Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Curve, FilterShaper and MidiShaper are all due for an update. My guess is there will be new major releases that are Apple Silicon native: Curve3, FilterShaper4, and MidiShaper2.

teilo wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:23 pm Curve, FilterShaper and MidiShaper are all due for an update. My guess is there will be new major releases that are Apple Silicon native: Curve3, FilterShaper4, and MidiShaper2.
MidiShaper should've been integrated as part of ShaperBox3. I don't know that FilterShaper needs an update, since there's a filter module already in ShaperBox.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:42 pm
teilo wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:23 pm Curve, FilterShaper and MidiShaper are all due for an update. My guess is there will be new major releases that are Apple Silicon native: Curve3, FilterShaper4, and MidiShaper2.
MidiShaper should've been integrated as part of ShaperBox3. I don't know that FilterShaper needs an update, since there's a filter module already in ShaperBox.
MidiShaper is a MIDI effect, not an audio effect. It doesn't fit the ShaperBox model.

Hi Cableguys...

I am curious if you have already said something about porting your plugins to Clap???

Would be a great move I think for an innovative company like yours...

Upgraded blindly even though I'm not into music production lately.

Top job as always.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

teilo wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:54 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:42 pm
MidiShaper is a MIDI effect, not an audio effect. It doesn't fit the ShaperBox model.
If Shaperbox had midi cc out assignable for its LFOs, would it replace Midishaper?

yzcoruhT wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:43 pm Does anybody know when the offer ends? Thank you...
Hi! Our ShaperBox 3 Black Friday sale ends on Cyber Monday.

Digivolt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm Will the upgrade prices rise when the sale finishes (when does it finish?) or are they fixed ?
Yes, ShaperBox 3 Bundle upgrade prices will rise when the sale finishes.

mabian wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:25 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:02 pm Did we get less filters this time?
rsp
It seems the phaser ones are gone... maybe moved to Liquid Shaper (not good for those who only have Filtershaper though)?

- Mario
Yes, the Phasers are no longer in FilterShaper Core, as they have been moved to LiquidShaper.

If you only own FilterShaper Core 2, when you upgrade to FilterShaper Core 3, just drop us a mail and we will send you LiquidShaper for free.

And if you upgrade to the full ShaperBox 3, then LiquidShaper is included.

Artie5000 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 pmI'm struggling to find how to narrow presets down to only using one specific shaper. Often, I only want timeshaper presets, or volume shaper presets. In Shaperbox 2, this was very easy to figure out, you could click a shaper to only see presets for that specific shaper. This is incredibly useful because not every preset needs a noise added to it, for whatever reason. This has to still be an option, right? I'm aware of the color selector to the right of the search that includes presets that use the specific shaper you're looking for. But i want presets that use that shaper, and that shaper only. Sorry again if I'm just being dumb, either way I have high hopes for Shaperbox 3!
Thanks for the feedback on the new preset browser. We are looking into expanding the per-Shaper filtering options, so there's a good chance this will happen in an update.

dionenoid wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:16 pm First there were various Shapers, those became Shaperbox. And now yet another version that's not backwards compatible. Just for a few little improvements that could have easily been Shaperbox 2.1 or something.
It would not be possible to put these improvements into a ShaperBox 2.x update. For example, some of the Shapers have changed, with different features, or features moved to other Shapers where they make more sense. So there's a possibility your projects would not sound the same if we had made these changes directly to ShaperBox 2.

There are also internal changes that we had to make for future compatibility (ie, to continue adding Shapers) and to maintain a good working codebase. For example, the parameter layout is now different, and that would completely break the plugin with an update.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:51 am First of all, congrats on the release. I've always been very impressed with Cableguys' commitment to making useful and fun tools. I'll be upgrading to this most likely.

My only complaint...I wish they would stop selling the updates to the individual shapers piecemeal because every time I "upgrade" to the latest version of ShaperBox, it's out of date within a couple months because of the staggered releases of the shapers.
We wish we could release a Shaper every two months! We're not that fast :wink:

We released ShaperBox 1 in 2016, then ShaperBox 2 as a paid upgrade in 2019.

CrushShaper (2019) and DriveShaper (2020) were both free for existing ShaperBox 2 Bundle owners.

Last year's NoiseShaper release is our only paid Shaper upgrade so far, at $22.

Then we added LiquidShaper as part of ShaperBox 3.

So we think this is quite a fair approach.

masterhiggins wrote:Or give us a grace period if we upgrade the bundle now and then you release a paid update for one of the shapers in that bundle within a few months or so.
We do grace periods! As mentioned above, we have only had one paid-for Shaper upgrade for NoiseShaper, and there was indeed a grace period if you bought ShaperBox 2 Bundle before the release of NoiseShaper. There is also a grace period for the new ShaperBox 3 Bundle.

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:45 pm
Artie5000 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 pmI'm struggling to find how to narrow presets down to only using one specific shaper. Often, I only want timeshaper presets, or volume shaper presets. In Shaperbox 2, this was very easy to figure out, you could click a shaper to only see presets for that specific shaper. This is incredibly useful because not every preset needs a noise added to it, for whatever reason. This has to still be an option, right? I'm aware of the color selector to the right of the search that includes presets that use the specific shaper you're looking for. But i want presets that use that shaper, and that shaper only. Sorry again if I'm just being dumb, either way I have high hopes for Shaperbox 3!
Thanks for the feedback on the new preset browser. We are looking into expanding the per-Shaper filtering options, so there's a good chance this will happen in an update.
Sorry for asking but is that update far off? I purchased Shaperbox 3 but never owned 2. I assumed (silly me) that 3 would have the individual shaper presets just like 2 did. But now Shaperbox 2 isn't even available for sale, so I'm kind of stuck waiting for a possible update.

This is a brilliant update! Next addition please - a delay!! :)

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 pmPlus Shaperbox keeps defaulting to putting in the 'Noise' demo and wanting me to download stuff.
You can download the noises once, and then it will not ask you again.
fairlyclose wrote:There is a setting to not show demos but that goes back to show demos all the time.
That shouldn't happen – could you please contact us on contact@cableguys.com and our tech support will help figure out what's happening?

Return to “Effects”