Studio One 6 - Something is afoot (For realz this time)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Uncle E
KVRAF
13810 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:52 pm

solar28 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:30 am At JRR Shop, I can't apply coupon code GROUP. This is the error I get:
Coupon codes are not available for this manufacturer (Presonus)

I'm in the US. Am I using the wrong place?
Please PM me and I'll get you the lower price.

ATS
KVRAF
7485 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:30 pm

EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:05 am
tonedef71 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:49 am
SLiC wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 am you could always sell S1 5.5 for $150
I have never been a seller here on KVR (I have been a buyer, though). How likely is it to be able to re-sell and transfer a used DAW license for $150?
I doubt it is easy now to sell v5.5 Pro for $150, maybe for $130. Anyway, you need to pay the transfer fee before transferring the license to the buyer. The fee is $25 I think (might be $30 not sure).

On the other hand, I've got my license (Artist v6) and installed it. Everything is good so far! There is the ProEQ3 and DeEsser. The interface looks great although no colours change, but that's ok for me. Tried it on Mac mini m1, later I will install it on Windows as well. I'm keeping v5.5 Pro installed just in case (they are both installed now, no problem). So, first impression is great and I'm happy for this (Artist) upgrade :tu:
You would be lucky tog get $100 for Studio One Pro 5 now. It was hard to get more than $150 before this.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

EnGee
KVRAF
8253 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from Auckland, NZ

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:01 pm

ATS wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:30 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:05 am
tonedef71 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:49 am
SLiC wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 am you could always sell S1 5.5 for $150
I have never been a seller here on KVR (I have been a buyer, though). How likely is it to be able to re-sell and transfer a used DAW license for $150?
I doubt it is easy now to sell v5.5 Pro for $150, maybe for $130. Anyway, you need to pay the transfer fee before transferring the license to the buyer. The fee is $25 I think (might be $30 not sure).

On the other hand, I've got my license (Artist v6) and installed it. Everything is good so far! There is the ProEQ3 and DeEsser. The interface looks great although no colours change, but that's ok for me. Tried it on Mac mini m1, later I will install it on Windows as well. I'm keeping v5.5 Pro installed just in case (they are both installed now, no problem). So, first impression is great and I'm happy for this (Artist) upgrade :tu:
You would be lucky tog get $100 for Studio One Pro 5 now. It was hard to get more than $150 before this.
Well, you might able to sell it a little bit more than the lowest price as 'known' KVR member or old member because some buyers only buy from such members. Anyway, in my case it doesn't worth it for sell less than $130. v5.5 Pro is still a great DAW! I might use it for upgrading to v6 Pro if I need the score editor or other features, but for now the Artist version is really neat and great in both Windows and Mac. I haven't any problem, but I will test my hardware synths and see if there is a latency in recording or not.
Let's help the people in Ukraine by donating.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Using Logic Pro, Ableton Live 11 with some 3rd party instruments and synths

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
14351 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:19 pm

I may have mentioned that I was having some stability issues with Studio One v6 but after some very constructive back and forth with support, we determined that the problem was a new plugin I had recently installed. I contacted the vendor and they acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix. It's Ujam's BM-Berserk if you're interested. The VST 2 version is OK but the VST 3 version causes Studio One to crash when you try to cloase the song.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, OB-Xtreme, Thorn, Odyssey, Proclethya, SEM, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”