indeed technically feasible. However this would cause synchronization issues (each sender may have different buffer sizes and clocks), that's why it has not been implemented this way. It is a bit more work to add several instances, but at least you can control the synchronization properly.

machinesworking wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:45 am Haven't tried it out but it's not listed as working so I'll ask, is it possible to use Connector with MainStage now? I've already bought Connector but I think figuring out whatever is preventing Connector from working with virtual instruments in MainStage would be a great project for an update. This would instantly make Connector a must buy for anyone owning a Mac since MainStage costs peanuts. :)
That's indeed something we have not tried yet. There is no particular reason why it would not work, but who knows the logic behind Mainstage...? ;-)

New videos about the PolyVibe univibe plug-in have been published, check them out!

PolyVibe dissected by White Noise Studios:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOj2IcisC_o

Have you tried Univibe on synths yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGWd5VyHuY

In-depth chat & demo with Carlo Libertini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qmGfg0T-U

By the way, it's the last day for the introduction offer, don't miss it!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:23 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:45 am Haven't tried it out but it's not listed as working so I'll ask, is it possible to use Connector with MainStage now? I've already bought Connector but I think figuring out whatever is preventing Connector from working with virtual instruments in MainStage would be a great project for an update. This would instantly make Connector a must buy for anyone owning a Mac since MainStage costs peanuts. :)
That's indeed something we have not tried yet. There is no particular reason why it would not work, but who knows the logic behind Mainstage...? ;-)
I'm being persistent about this, because it cracks all the Logic plug ins out of Logic. It would be 100% a serious selling point to Connector. It's cool enough being able to use it with Logic, but I think it's plain why it would be preferable to be able to use it with Mainstage. for one $29 VS $199 for people who have no need for Logic. :)

I am happily using connector to pipe Mainstage and AU only instruments into Bitwig. it was my main motivation to buy it…

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:52 am I am happily using connector to pipe Mainstage and AU only instruments into Bitwig. it was my main motivation to buy it…
So you have finally managed to solve your connection issues?

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:52 am I am happily using connector to pipe Mainstage and AU only instruments into Bitwig. it was my main motivation to buy it…
I've not been able to get it to work, I can get instruments from Logic into Bitwig etc. but not MainStage. Any tricks to this?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:27 pm
So you have finally managed to solve your connection issues?
Yes, but I use IAC to send the Midi… Works now, and is a bit easier to set up as I only need to deal with ports for the audio connection from Mainstage…
machinesworking wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:56 pm I've not been able to get it to work, I can get instruments from Logic into Bitwig etc. but not MainStage. Any tricks to this?
It was a bit tricky to get Mainstage to listen to the IAC bus only, as you need to prevent your keyboard to go there as well. Or you get double note on/offs which then leads to confusion/stuck notes…
You need to assign the IAC bus in the Layout area for all elements...
Try these:
MPE AU to Bitwig via Connector.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”