DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio Maschine
matthieu87
KVRer
12 posts since 10 Jul, 2022

Post Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:05 am

hadoso wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:05 pm
moss wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am
hadoso wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:06 pm Hey, I'm experiencing some strange behaviors with the launchpad pro mk3 when I use the drum sequencer.

When I press the red button on the bottom right of the launchpad and it opens the options of the drum rack, then I press note and come back again to the drum sequencer pressing the "chord" button, the pages of the sequencer don't give a correct visual feedback, and the bar | that marks where the sequence is will not give a correct visual feedback as well.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.
Thanks for fix it, brother!
moss wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am
hadoso wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:06 pm Another weird behavior is when I press cursor up or down + pad to increase or decrease the note repeat. When I press the cursor up or down, even if a hold it, it will change the page of the drums so I can not press cursor + pad.
That's how it works. To change the note repeat, enable the 2nd pad on the bottom of the extra functions (light blue). Then use the Scene buttons to set the repeat period. Same for the repeat length, use the 3rd button.
I think you did not understood the problem.
On page 116 of User Manual is wrote: Sequencers
NOVATION LAUNCHPAD
• Cursor Up+Pad: enables and increases note repeat by 1. <---I cant use it
• Cursor Down+Pad: enables and decreases note repeat by 1.<--- I cant use it too
The problem is in this command.
moss wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am
hadoso wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:06 pm And finally a request. Would be good if we could enable "Overdub playing launcher clips" and "Write clip launcher automation" at the same time. It would help us to record automations in clip launcher in live performances.
Yes, automation is still missing. Any ideay were to put it?
I think we could have some options in the controller settings.
Maybe enable launcher automation with the overdub automation.
Or change the behavior of the record or shift+record button.
Or even change the behavior of the play button. In a Live Performance the Play/Stop function is very risk.
All that could be selected in the settings menu.
On this very moment I have the "WRITE CLIP LAUNCHER AUTOMATION" mapped to my Play button, but unfortunately it gives no visual feedback on the launchpad.


And I think I found another bug. When I press the Fixed Length button it should create a new clip with the length set in settings, but in reality it is starting a clip record on the next scene and create the blank clip with the predefined length on the first empty scene of the clip. The two things at the same time.
To reproduce this bug you can not have your "square scene marker" at the top, it must be somewhere else.

Hi Jürgen,

For the note repeat fonction, I think hadoso was talking about the « ratchet », the fonction that controle the bitwig operator note repeat.
In the manual it says that to be able to use it we have to hold the up/down arrow and the pad we want to ratchet.
But we cannot hold the arrows without cycling through the pad bank.


Also is it possible to toggle on and off the mute and solo fonction inside the drum sequencer like the note repeat, instead of having to press the fonction for each time we want to mute or solo a pad ?
That would be great

thank a lot

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:03 pm

hadoso wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:10 pm And I want to take the opportunity, if you allow me, to make one more suggestion on how to make this wonderful script even better.

Maybe we could control the operators with the launchpad. That's the only advantage I see in the original mapping over yours.
Perhaps we could use shift for an additional function in sequencer scene triggers to control probability of the notes. :love:
What do you mean by "the original mapping"?

hadoso
KVRer
5 posts since 30 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:34 pm

moss wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:03 pm
hadoso wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:10 pm And I want to take the opportunity, if you allow me, to make one more suggestion on how to make this wonderful script even better.

Maybe we could control the operators with the launchpad. That's the only advantage I see in the original mapping over yours.
Perhaps we could use shift for an additional function in sequencer scene triggers to control probability of the notes. :love:
What do you mean by "the original mapping"?
Sorry if it wasn't clear. By "original mapping" I mean the mapping that comes from the factory and is designed to work primarily with ableton.

In my opinion, your mapping, which works on our beloved bitwig, is much better, because your mapping does much more than the "original" one.

But the "original mapping" has an advantage over yours, which is the possibility of controlling the probability of the notes being played or not. From what I saw in your manual, apparently these controls are possible in other controllers, so I gave you a suggestion on how to implement this in launchpad pro mk3.

If you think it's a good idea and want to implement it, I'm sure all of us who use this controller would be very grateful.

Thanks again, man!

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:20 pm

hadoso wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:34 pm
moss wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:03 pm
hadoso wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:10 pm And I want to take the opportunity, if you allow me, to make one more suggestion on how to make this wonderful script even better.

Maybe we could control the operators with the launchpad. That's the only advantage I see in the original mapping over yours.
Perhaps we could use shift for an additional function in sequencer scene triggers to control probability of the notes. :love:
What do you mean by "the original mapping"?
Sorry if it wasn't clear. By "original mapping" I mean the mapping that comes from the factory and is designed to work primarily with ableton.

In my opinion, your mapping, which works on our beloved bitwig, is much better, because your mapping does much more than the "original" one.

But the "original mapping" has an advantage over yours, which is the possibility of controlling the probability of the notes being played or not. From what I saw in your manual, apparently these controls are possible in other controllers, so I gave you a suggestion on how to implement this in launchpad pro mk3.

If you think it's a good idea and want to implement it, I'm sure all of us who use this controller would be very grateful.

Thanks again, man!
Ah, OK. It sounded a bit like there would be a script which supports operators and expressions.

krazzmann
KVRist
49 posts since 11 Feb, 2022

Post Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:30 am

At the moment I‘m using an Akai APC 40 mkII and a Launchpad X but I still have to grab the mouse and keyboard quite often. In your opinion which controller supported by Moss is the most comprehensive for a mouse-less workflow? Push 1/2? Maschine mk2 / mk 3?

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:48 am

krazzmann wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:30 am At the moment I‘m using an Akai APC 40 mkII and a Launchpad X but I still have to grab the mouse and keyboard quite often. In your opinion which controller supported by Moss is the most comprehensive for a mouse-less workflow? Push 1/2? Maschine mk2 / mk 3?
Push has still the largest function set.

Hez
KVRian
908 posts since 10 Dec, 2013

Post Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:33 am

Hi moss,

Quick question about the flexi - is it possible to map a knob to a remote control slot on the first device (regardless of what the device is) on a specific track?

E.g. I want to have a template where tracks 5-8 are my generic percussion tracks and I want the first 4 columns of my Faderfox to always control the first device on those tracks, regardless of what device I load and regardless of where I happen to currently be navigating in the project (so not based on a cursor that follows the view like e.g. the Push script).

Cheers
dubby ambient forest techno 'n' stuff: soundcloud.com/arkaean

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:46 am

Hez wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:33 am Hi moss,

Quick question about the flexi - is it possible to map a knob to a remote control slot on the first device (regardless of what the device is) on a specific track?

E.g. I want to have a template where tracks 5-8 are my generic percussion tracks and I want the first 4 columns of my Faderfox to always control the first device on those tracks, regardless of what device I load and regardless of where I happen to currently be navigating in the project (so not based on a cursor that follows the view like e.g. the Push script).

Cheers
Currently not. Will add it to the wish list.

Hez
KVRian
908 posts since 10 Dec, 2013

Post Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:27 am

Cool thanks so much! So this behaviour is theoretically possible with the current API?
dubby ambient forest techno 'n' stuff: soundcloud.com/arkaean

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:32 am

Hez wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:27 am Cool thanks so much! So this behaviour is theoretically possible with the current API?
Yes. Monitoring the first device of the selected track is no problem.

docam28
KVRist
61 posts since 8 Mar, 2014

Post Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 am

This DrivenByMoss is fantastic! it saves my life for my Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 and Bitwig Studio 4.4.3 (Windows): no more mandatory macros, now I can do exactly what I want with MIDI CC messages. Thanks a million to developer.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:23 am

docam28 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 am This DrivenByMoss is fantastic! it saves my life for my Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 and Bitwig Studio 4.4.3 (Windows): no more mandatory macros, now I can do exactly what I want with MIDI CC messages. Thanks a million to developer.
You are welcome! :D

Hempmaster
KVRer
2 posts since 27 Mar, 2009 from Russia

Post Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Hello, Jürgen!
Many thanks and huge respect for your invaluable work🙏🏻

I have a little issue with TouchOSC controller. The 8 user parameters in the provided template don't seem to respond to mapping. Everything else works as expected. I've searched this thread and it looks like they were broken earlier, so just wanted to check if they're supposed to work now. Not big of a deal if they don't)

Win11, Bitwig 4.4

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
Topic Starter
3514 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 am

Hempmaster wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:32 pm Hello, Jürgen!
Many thanks and huge respect for your invaluable work🙏🏻

I have a little issue with TouchOSC controller. The 8 user parameters in the provided template don't seem to respond to mapping. Everything else works as expected. I've searched this thread and it looks like they were broken earlier, so just wanted to check if they're supposed to work now. Not big of a deal if they don't)

Win11, Bitwig 4.4
The template is a bit outdated, I guess I will remove it. There is a pretty extensive new one from a user some pages back in this thread. Or simply use Open Stage Control instead.

Hempmaster
KVRer
2 posts since 27 Mar, 2009 from Russia

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:57 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
rxyml wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:16 pm Hi,

I released another version, which fixes some errors/cosmetic, enables animations, and adds the layer mixer

https://github.com/ylmrx/ludwig (https://github.com/ylmrx/ludwig)

see a demo here : https://www.instagram.com/p/Cklo6M4PrTR/ (https://www.instagram.com/p/Cklo6M4PrTR/)

Do not hesitate to report on any issue
Wow! Looks great! Thank you so much!!
moss wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 am
The template is a bit outdated, I guess I will remove it. There is a pretty extensive new one from a user some pages back in this thread. Or simply use Open Stage Control instead.
Thank you, Jürgen 🤍

Return to “Controller Scripting”