CPU load in Sines

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, first post here, thanks for letting me in the door. :)

I just bought and installed Sines, but I'm getting a lot of pops and crackles and up to 100% CPU load in Cubase (12 Pro), even with just one key pressed. Certain presets are worse than others, but I'd sat down to mess about with the Chords preset "Slow Roll 1840km", and can barely get past the first keypress before it bogs-down. My sys isn't exactly up to date (i7-2600K / 32GB DDR3 / several SSDs), but there's hardly any other VST (I've got tons, including Omnisphere and a load of Kontakt libraries) that is giving me this level of demand. Anyone else got this synth, and how is it performing for you?

Cheers.

Kurgen wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:34 pm Hi, first post here, thanks for letting me in the door. :)

I just bought and installed Sines, but I'm getting a lot of pops and crackles and up to 100% CPU load in Cubase (12 Pro), even with just one key pressed. Certain presets are worse than others, but I'd sat down to mess about with the Chords preset "Slow Roll 1840km", and can barely get past the first keypress before it bogs-down. My sys isn't exactly up to date (i7-2600K / 32GB DDR3 / several SSDs), but there's hardly any other VST (I've got tons, including Omnisphere and a load of Kontakt libraries) that is giving me this level of demand. Anyone else got this synth, and how is it performing for you?

Cheers.
that is quite an old cpu, which of course for a lot vst plugins will work still.

but Sines asks a lot of your CPU, even the modern ones.

tips: lower voice count (polyphony), don't use the galactic reverb (turn it to another reverb), or better: every effect takes processing power. try not to use them, set to off..

i my case it performs quite well, but... well.... on a i7-600K that i had before, i would guess it would also perform still perform.

i have the laptop version of your CPU, which of course doesn't deliver desktop performance. but i lot i couldn't do anymore. that laptop sits quite in a corner. for other purposes.

also of course; use asio drivers for your soundcard, and set to higher buffer size.

its not only sines. i bought the fm modules and give it a shot in ableton 11 driven by a ryzen 3400g on 512 samples asio (i usually use 256 with no probs whatsoever with at least hundred other plugins).
i even set off ALL other plugins running, including some plugin alliance ones and these are usually< eating cpu for breakfast, and the endresult was WITHOUT even playing any preset or else, as soon as i put voltage modular plugin from off to on the cpu usage meter in ableton goes up from around 8% to 48% percent on a simple fm patch preset. thats plain and simple inacceptable, sorry.
on 256 samples its even worse btw

edit: same in bitwig 4. cpu usage jump of around 40% without doing anything at all except switching the synth on and off.
i tested mercury 4 too and it has a very solid cpu usage to say the least.

2nd edit: i bought sines and the sound is damn great, but for sure its a cpu warthog. amd ryzen 5k generation minimum recommended on am4. just go straight am5 or intel 13th if new. sines just usable on 1x oversampling qual on a 3k ryzen. not using the fx section helps a bit. but believe me the sound is worth it.

Return to “Cherry Audio”