Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:16 pm Oh you’ve tested it? So waiting on flowstone to iron out some issues then?
Yes there is already VST3 export but there are still some issues with it and havent had time to properly explore it. But dont worry VST3 version of the plugin will arrive before Steinberg decides to completely not support VST2.
Barbarossa wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:40 am I posted the SplitEQ solution, because I thought you would be curious and maybe want to investigate how to make Viper sound even better. If not, I'm fine, because SplitEQ is the solution for me, to achieve the Virus feeling.
Yes, thank you for the constructive feedback! I dont know how the split eq transient mode works, so I would have to figure that out as well, it would be too much work to gain a 1-2% difference. Id rather work on other stuff like the Grain and Formant ocillators from the Virus Ti, which I think I have figured out so they should be in the next update! ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbarossa wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:40 am I even checked it with your video with the sound comparison. It doesn't change the tone at all. It's much more subtle, because it only affects the transient. It just begins to feel like a Virus. Warm. And analogue.
Virus isn’t analog though.

adamtrance wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:12 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:16 pm Oh you’ve tested it? So waiting on flowstone to iron out some issues then?
Yes there is already VST3 export but there are still some issues with it and havent had time to properly explore it. But dont worry VST3 version of the plugin will arrive before Steinberg decides to completely not support VST2.
Barbarossa wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:40 am I posted the SplitEQ solution, because I thought you would be curious and maybe want to investigate how to make Viper sound even better. If not, I'm fine, because SplitEQ is the solution for me, to achieve the Virus feeling.
Yes, thank you for the constructive feedback! I dont know how the split eq transient mode works, so I would have to figure that out as well, it would be too much work to gain a 1-2% difference. Id rather work on other stuff like the Grain and Formant ocillators from the Virus Ti, which I think I have figured out so they should be in the next update! ;)
That’s amazing that you’re doing the grain and formant oscillators!
I’d like to put in a request for mpe somewhere down the road as well if possible.

adamtrance wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:09 am
D-Fusion wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:03 am So if you end up having this problem i suggest that you go here and Follow the steps i wrote.
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vi ... ll-in-one/
Thats what I have been talking about the whole time, but anyway Im glad its fixed now ;)
Yes i know but i thought i was covered since i had installed all the C++ individually like i do everytime i do a fresh install so i don't get into issues like this.

So i guess i must have missed the one that viper wanted.

Glad i managed to fix it and now you now it works om Windows 11 too :tu:

Summer discount is here if anybody is interested :D
Use the code JUL2022 on checkout at https://www.adamszabo.com until the 31st of July to get 20% off of any product!
I hope you will have a great summer!

Best default library ever :)
Adam is 'old dog' designer,which explain the quality of presets :)
Sorry that our chat here was more like war,than conversation :)
Some day will make a set with it and people will wonder why so late :)
Cheers :)

So i finaly purchased Viper about a week ago.

I have been keeping my eyes in this project from very early days, specialy because i also like to develop with flowstone, and i know how hard is to squeze its environment in order to make a really good plugin, that not only sounds great but also is optimzed.

Viper is simply put, amazing!, i never tought i would ever see a plugin of this magnitude coming from a flowstone developer, its a tiple AAA plugin, its as good as other major VA synths out there in the market, but the interface is so streamlined, its very fast to program, its very well crafted and planed,, everything is in place, very simple and usefull.

The fact you can now finaly import various virus hardware presets just makes it even more ridiculously good, something you dont have with anything else, and it does sound in pair with the hardware, even if the hardware is nothing more than a virtual instrument it self with a custom DSP chip, still a virus had its very own sound, and Viper does have a similar character.

I have been loving it, its stable, i use mostly Reaper and FL studio and this is now such a weapon for any studio project

highly recomended for any dance music project, you have literaly dozens of thousands of presets flying around web for this thing!

Cosmo Circle wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:31 am
highly recomended for any dance music project, you have literaly dozens of thousands of presets flying around web for this thing!
Are you talking about this? https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/

The same dozens of thousands of presets load into that too.

Cosmo Circle wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:31 am So i finaly purchased Viper about a week ago.

I have been keeping my eyes in this project from very early days, specialy because i also like to develop with flowstone, and i know how hard is to squeze its environment in order to make a really good plugin, that not only sounds great but also is optimzed.

Viper is simply put, amazing!, i never tought i would ever see a plugin of this magnitude coming from a flowstone developer, its a tiple AAA plugin, its as good as other major VA synths out there in the market, but the interface is so streamlined, its very fast to program, its very well crafted and planed,, everything is in place, very simple and usefull.

The fact you can now finaly import various virus hardware presets just makes it even more ridiculously good, something you dont have with anything else, and it does sound in pair with the hardware, even if the hardware is nothing more than a virtual instrument it self with a custom DSP chip, still a virus had its very own sound, and Viper does have a similar character.

I have been loving it, its stable, i use mostly Reaper and FL studio and this is now such a weapon for any studio project

Thank you very much for the review, and for your support! I hope Viper will bring you lots of joy! :wink:

Did somebody find how to polish Viper output sound so to be maximum close to Virus - i mean specific saturation,eq,compression?
What hardware part do the distubguish sound of Virus,which Viper can't reproduce?
Virus - Viper owners opinion please :)

Some kind of Hardware - Device from that Era, using similar or maybe even the same Converters that the original Virus had?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Probably a long shot but... Any possibility of CLAP?

I have no idea if DSPRobotics are planning to add that to FLowStone, but I dont think it will happen soon.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:33 pmProbably a long shot but... Any possibility of CLAP?
I imagine that will depend on what class of ladies you hang out with.

Worst name for a product ever.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”