Asper synth is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Asper

Thank you, really interesting. Unfortunately after installing it I was forced to uninstall your arX plugin, because I can't have them installed at the same time, they crash Ableton. The problem occurs with the VST3 version, the VST2 version works fine. Tested on windows 10, ableton live 11.1.6

Erisian wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:38 am
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 pm First spin with Asper, had a good time with it! :tu: :tu: :tu:

What interests me the most is the physical modeling yet this demo track below has none of that… :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... e-miniboss
Yeah, that physical modelling is incredible!
Haven't even started with the physical modeling properly but will give it a shot soon! :tu:
Fusion

Wow! :hyper:

Just had a quick look, but I'm impressed so far!

Mainly because of:
VST2 :-) in 32 (! ) and 64 bit.
Built in preset manager (even if just simple).
Really usable randomize features.
Very good looking - and resizable - GUI with just one page.
No crash so far with energyXT 3 in 32 bit and EXT64 in 64 bit.
Good sound with interesting features.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks a lot! :tu:

thanks for this!

I dig this. Thank you

Not many reverbs can boast such an excellent sound) very successful synthesizer! Pads are gorgeous, and not only pads)

I haven't been as excited about a synth in a very long time. This seems to be fantastic. After a few minutes I was getting really great sounds. However I am unable to get the Learn MIDI cc# to work. I'm using Cakewalk by BandLab. Thanks for the great work.

EgonTwo wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:04 pmHowever I am unable to get the Learn MIDI cc# to work. I'm using Cakewalk by BandLab.
I use only FL Studio and there is annoying feature that CC do not work out of box. In order to make it work I need to first map controller for desired plugin. Then I need to save this configuration so I do not need to do every time I use the synth. I have no clue how other DAW works in this matter, but maybe there is something similar that you need to do in order to make it work. Hope somebody who know more about Cakewalk will be able to help you.

@TrojakEW:
How would you think CC mapping could work out of the box?
I mean, how could a DAW know which parameters of any synth plugin you would like to control with what CC? I mean it could even be different for every song or even for every instance of the same plugin within a song?
E.g. I have a big knob on my hardware synth which has CC 32 assigned. In one song I use 2 instances of Asper with different sounds. With this same big knob I'd like to influence Filter Cutoff on the first instance and Filter Resonance on the seconds instance. How could a DAW help me with this? It sure couldn't be a 'out of the box' thingy. Or did I misunderstand something?

ZonderP wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:51 pm @TrojakEW:
How would you think CC mapping could work out of the box?
In FL Studio you have to first map hardware controller, for example mod wheel CC1 to VST wrapper CC1. Otherwise midi learn on Synth will not do anything no matter how hard you will play with mod wheel in your controller. So it goes like this:

Hardware CC1 ---> Fruity VST wrapper CC1 ---> Then yo can map CC1 to any parameter in Asper

So I was talking that there is no default assignment of any CC parameter between hardware and FL Studio software VST wrapper. You have to do it manually first otherwise it will not work.

Ah, I see!
No, that doesn't sound too intuitive...
Thanks for explaining.

Just found two creations on youtube with Asper synth that sounds quite cool :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s2BMtBh0mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ5A-M2I7s0

Somewhere along the way - and I'm guessing here - one of the future OSC challenges will be with Asper. I hope, though, that they refine the OSC rules to make it that you can only use the synth and its effects, no outside stuff whether free or not.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Really original synth, congra ! :tu:

Thanks for the midi learn...when I set up my midi controller to Asper it works on the preset but when I change preset or bank...it doesn't work anymore even if I save my mapping to the init preset.
How to keep my mapping working on all presets or banks ?

Ok, I am not a complete idiot, or maybe I am LOL.
I downloaded Asper and I don't see an .exe or .dll file.

Am I missing something

All I see is:
Individual preset folder
Cool WAV - Asperations Vol. 1 .txt
How to install bank .mp4
Join Cool WAV on Patreon internet link

Return to “Instruments”