Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 am you get most of the new plugins added under Mercury if you are covered by WUP and don't need to spend on individual plugins round the year. And of course there are compatibility updates, bug fixes and improvements
The new plugins for Mercury used to be a pretty good deal when it was the "practically everything" bundle, but in recent years they've been releasing too many "out of Mercury" plugins: Clarity Pro, Ovox, all the Nx series, most Virtual Instruments.

For updates, bugfixes and improvements, you only need WUP if a new major version comes out (e.g., once you have v14 of a plugin I believe you can get all v14 fixes regardless of WUP, but not v15)

Personally, I prefer waiting until the amount of plugins added to Mercury and/or the changes in major versions is enough to justify WUP, then renew. Unlike Avid, there is no "extra charge for WUP reinstatement" after letting it lapse.
Is Gear Addiction Syndrome a form of insanity? Here is my vst collection
What is Gremlins' Music? watch or listen at Odysee or YouTube

ERufian wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm The new plugins for Mercury used to be a pretty good deal when it was the "practically everything" bundle, but in recent years they've been releasing too many "out of Mercury" plugins: Clarity Pro, Ovox, all the Nx series, most Virtual Instruments.
Waves sees Ovox as an instrument. It's in the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection. These bundles of $29-plugins are not in the biggest bundle (Mercury+Studio Classics):

▪ Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection
▪ Nx Virtual Studio Collection
▪ Abbey Road Bundle
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

When will Plugin Boutique change the freebies?
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

wangeroge wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:52 am When will Plugin Boutique change the freebies?
"3rd January 2022"

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles ... -MReverbMB

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:04 am "3rd January 2022"
:lol:

I saw the JRRShop overloud TH-U rig library on sale for $30 - is this standalone, or do you need to buy another TH-U product to play it? Overloud's site says you need to buy something else, but their demo video says it's standalone.

ERufian wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 am you get most of the new plugins added under Mercury if you are covered by WUP and don't need to spend on individual plugins round the year. And of course there are compatibility updates, bug fixes and improvements
The new plugins for Mercury used to be a pretty good deal when it was the "practically everything" bundle, but in recent years they've been releasing too many "out of Mercury" plugins: Clarity Pro, Ovox, all the Nx series, most Virtual Instruments.

For updates, bugfixes and improvements, you only need WUP if a new major version comes out (e.g., once you have v14 of a plugin I believe you can get all v14 fixes regardless of WUP, but not v15)

Personally, I prefer waiting until the amount of plugins added to Mercury and/or the changes in major versions is enough to justify WUP, then renew. Unlike Avid, there is no "extra charge for WUP reinstatement" after letting it lapse.
Thanks for the further insight. Yeah, it would be nice if they included ALL the released plugins in Mercury (at least except Abbey Road Collection, which may have some restriction I assume) since they have the condition of having an active WUP to be able to actually get them.

Right now, there's about 55 plugins that will get added if I upgrade to Mercury + Studio Classics (from Horizon + Studio Classics + singles), but I hardly need/want any of them. I will skip the upgrade this year and may go for it next Black Friday and indeed only if I really want to have WUP coverage (through upgrade in this case).
wangeroge wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:31 am
ERufian wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm The new plugins for Mercury used to be a pretty good deal when it was the "practically everything" bundle, but in recent years they've been releasing too many "out of Mercury" plugins: Clarity Pro, Ovox, all the Nx series, most Virtual Instruments.
Waves sees Ovox as an instrument. It's in the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection. These bundles of $29-plugins are not in the biggest bundle (Mercury+Studio Classics):

▪ Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection
▪ Nx Virtual Studio Collection
▪ Abbey Road Bundle
Good point. Although it would have been nice to see at least all the virtual instruments included in Mercury + Studio Classics bundle since a few are already included if I remember correctly.

thenumber23 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:52 am I saw the JRRShop overloud TH-U rig library on sale for $30 - is this standalone, or do you need to buy another TH-U product to play it? Overloud's site says you need to buy something else, but their demo video says it's standalone.
The Rig Libraries all now come with Rig Player, which will contain them. The Rig Player itself has some amps and pedals included also. I got BM Wisseloord and BM Bogna EC classic, and both run fine inside Rig Player without having to purchase any other bits. They add the Parallel Compressor and Stryverb -- I have no idea whether it sounds like a Strymon pedal.

EDIT -- I just had a paranoid thought. A big selling point for these over BF was the newly-included Rig Player, and TH-U had a banner about this on their web site. It's not longer there, and the individual Rig Libraries I checked don't refer to it. That deal may be over.

Which sounds like a good way to get people to quit buying your Rig Libraries, but what do I know. I guess it would cannibalize their other products. But the cat is out of the bag now, imho.
Last edited by GreyLion on Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unaspected wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:12 pm They got me with this one. Going to have to pick up a couple. Warble and something else...
Warble and Big AL are the ones to get.

thenumber23 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:52 am I saw the JRRShop overloud TH-U rig library on sale for $30 - is this standalone, or do you need to buy another TH-U product to play it? Overloud's site says you need to buy something else, but their demo video says it's standalone.
Overloud's most recent mailer says TH-U Essentials is included with BHS Iconic 1 - Hair Metal. It doesn't mention the others. They told me TH-U Essentials would stop being included after November 21 but maybe they changed their minds.

Thanks for the info about TH-U. I'll contact Overloud directly to make sure.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:09 am
Unaspected wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:12 pm They got me with this one. Going to have to pick up a couple. Warble and something else...
Warble and Big AL are the ones to get.
I went for Warble and V76U73 in the end. Each year previous, PA has brought back all the plugin deals at the end of the Xmas sale and reissued vouchers so I'm hoping to pick the other two up then.

Warble was an absolute necessity. Much better and more useful than I was expecting.

I went for Big Al and V76U73, Warble seemed good too but already have Satin and RC-20 so I though if I had to cut one it should be that.

Hi. Is it possible the use this current generic (PA) $25 loyalty voucher for transfer fees? I've found mixed information and just looked PA support and it says:

"Can I use my monthly Loyalty Voucher for License Transfer Fees?
No. The monthly loyalty vouchers can only be used on the promotional email link's plugins."

...but I don't know if that's the most recent policy :?:

EDIT: tried and it works

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:20 pm working-with-audio bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/work ... bookbundle
Thanks, but this has already been posted. See: viewtopic.php?p=8562399#p8562399

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”