OB-Xtreme Version 2 - FULL VERSION RELEASED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xtreme

no available trial version is a downside imo, I hope there will be at least a video with new v2 factory presets!?

Plugintester wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:53 am no available trial version is a downside imo, I hope there will be at least a video with new v2 factory presets!?
I buckled and bought it, it's well worth $50, he IMO should sell it for more, because people are silly and think price matters. I don't know if he'll do a demo? but again it's worth it, it's a solid synth with some really unique sounds, easy to get good things out of with multiple "sweet spots". He responds to emails, it sounds great, the money lost if you don't like it is literally the same amount you lose on a bad date night, or any given Saturday if you drink.

Aly has said the full release will happen in September, what we have now is more of a preview/open beta. There are only a handful of new presets, it's mostly the patches from the original version.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I got an email from Aly today, outlining where he is at with OB-Xtreme, and the news is all good -

Here is the change log so far:
Pending 09/29/22 - v2.0.1 Release
  • Add v2 factory presets, activate LFO2
    LFO2 Modes (LFO, BPM Synced, One-Shot Envelope)
    Add semi-tones tuning per voice card
    Vibrato delay time corrected
    Added preset nav < - > arrows on the main panel
    Add Portamento voltage offsets and Glissando mode
    Add XMOD voltage offsets
    DC filter (20 - 50Hz) control is now available for the end user adjustment (can tame low-end)
    Re-worked CARDS panel controls
    Most parameters are now automatable and save state
    fix- Pitch-Wheel voltage going down briefly when selecting OSC2 ONLY until next trigger
    fix- EG attack stages now receive voltage offsets correctly
    fix- wrong LFO voltage on PWM 2
    fix- GUI filter modes buttons logic now reflect setting (band-pass is only available for the 2Pole SVF)
    fix-Corrected V1 Presets using wrong legacy settings
    Code tidy minor CPU reduction
PS: On the LFO2 a place holder for a Modulation STEP sequencer is there but will be available to use in the future, it could sequence BPM rate divisions or other nasty things I haven't quite decided.

LFO2 in "RAMP EG" mode aka one shot up or down envelope, next is LFO2 BPM SYNC mode with the usual BPM rate multiplier.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hell yeah, official release is gonna be a banger

and mash with onion gravy.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Anxiously waiting for this, but I kind of low-key wish he would hit his dates. First it was supposed to come out on the 22nd, then on the 29th now the website states "around" the 29th.

Alright so per his Instagram today, he says it's ready and: "it will be deployed between September 29 and October 9".

How is it compared to OP-X Pro II?

It's about $130 cheaper, for a start.

$130 cheaper could be reflected in the sound quality and functionality
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:56 pm $130 cheaper could be reflected in the sound quality and functionality
I don't care too much about price, but I never thought about getting OP-X Pro II, wasn't that impressed with v1, but it took me only a few days to buy OB-Xtreme, even being coded by a one person development team, even using it in Rosetta on an M1 Air.

As far as functionality, OB-Xtreme already has multiple panning, gain and modulation techniques that separate it from other analog emulations.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:39 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:56 pm $130 cheaper could be reflected in the sound quality and functionality
I don't care too much about price, but I never thought about getting OP-X Pro II, wasn't that impressed with v1, but it took me only a few days to buy OB-Xtreme, even being coded by a one person development team, even using it in Rosetta on an M1 Air.

As far as functionality, OB-Xtreme already has multiple panning, gain and modulation techniques that separate it from other analog emulations.
I got OP-X Pro II for $69 after asking for a student discount. I am very impressed with its sound and presets. Based on the demos, OB-Xtreme sounds harsher and more modern.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:57 pm I got OP-X Pro II for $69 after asking for a student discount. I am very impressed with its sound and presets. Based on the demos, OB-Xtreme sounds harsher and more modern.
Mostly because of the aforementioned modulation, and stereo imaging. Plus the "Xtreme" is doing some sort of saturation. These all go beyond a typical Oberheim emulation. I have V- Collection so I've got three traditional Oberheim emulations already.

I suppose you could setup OB-Xtreme to emulate old OB-X's etc. just turn those settings to normal levels etc. but that's not why I liked the OB-X in the first place. I liked it because it was a huge sounding synth. So I'm perfectly happy the "emulation" goes beyond the original.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”