DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio Maschine
menelik
KVRer
3 posts since 22 Sep, 2022

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:17 pm

Hi Moss, thanks for your message. The weird thing is that Win 10 sees the device (it pops up in the device manager) and bot Controller Editor and Maschine 2 software work as usual. Only Bitwig seems to have the problem!

TommyC81
KVRist
59 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:53 am

Hi Moss, the pending OSC changes and fixes are much appreciated! If/when time permits, please consider releasing a new version that captures the changes - I'm getting ready to capture them in an updated TouchOSC template.

einfachfelixverdammt
KVRer
4 posts since 17 Nov, 2013

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:43 am

Hi Moss,
thanks again for your great work! yet I have a feature request :D
Could you please implement copy + pasting notes in poly sequencer for the push?
Also fine shifting would be nice!
Sometimes you just want to shift the start position of a chord f.e. it would really boost the workflow to just copy and paste the chord somewhere else.
selecting the chord and then holding duplicate while pressing somewhere else would be a great way of how this could work i think.
Also could you add fine-shifting when selecting a note? this would be an easy way to humanize the start times for drums f.e.
pre shifting claps by a couple milliseconds can make all the difference to me. So I really need this feature in my life :D
Thanks for your time :)
*plop*

Bjørnson
KVRer
9 posts since 6 Mar, 2016

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 am

Hi Moss,
thanks for your great MCU Control Universal script! It's a pleasure to use it with the Icon M+ and also have the possibility to use the faders as editing knobs for device parameters :)

I found one script error with the Icon M+ when switching the faders to this editing mode: Touching/moving the Master fader sets the script out of bound - I think because its fader 9 of 8...
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-01 um 17.57.11.png
Maybe the Master can be deactivated in this special mode?

Have a nice weekend!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Seaofsynths
KVRer
1 posts since 1 Oct, 2022

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 am

Hi Moss

Is there any way to fix lenght clip to off (as with Ableton/Push 2 enables). The problem is that New clip button always set a clip lenght.

Thanks a lot Moss for this great script!

MacBook Pro: Mojave 10.14
Bitwig 4.3.2
Push2

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:46 am

mauiwayne wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:49 pm I'm using your DrivenByMoss v17.6.0 with Komplete Kontrol 2 v7.2 to run my S88 keyboard. Also, I just updated to Bitwig 4.3.8 (maybe that's the problem?) and whereas I'm a lot more musician than techie, I'm following Nick's advice to reach out to you. Your extension is a real positive game changer, so any expert help you have to remedy this situation is much appreciated.
I saw that crash once before. I guess this is an incompatibility or bug in the USB library I use.
Not sure if I can do anything about it (I only have a M1 Mac with latest OS for testing).
Does this happen straight away on startup or when you do something specific?

Could you please remove Nick's email from your post? Thanks.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:48 am

Zacchino wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:07 pm
moss wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:07 am Look into Generic Flexi (also part of DrivenByMoss), many tutorials on my Youtube channel.
The Novation SLMkIII is a pretty good bet.
Thanks so, so much for the help!
(and sorry for making you repeat yourself... as I bet it's the millionth time you've replied to this kind of question)

That said for some reasons, the Code 49's Transports button aren't detected at all... And yet they work fine in Reason.
If these are MMC commands, Generic Flexi supports them as well.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:50 am

menelik wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:17 pm Hi Moss, thanks for your message. The weird thing is that Win 10 sees the device (it pops up in the device manager) and bot Controller Editor and Maschine 2 software work as usual. Only Bitwig seems to have the problem!
Try to reinstall the Maschine drivers. The different Native Instruments drivers and their interactions are a very complex thing and they tend to go crazy some times.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:51 am

TommyC81 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:53 am Hi Moss, the pending OSC changes and fixes are much appreciated! If/when time permits, please consider releasing a new version that captures the changes - I'm getting ready to capture them in an updated TouchOSC template.
Soonish.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 am

einfachfelixverdammt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:43 am Could you please implement copy + pasting notes in poly sequencer for the push?
Also fine shifting would be nice!
Sometimes you just want to shift the start position of a chord f.e. it would really boost the workflow to just copy and paste the chord somewhere else.
selecting the chord and then holding duplicate while pressing somewhere else would be a great way of how this could work i think.
That's already possible: Hold duplicate, then press the source pad and then the destination pad.
einfachfelixverdammt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:43 am Also could you add fine-shifting when selecting a note? this would be an easy way to humanize the start times for drums f.e.
pre shifting claps by a couple milliseconds can make all the difference to me. So I really need this feature in my life :D
That's one of the most requested features but currently not possible.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:18 am

Bjørnson wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 am Hi Moss,
thanks for your great MCU Control Universal script! It's a pleasure to use it with the Icon M+ and also have the possibility to use the faders as editing knobs for device parameters :)

I found one script error with the Icon M+ when switching the faders to this editing mode: Touching/moving the Master fader sets the script out of bound - I think because its fader 9 of 8...
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-01 um 17.57.11.png

Maybe the Master can be deactivated in this special mode?

Have a nice weekend!
Good catch! Will be fixed in the next update!

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:19 am

Seaofsynths wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 am Hi Moss

Is there any way to fix lenght clip to off (as with Ableton/Push 2 enables). The problem is that New clip button always set a clip lenght.

Thanks a lot Moss for this great script!

MacBook Pro: Mojave 10.14
Bitwig 4.3.2
Push2
If you want clips with flexible length, start clip recording from the session grid.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3412 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 am

DrivenByMoss 18.0.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 4.3+
  • Added support for Yaeltex Turn (video coming soon).
  • APC40 mkII
    • New: Selected notes in sequencers are now yellow (instead of white).
  • Fire
    • New: Alt+Select Knob changes the note repeat in note edit mode.
  • Maschine
    • Fixed: Source Aftertouch messages were always sent additionally to the setting of *Convert Aftertouch*.
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Crash when Master fader was touched in flip mode.
    • Fixed: State of Flip LED was not correct.
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • New: Improved the layout of the recurrence pattern edit screen. The steps can now be toggled with Shift and the buttons below the display. The length of the pattern can now be changed with all knobs.
  • OSC
    • New: Added /scene/color
    • New: Added /device/page/{1-8}/name for consistency reasons
    • New: Added /device/sibling/{1-8}/exists
    • New: Added /device/sibling/{1-8}/bypass
    • Fixed: /track/bank/{+,-} did not report the track selection as Off if the selected track went out of the page.
    • Fixed: /device/param/bank/page/{+,-} did not jump 8 pages but only 1.
    • Fixed: /device/param/{+,-} did not jump 1 page but 8.
Enjoy!

menelik
KVRer
3 posts since 22 Sep, 2022

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:29 pm

Try to reinstall the Maschine drivers. The different Native Instruments drivers and their interactions are a very complex thing and they tend to go crazy some times

Thank you very much Moss, I did it and now all is working :)

TommyC81
KVRist
59 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:12 am

moss wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 am DrivenByMoss 18.0.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
Fantastic, well done and many thanks!

Return to “Controller Scripting”