Is it time for SUPER plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN0DDD7B3oU

Despite the header image here, this is a pretty well balanced take on things.

The only thing I would add is, I think people should worry more about a lack of human intelligence than the rise of artificial intelligence...

Hey, SUPER plugin! Can you analyze all the Beatles albums, and all the solo albums that the fab four did, and then make me the records they would have done if they had not split in 69? And for ME to release, with MY name on it? That would be cool, and MAYBE I would have had a few hundred more listeners on Spotify....

If there will be SUPER plug-in, then will SUPERPROTOOLSUSER be returning? :hyper:

foosnark wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:38 pm The only thing I would add is, I think people should worry more about a lack of human intelligence than the rise of artificial intelligence...
Very very much this!

>I suppose a plugin like this could be done easily today,

lol, no, you're totally and completely wrong about that. If it could easily be done, it already would be.

CinningBao wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:12 am Jeesh, this is unbearable..
It's a troll thread - that's the point.

And yes. It is painful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqm-s6h8l1I
foosnark wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:38 pm The only thing I would add is, I think people should worry more about a lack of human intelligence than the rise of artificial intelligence...
:hihi:

The super plugin will be the one that plugs directly into your brain

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 am
morelia wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:31 am What do we think such a plugin would sell for. Seems to me if it does what we are talking about it should cost a lot. Yes? No? Maybe?
Monthly costs for the best voice-change AI solution Im aware of cost about £130 per month, for processing up to 30 minutes of voice. That's their 'indie' plan. Next tier up for businesses is about £700 per month, for processing up to 60 minutes of voice.
Plans are paid quarterly in advance.
That's what I was thinking. If something does so much of the work it should cost a fortune. Personally, I get too much satisfaction out of doing things the hard way. I'd rather sound like crap and still sound like me.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Etienne1973 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:22 pm One day AI might replicate the universe.
Who said it didn't already, 13.7 billion years ago?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Ploki wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:47 am 1st: guitarist aren't musicians
2nd: guitar solos aren't music
looking at the new guitar instagram/youtube - movement, you're not that wrong... :-?

There will always be "preset beats," "auto-tune," and "AI Mastering," type things, but they forget an important thing. People like to do stuff. My wife likes to cook, but we have great restaurants who'll deliver to us. I have friends who design and make clothes, even though there's an amazing assortment of clothing you could buy.

I do what I do because I like to do it. I don't see why I'd be excited to have a machine do it, even if the machine did it better. My goal isn't to succeed in something, it's to do something. I'm sure there are pretty posers who'll use tools like this to impress other pretty posers and maybe even make some money doing it, but who cares? Those people are jerks.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:55 am There will always be "preset beats," "auto-tune," and "AI Mastering," type things, but they forget an important thing. People like to do stuff. My wife likes to cook, but we have great restaurants who'll deliver to us. I have friends who design and make clothes, even though there's an amazing assortment of clothing you could buy.

I do what I do because I like to do it. I don't see why I'd be excited to have a machine do it, even if the machine did it better. My goal isn't to succeed in something, it's to do something. I'm sure there are pretty posers who'll use tools like this to impress other pretty posers and maybe even make some money doing it, but who cares? Those people are jerks.
An ironic and yet perfect post. I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm almost certain that it's time for super plugin

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:39 am I'm almost certain that it's time for super plugin
Speaking of plugins.

Hubble just spotted something massive coming out of Uranus

Raksha wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:45 pm Hey, SUPER plugin! Can you analyze all the Beatles albums, and all the solo albums that the fab four did, and then make me the records they would have done if they had not split in 69? And for ME to release, with MY name on it? That would be cool, and MAYBE I would have had a few hundred more listeners on Spotify....
Would be cool!
But remember it's not SUPER plugin's job to arrange, perform or compose!
So use it in a creative way and consider it a plugin that adapts to a style and
it's also an enhancement tool and could be a sound tool, as well
(The latter will be added to some update afaik)
I would do it as long as there are people from that generation still alive
to get some listeners!

I wonder whether average age of KVR members is 60+ or 70+? or even 80+?
Some reactions remind me so much of Catholic church mindset hundreds of
years ago."Our wisdom is pure wisdom, innovations need our permission, otherwise
it's heresy!" Lol

Return to “Effects”