IK goes AI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 TONEX MAX TONEX SE TONEX Standard

jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:45 am
machinesworking wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:39 am
jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:25 am After some sleep and back at it, that was incorrect, yes cabs are indeed separable from within Amplitube as well, as they should be.
How? Here the cab is ingrained into the preset, what am I missing?
When you have TONEX amp in place, above and just to the right of the amp pic you'll see a dial, click on that and it will open up a panel where you can disable the cab just as you would with TONEX outside of Amplitube.

Thank you, that stuff can be a PITA to search for. :hail:

Amplitube 5.5 crashes Reaper (latest) as soon as I click on the gear's dropdown menu. Is it just me? I have installed and authorized ToneX...

mine didnt crash Reaper

Tied Amplitube 5.5 in Live 11.2, Bitwig latest and Studio One 5.5 - all good. Surprisingly stable and bug free so far (for something new)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pastador59 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:29 am Amplitube 5.5 crashes Reaper (latest) as soon as I click on the gear's dropdown menu. Is it just me? I have installed and authorized ToneX...
All good here too.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

It seems like ToneX standalone isn't muting the Return Inputs when you're not doing a tone capture. I kept hearing additional noise in the right channel and was wondering if I borked a capture. Dropped the Receive volume on my Radial DI and the noise was gone. You'd expect the Return channel to be muted when you're not actually using it.

Downloaded the demo, didn't enjoy any single amp, deleted it a few hours later. BIG disappointment.

Unidimensional, weird fizz and un-authentic pick response. It may "sound" similar to a few of my amps but none of the feel is there.

I will keep on using my Neural DSP collection that sounds like nothing I own but still manages to sound fantastic.

There's no tuner in TONEX?

And why does TONEX keep forcing 44.1kHz?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

When you load a preset with TONEX amps in AmpliTube 5.5, the amp module has to be opened before it will make any sound.

Have the mixer module open in the main window then load a saved preset that uses TONEX. If there are more than one TONEX amps in the preset, each amp has to be opened in the main window before it will sound.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

A3ntar wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:33 am Downloaded the demo, didn't enjoy any single amp, deleted it a few hours later. BIG disappointment.

Unidimensional, weird fizz and un-authentic pick response. It may "sound" similar to a few of my amps but none of the feel is there.

I will keep on using my Neural DSP collection that sounds like nothing I own but still manages to sound fantastic.
Can't please everyone! I have A5, Scuffam, Helix Native etc and found Neural DSP to be my least favourite non real amp 'sounds' but other seem to like it. Probably as most of what I record is from my Blues Jnr and I have simple (and predominantly clean) taste!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

A3ntar wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:33 am Downloaded the demo, didn't enjoy any single amp, deleted it a few hours later. BIG disappointment.
My initial thoughts where similar, hyperbole, nothing new. I need to evaluate it longer.

Paul Drew, of the of the Studio Rats and a accomplished guitarist and professional musician, has a series on amp sims. His level of playing makes most sound good.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEsQwPX7Nw44VxyYHeSxW8OftQCWr7YH9

I have a feeling Softube Amp Room might be a no-brainer price come BF sales.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I honestly think the best feature of this is being able to create your own captures so easily. There are some great sounds in the package, there are some duds, but I'm suddenly able to create accurate captures of some of my most used stomp-box settings, and they sound dead on. I posted a JHS Muffeletta capture last night to Tone.net and it's great to finally have that ITB. Will definitely be capturing a lot more of my drive pedals and even my amps.

What sucks is how difficult they make these to use. You can't use a stomp and an amp in TONEX and there doesn't seem to be a way to use a TONEX stomp in Amplitube, only in the amp position. So, some of these things were clearly not well thought out. I get it, it's only version 1.0, but all of this stuff was easily forseeable. I think they probably worked on the tech first, then rushed to get out as a Minimum Viable Product, and didn't spend enough time refining the user experience for day 1.

Lets hope improvements come fast and we're not waiting for TONEX v2 or Amplitube 6 for some of these things to get fixed.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:57 pm What sucks is how difficult they make these to use. You can't use a stomp and an amp in TONEX and there doesn't seem to be a way to use a TONEX stomp in Amplitube, only in the amp position. So, some of these things were clearly not well thought out.
That's not an error it's a decision. IMO I think it's because they're not able to predict perfectly how essentially two amps in a row are going to sound and they're making it difficult on purpose to set up. it's got to be something like that, it's not like these decisions get made randomly.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:09 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:57 pm What sucks is how difficult they make these to use. You can't use a stomp and an amp in TONEX and there doesn't seem to be a way to use a TONEX stomp in Amplitube, only in the amp position. So, some of these things were clearly not well thought out.
That's not an error it's a decision. IMO I think it's because they're not able to predict perfectly how essentially two amps in a row are going to sound and they're making it difficult on purpose to set up. it's got to be something like that, it's not like these decisions get made randomly.
Peter on Gearspace said a tonex stomp slot will be added to amplitube in an update.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Effects”