wanted: Embedded-linux based midi controller hosting the U-he linux ports

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Powered by phone charger, usb, or batteries, no nks, no computer, no daw required, just bring some fingers, brains, and headphones. Financially,
having 'second' licenses in some cases, would be no issue, priced around $1000 including built-in Zebra, Diva, Hive, Repro, and Bazille. What a happy beast that would be. 'Embedded linux' is used by many big-name audio companies, I'm pretty sure Abique could be a welcome addition to the payroll for such a project. The 'U-he ZL' might be a cool name, in light of the recent superbooth news.
Cheers

How would a physical UI for Zebra work?

imrae wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:10 am How would a physical UI for Zebra work?
Lego bricks. :hihi:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

imrae wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:10 am How would a physical UI for Zebra work?
I'm guessing it would be bristling with movable parts, a bit like this $600 list price model:

nektar-panorama.jpg

...but might add innovations discovered creating their hardware module. Fender did a fine job with colored lights on their tiny Mustang Micro, as a way to access amps and effects, and CVlization has a unique use of lighting. I'm assuming a lean more towards rompler, than deep deep access to most parameters. Yamaha made MX versions of their Motif line, comparatively limited, but with over a thousand Motif sounds, and enough innovative editing they are affordable alternatives to the flagship models.

Supplying the best couple hundred sounds from each U-he synth in a compelling controller, with some decent disk i/o would be a ton of productive fun :hyper:

I imagine mastering NKS also built up some knowledge that could be fudged into a dedicated keyboard product, Leaving the daw back at the office, and having a portable powerhouse seems like a good workflow.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “u-he Linux support”