Vanguard2 by Refx out 25th of November!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

Temp lock (I think). I'll try to do some clean-up later and then unlock it.
No longer a moderator.

I think I got it all, but even if I missed something, everyone involved in that discussion/argument, please just let it go. Thank you.

Edit: If I did miss something and it needs attention, please either use the report button or PM me rather than posting in the thread.
No longer a moderator.

Man those look great. Share plz!!!!!!!

How long is the intro?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:57 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:44 pm What is the appeal of this synth other than nostalgia? I seem to remember trying the original and not being particularly impressed but that was a long time ago
Seems to be one of those classic Trance machines, think Sylenth1, Spire and the likes. I never owned it, so, I can't tell how it sounds exactly, but, judging by the sound demos, I though I'd give it a pass, also considering that it seems to be pretty limited, and lacks a demo version.
I'd say it's the blend of nostalgia, simplicity, and its unique sound. At the time of its release, its trancegate was a somewhat unique feature that was very fitting at the time (I think it's still cool, but I'm a totally out-of-touch-with-modern-EDM dork, so whatever). It's not a synth that is going to contend with Omnisphere, or Zebra, or Falcon, etc., and it's not trying to replicate any vintage synths like every other synth these days, so you really have to love it for what it is and not for what it isn't. I guess as far as which niche it fills, maybe it's in a similar position as Tone2 Firebird and similar synths that are relatively simple by today's standard, but still sound good, are easy on the CPU, have a quick and easy workflow, and do some things very well.
Thanks - a trance gate wouldn’t have been something that appealed to me so that explains it. However I would like to try a demo but can’t seem to find one?

I'd like to demo too. Might just pull the trigger.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 amThanks - a trance gate wouldn’t have been something that appealed to me so that explains it. However I would like to try a demo but can’t seem to find one?
It’s only a ‘trance’ gate if you set the timing to 16th notes :lol:

Having used Vanguard 2 to complete a track now I cannot see it appearing in anything modern sounding that I make. I will use it for "period" tracks only.

Synthman2000 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:38 am Having used Vanguard 2 to complete a track now I cannot see it appearing in anything modern sounding that I make. I will use it for "period" tracks only.
i've already fit it into 2 modern tracks. any synth can fit anywhere, if one so chooses. and (outside of gliding supersaws and wobble basses), you can use whatever you want, anywhere.

a lot of presets represent their era, but a synth is a synth, and all of this is editable, malleable.

but wobble basses should be deleted on sight 😈

So is there a demo?

No. :?

fisherKing wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:05 pm but wobble basses should be deleted on sight 😈
https://youtu.be/IfeyUGZt8nk?t=70

Edit: damn doesn't load to 1:10 for maximum impact :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:47 pm
fisherKing wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:05 pm but wobble basses should be deleted on sight 😈
https://youtu.be/IfeyUGZt8nk?t=70

Edit: damn doesn't load to 1:10 for maximum impact :lol:
yikes, that was almost as headache-inducing as (wait for it).... a wobble bass... 😳

Does it have improved filters and oscilators comparing to Version 1? When I tried to produce psytrance in 90s, 00s i liked this synth but quality of osc/filters was far from hardware synths like access virus for me especially with high pass filters and psytrance sounds
otherwise it was nice synth I remember

Prototech wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:00 pm Does it have improved filters and oscilators comparing to Version 1?
As far as I understand it, it's the same synth, apart from 2 added filter types, and some new wavetables. Synth engine seems to be exactly the same.

Return to “Instruments”