IK goes AI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 TONEX MAX TONEX SE TONEX Standard

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:34 am OK I'm about to bite on Capture, but I'm curious? it really seems like you could use it as an amp attenuator, but I'm not 100 positive on this? Any insight would help.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:54 pm TONEX Capture

Tone Models can be created in TONEX using a modern computer, a regular audio interface and minimal additional equipment. An interface such as AXE I/O is ideal for tone modeling with its dedicated Amp Out.

To make it easy for anyone to create Tone Models, IK’s new all-in-one TONEX Capture is an accessory that connects to the output of an audio interface to feed into an amp at just the right level. Then, the return stage sits passively between an amp and cab, sending a perfect copy back to the interface at a safe volume without affecting the amp/cab interaction.
Too cheap for an amp attenuator I think but love to be wrong!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:19 am Too cheap for an amp attenuator I think but love to be wrong!
There's one for $65 at Sweetwater so maybe we're lucky right?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... attenuator

If it does reamplifaction, captures and works as an amp attenuator then it's an easy choice to buy minus my $60 in Jam Points. 8) A blurb from the Sweetwater ad insinuates it can.
Attenuation controls ensure your signal is always at the right level

“ the return stage sits passively between an amp and cab”

This means that it requires your cab to be connected as a load. Your cab will be putting out full volume.

That JHS attenuator is for your effects loop. It’s not an attenuator for your speaker output. I think Behringer makes an actual attenuator for around $99.

Yeh, other than the FX loop type you normally have to connect a speaker cable from one of your amp's speaker outputs to the attenuator's input, and then connect another speaker cable from the attenuator's output or through jack to the speaker cabinet's input jack...IK saying' 'the return stage sits passively 'between' an amp' doesn't say it will attenuate/load the output (not sure what you do if you have a combo though)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:34 am OK I'm about to bite on Capture, but I'm curious? it really seems like you could use it as an amp attenuator, but I'm not 100 positive on this? Any insight would help.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:54 pm TONEX Capture

Tone Models can be created in TONEX using a modern computer, a regular audio interface and minimal additional equipment. An interface such as AXE I/O is ideal for tone modeling with its dedicated Amp Out.

To make it easy for anyone to create Tone Models, IK’s new all-in-one TONEX Capture is an accessory that connects to the output of an audio interface to feed into an amp at just the right level. Then, the return stage sits passively between an amp and cab, sending a perfect copy back to the interface at a safe volume without affecting the amp/cab interaction.
Hi, TONEX Capture is not a load box, you still need to connect a speaker cabinet.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:38 pm
Bombadil wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:16 pm Interesting, in principle. Have to see how it works for people.

Peter, do you have an ETA for M1 native TrackS-5 that I saw you mentioned somewhere was coming?
We should have it ready soon but note that August is not possible since that is the month where Italy is almost entirely on vacation.
Are we there yet?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

No really, are we?
Say NO to CLAP!

We are on track for a September release. I will share any other information as I get it. Thanks!

September must be the longest month ever. :phew:

and not even half way through. :help:
Say NO to CLAP!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:58 pm We are on track for a September release. I will share any other information as I get it. Thanks!
September release of what?
T-RackS native Apple Silicon (M1), or TONEX?
Or both?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:35 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:58 pm We are on track for a September release. I will share any other information as I get it. Thanks!
September release of what?
T-RackS native Apple Silicon (M1), or TONEX?
Or both?
I like your thinking on this!
:party:

TONEX first please :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

First TONEX, then for a nice Christmas surprise, a virtual guitar that I can use with it to get exactly the sound I want ;)
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

I want a Beatles' guitar sounds from Revolver to Abbey Road category somewhere.

September release of TONEX. That's what we've mentioned as a September release and the topic of the thread :)

Return to “Effects”