Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

If you buy TDZ, you will also get Z3 for free.
Rsp
sound sculptist

rafa1981 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:06 pm Owners of Z2 get ZLegacy and can upgrade to Z3 for 30 bucks.

Owners of Z2 + HZ get Zlegacy and Z3.

Owners of Zlegacy that bought the product brand new get no upgrade path to Z3.
Ah, just the crystal clarity I was looking for!

Very exciting stuff, can’t wait for this to see the light of day!!

Thank you for the update Uhe and wish you all the best. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Inspiron wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:51 am So, currently it wouldn't make sense to buy TDZ/any Zebra soundsets unless you really don't want to wait the few months and get them for free?
You might want to give some extra support to Urs, which would also make sense… But you could as well buy one of his less pricey products which would even make more sense…
I guess the DZ market is squeezed out already…

I'm wondering what the pricing of Z3 will be. I only own Diva from U-he. I've been holding off for a potential Z3 update for a long time but this thread makes me think that I should buy Z2 + TDZ now in order to not have to pay extra after the cutoff date. I wonder if it'll be a lot more expensive than the combined price of Z2 + TDZ or It'll stay the same as those combined and the new legacy will instead drop in price.

TDZ is 99 and the upgrade fee from Z2 30, so if the intent is only to save money you save more by buying Zebra 2 and paying the fee later.

Thanks for the update Urs! This is great news.

Is there any rough ETA regarding the transition to Zebra Legacy? I imagine it will be in 2022 but are we talking winter rather than summer?

Asking because I'm about to release a new Zebra 2 library in a couple of weeks. With these news I might as well just delay the release a bit and make it for ZebraHZ which all current and future owners will have once upgraded to Legacy.

I would have no problem waiting a month or two, but I really wouldn't want to wait 6 months :)

I can't really give an estimate. We think it should be close to the beta/release of Zebralette 3. There's a technical "unknown" to this as it currently performs badly on Windows, UI-wise. We probably need to deploy hardware acceleration for the UI, so we think it'll be a rather long beta process. Also, we want this to be a CLAP plug-in. Progress has been amazing on this, but it takes longer than we anticipated. Hence, late summer is a super optimistic estimate, winter is more likely for a release.

No vst3?!

TENETfanboy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 pm No vst3?!
Z2 is already vst3. he's talking about CLAP as an additional format so no need for vst3 panic.

Urs wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:53 pm I can't really give an estimate. We think it should be close to the beta/release of Zebralette 3. There's a technical "unknown" to this as it currently performs badly on Windows, UI-wise. We probably need to deploy hardware acceleration for the UI, so we think it'll be a rather long beta process. Also, we want this to be a CLAP plug-in. Progress has been amazing on this, but it takes longer than we anticipated. Hence, late summer is a super optimistic estimate, winter is more likely for a release.
No worries! take your time and looking forward to the future!

Really appreiated this update. Thanks.

Very exciting news! :party: Thank you for the update!

I've been a very happy owner of Zebra2 + Dark Zebra. Sure it's been a long time in the making for Zebra3, but the anticipation over the years has been fun (and all of the updates to Zebra2 and Dark Zebra have been very appreciated).

I've always wondered what would come first—Zebra3 or Sonic Charge's Synplant 2 :) It's a fairly similar story where news of Synplant 2 was shared very early on (I think it might've relatively been around the same time). I guess which one will be released first is still yet to be seen, but this sounds closer right now!

Great idea with Zebra Legacy. I know many people who are Dark Knight fans, who don't use synthesizers or use them often enough to justify the cost of Zebra2 + Dark Zebra, but would go bananas over having those presets at their fingertips. Curious what the "very attractive price" will be.

Hi Urs and sorry that I am being so obtuse (aka stupid).

I own Zebra 2 and want Zebra 3. Is the cheapest way to do this to upgrade to the Dark Zebra now?

Many thanks - happy owner of many of your amazing products.

Return to “u-he”