Studio One 6 - Something is afoot (For realz this time)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vintage King wrote:
  • NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
  • NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
  • NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
  • NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
  • NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
  • NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser
These are all prudent features that would either show up in a new major or .5 release. Features like the global video track and global lyrics will appeal to a subset of users, while features like Customizable User Interface, Smart Templates, Track Presets, and advanced collaboration with Sphere help set the stage for future improvements. Speaking of improvements, I don't think the Vintage King blurb goes into all of the enhancements and improvements to existing features that I am sure will be part of the new 6.0 release (e.g. improved ARA2 support; etc.). A few more new features (less profound but still welcome) will likely follow in future 6.x minor releases.

EDIT: That vocoder looks like a new PreSonus effect.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:00 am If thats all, im really disappointed.
I think I'm the one that requested Track Templates but that release looks downright tiny if that's truly all that's in it. I think 2.5 to 2.6 was a bigger update. Let's hope that's just some truncated copy. Otherwise, FenderSonus is off to a bad start... :roll:

I always find it funny how people buy into the Presonus hype when history has shown that they do not do hype well. They almost always overhype their releases only to disappoint. Most of the time its not even them who's doing all the hyping its people adding expectations about things that Presonus never said. I remember one year everyone was super hype about Presonus releasing something new only for it be a new mixer. The sad trombone sounds could be heard the world over.

Keep the hype in check. Most of the time when S1 releases a major version it doesn't actually get good until version .2 or .3 anyway. Version 5 didn't get good until 5.2 and I bought that day 1.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

• NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
Custom colours BETTER be part of that!

It’s literally the #1 most votes feature request.

I notice clip looper is NOT on the new feature list! :phew: :clap:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Any word on update price yet?
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:00 amI think 2.5 to 2.6 was a bigger update.
That's because there was a lot more to add at v2.5. To me this seems like a solid feature set for a full version upgrade. Depending on how radical the customisation features are, it might even tempt me to upgrade if the price is right. The Lyric track is something I'd definitely use, especially on stage. The templates and presets, not so much and customisable colours, not at all (and I colour-code everything).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

dlandis wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:17 am Any word on update price yet?
When Studio One Pro v5 was released, the update price from v4 Pro to v5 Pro was $150 directly from PreSonus, and the price was between $120 - $130 from third-party sellers (and only $75 with EDU discount). I am thinking that the update price from v5 Pro to v6 Pro will be roughly the same.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Crazy to me that people are calling v5 stable. I guess compared to v4 and early iterations of v5 it's more stable but I still run into issues semi-regularly.

Track presets are great if they allow me to save a Superior Drummer 3 starting setup with multiple outputs defined and labeled, which I seem unable to do right now?

Hopefully I can move busses so they are to the left of FX sends. I have no clue why would n earth they'd limit you from doing this in the current version.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:06 am Crazy to me that people are calling v5 stable.
Just curious... which build of Studio One 5 do you use: Windows or OS X?

tonedef71 wrote:When Studio One Pro v5 was released, the update price from v4 Pro to v5 Pro was $150 directly from PreSonus, and the price was between $120 - $130 from third-party sellers (and only $75 with EDU discount). I am thinking that the update price from v5 Pro to v6 Pro will be roughly the same.
That's more than I am willing to pay for an upgrade. I only paid $175 for my license in the first place. Under $100 is an easy sell but once it gets over that, they need to be really convincing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 am
tonedef71 wrote:When Studio One Pro v5 was released, the update price from v4 Pro to v5 Pro was $150 directly from PreSonus, and the price was between $120 - $130 from third-party sellers (and only $75 with EDU discount). I am thinking that the update price from v5 Pro to v6 Pro will be roughly the same.
That's more than I am willing to pay for an upgrade. I only paid $175 for my license in the first place. Under $100 is an easy sell but once it gets over that, they need to be really convincing.
I think the lowest upgrade price from v4 to v5 was 105$. I didn't upgrade. V5 just didn't tempt me enough. V6 looks no better in that respect. Nothing that would make my daw life easier.

Sean Marholm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:47 pm Vintage King dropped the product pages by mistake, here's the google cache version:

NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser
I hope that's not all, if it is I'd be really disappointed. Less than 12 hours left to find out.

soulata wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:35 amI think the lowest upgrade price from v4 to v5 was 105$. I didn't upgrade. V5 just didn't tempt me enough. V6 looks no better in that respect. Nothing that would make my daw life easier.
I've started running Artist on my new machine. Assuming they have an upgrade path, I imagine it will be considerably less than for Pro. If not, I'm sure I'll live without. I'm way more excited about the OB-Xtreme update that also drops in the next few hours.

Fornicras wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:15 am
Sean Marholm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:47 pm Vintage King dropped the product pages by mistake, here's the google cache version:

NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser
I hope that's not all, if it is I'd be really disappointed. Less than 12 hours left to find out.
I honestly can't remember a DAW update in recent times (the last decade!) when I haven't been a 'bit underwhelmed' TBH, (other than maybe Bitwig when they introduced unified modulation and GRID)

The truth is most DAWS already have most things already ...it's just going to be little bumps and frilly bits from here on in.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So, where is it?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”